softball

Your place to discuss Women's Softball

softball

Postby titanmac » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:33 pm

starts friday in wilmington...road trip nct? there isn't a senior on the team...and not too many juniors.

ps. for those of you with time on a nice spring day...the hotdogs at buysse ballpark are a lot better then the calihan dogs.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Re: softball

Postby kirky313 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:51 pm

they grill them...lol
UDM,DUKE
kirky313
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 pm

titanmac wrote:starts friday in wilmington...road trip nct? there isn't a senior on the team...and not too many juniors.

ps. for those of you with time on a nice spring day...the hotdogs at buysse ballpark are a lot better then the calihan dogs.

Wilmington is a long haul from Charlotte (200 miles, four hours). But in March I will venture to Rock Hill SC (20 miles) for a women's lacrosse game at Winthrop College. :D
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanreggie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 pm

NCT No distance is too far to see Titan Athletics LOL! I hope they win more games with their new coach. Good luck to the team and let's get to winning.
TAKE THAT BALL TO THE HOOP & MAKE THOSE TURNOVERS HURT!
PLAY HARD, PLAY TOGETHER & PLAY TO WIN! DEFEND THE HALL!
titanreggie
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm

they swept their fall season...'course they didn't play tough teams...'course in years past any team was a tough team. still, a great start for our new coach.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Very fine group of athletes. They work the concessions at Calihan and always get a tip from me.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby titanreggie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Do you show them how you hammered the ball back in the day Moose???
titanreggie
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm

titanreggie wrote:NCT No distance is too far to see Titan Athletics LOL! I hope they win more games with their new coach. Good luck to the team and let's get to winning.

Does that mean I'll see you at Winthrop, Reggie? ;)
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanreggie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Not this year but when you least expect it, I'll pop up in Charlotte. Beware!! LOL! Maybe I'll have to take a NASCAR trip down and not attend the race but hang with you.
titanreggie
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Reggie, I put 'tips' in their tip jar, as in money. Tips on batting is best left to those with a distinguished baseball past. I just played for fun as a kid. My guess is those women on the Titans could teach me how to play.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:11 pm

titanreggie wrote:Not this year but when you least expect it, I'll pop up in Charlotte. Beware!! LOL! Maybe I'll have to take a NASCAR trip down and not attend the race but hang with you.

I kind of keep this quiet, but I'm a closet NASCAR fan (well, I guess not anymore). Never been to a race but it looks like fun. Basketball is still my favorite sport but I'll watch NASCAR on TV sometimes.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Reggie has a distinguished baseball past.
titanmac
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 pm

titanmac wrote:Reggie has a distinguished baseball past.

I know he does, so he can teach the softball team. I'm not qualified to do any more than put a dollar in their jar and say "Good Luck, ladies!"
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:00 pm

You can eat the hotdogs moose!
titanmac
Senior

Postby professorjackson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Wish I cared about Titan softball. Don't care about softball. Cared about baseball. But we don't have baseball anymore.
David J. Jackson, Class of '91
professorjackson
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 pm

All I usually do is drink water, but my kid loves the hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn, Powerade, all that stuff. And I'm a sucker for giving the girls tips. I figure it goes to a good cause.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 pm

titanreggie wrote:Not this year but when you least expect it, I'll pop up in Charlotte. Beware!! LOL! Maybe I'll have to take a NASCAR trip down and not attend the race but hang with you.

You got a place to stay, Reg. ;) Problem is, nothing like Tom's here. Not much in the way of neighborhood bars in Charlotte.
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:09 am

Great barbecue tho.
titanmac
Senior

Return to Women's Softball