softball

Your place to discuss Women's Softball

softball

Postby titanmac » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:10 am

took the time to check out the women against toledo yesterday at buysse ballpark. fun and the fresh grilled and nicely browned (crisp not burned) dogs are a reminder of how dogs should be cooked and eaten! unfortunately the rockets were too much for our ladies and we dropped the double header. still some nice softball, and a long home run into the trees by kayla kostich held our interest.

then a bunch of old time titans represented here went to te roma on van dyke in warren. roma is managed by titans (who knew?) who agreed to hoist a titan flag in the premises. i proposed a banner like the ones being sold in the bookstore. we need to get them one. nct set the fashion trend with the purchase of a classic uofd logoed sweatshirt from the bookstore, starting a rush of sales of the item in an effort to "be like hank".

a great time with a great bunch of titans.

ps. drop by roma sometime when your wandering around aimlessly. great food moderately priced and plenty of tv's to watch all the sports you can stand. you'll like it there!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Re: softball

Postby titanmike » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:25 am

titanmac wrote:took the time to check out the women against toledo yesterday at buysse ballpark. fun and the fresh grilled and nicely browned (crisp not burned) dogs are a reminder of how dogs should be cooked and eaten! unfortunately the rockets were too much for our ladies and we dropped the double header. still some nice softball, and a long home run into the trees by kayla kostich held our interest.

then a bunch of old time titans represented here went to te roma on van dyke in warren. roma is managed by titans (who knew?) who agreed to hoist a titan flag in the premises. i proposed a banner like the ones being sold in the bookstore. we need to get them one. nct set the fashion trend with the purchase of a classic uofd logoed sweatshirt from the bookstore, starting a rush of sales of the item in an effort to "be like hank".

a great time with a great bunch of titans.

ps. drop by roma sometime when your wandering around aimlessly. great food moderately priced and plenty of tv's to watch all the sports you can stand. you'll like it there!

Sounds like fun Mac. Of note is your comment about a flag in the premises. One thing when I am out in Oakland country I find is a lot of support in the university district. I would love to see our new marketing person make that effort as an integral part of public awareness.
titanmike
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:32 am

hey mike! i was introduced to bluemoon on tap with a slice of orange. that slice made the difference! not bad at all.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby titanmike » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:40 pm

titanmac wrote:hey mike! i was introduced to bluemoon on tap with a slice of orange. that slice made the difference! not bad at all.

I am glad you expanded your Horizons :D . However the beer snob in me would suggest to you that in the future you go with Kalamazoos Bell's Brewery "Oberon" with a slice of orange. I believe you will notice and even more impressive taste.
titanmike
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:04 pm

will do tm. you da man!
titanmac
Senior

Postby bobonthebus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:45 am

Hope everyone enjoyed the evening at Te Roma. We should get together again in the Titan B-Ball offseason. Lots of fun-enjoyed everyone's conversation and company. Nice meeting you NC-TITAN and your friend-Dude. With Reggie, Titanmac, UofD83 (Tom B.), Dennycrane and myself in attendance-it felt like a message board live chat. I promise to hang a Titan flag-banner in the place by early summer at the latest. I think it would be a good place to have Titan viewing parties for the Titan road games on ESPN. Lamont and I watched the Oregon game here last November.
bobonthebus
Senior

Postby titanreggie » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:56 am

Bob, thanks so much for suggesting the restaurant. To all in attendance, I had a great time and some of us finished it off with a visit to Tom's Tavern. I was given a new walking stick which makes me want to have another surgery so I can use it. :lol:

Great to have NCT in the D and to see everyone. In hindsight, I wish we had posted the gathering on the board. :!:

We'll do it again this summer.
TAKE THAT BALL TO THE HOOP & MAKE THOSE TURNOVERS HURT!
PLAY HARD, PLAY TOGETHER & PLAY TO WIN! DEFEND THE HALL!
titanreggie
Senior

Return to Women's Softball