Altes Beer Scoreboard

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Altes Beer Scoreboard

Postby ptctitan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:14 am

Sam, you are beginning to write with some flair. Commissioner better get home from Kauai soon or he may have competition. :)
ptctitan
Senior

Postby udballer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:41 am

Motor City Sam wrote:Maryland 76, Catholic 59. I didn't see this game, but I heard that the Terps opponent was actually a single Catholic dude.

What class? Maybe we could get him as a grad transfer?
udballer
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:44 pm

udballer wrote:
Motor City Sam wrote:Maryland 76, Catholic 59. I didn't see this game, but I heard that the Terps opponent was actually a single Catholic dude.

What class? Maybe we could get him as a grad transfer?

I'm guessing no one thought that a single, devoted Catholic could keep in within 17. I'd have thought he'd foul out.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:45 pm

You also have to assume he'd inbound the ball to himself and then go 1 on 5. I'm impressed. That's strong.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby udballer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:04 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:You also have to assume he'd inbound the ball to himself and then go 1 on 5. I'm impressed. That's strong.

Exactly. A little upset we didn't make a run at this kid out of high school. :x
udballer
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:05 pm

He'd average 159 PPG in our run n gun offense. Then again, they'd probably let Jr. attempt 400 3 pointers a game. It's all theoretical at this point, but how...I mean...HOW does a Catholic kid like this slip under our radar?! :cry: :oops:
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Results from December 13, 2017. Rough night for the Horizon.

Belmont 82, Milwaukee 63. The Panthers drop to 6-5 despite 20 points from Jeremiah Bell.

Top Twenty Five:
#1 Villanova 87, Temple 67. Nova won each of their Big Five games by at least twenty points.
#9 Texas A&M 113, Savannah State 66.
#24 Texas Tech 82, Kennesaw State 53.

Other games of interest:
Illinois 92, Longwood 45
Wisconsin 81, Western Kentucky 80. Reports indicate the game ended on a very controversial call.
Ole Miss 82, Sam Houston State 69
Duquesne 73, Mississippi Valley State 49. Per ESPN, MVSU is one of seven teams still winless.
SMU 79, New Orleans 66
Bradley 86, Little Rock 46. The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is another school joining the trend of simplifying their athletic brand name to emphasize their City of location, i.e. Milwaukee, Fort Wayne, etc.
LSU 80, Houston 77
Boise State 85, Grand Canyon 80. Non-profit beats For-profit.
Oregon 95, Portland State 84
Seattle 88, St. Martin's 72. Seattle is 7-5.
No mid major had a win worthy of mid major win of the day.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Can I assume that these scores will not be revised due to "technical difficulties"? ;)

Wow, the HL looks really weak this year...and that's saying something. Of course, on Saturday, after we defeat the Wolverines, I expect we'll all be feeling better.

Believe it or not, I'm torn on the MSU-OU game. I wish there was some way they could both lose.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:58 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:Can I assume that these scores will not be revised due to "technical difficulties"? ;)

Wow, the HL looks really weak this year...and that's saying something. Of course, on Saturday, after we defeat the Wolverines, I expect we'll all be feeling better.

Believe it or not, I'm torn on the MSU-OU game. I wish there was some way they could both lose.

I make no promises on the accuracy of the scores, especially this week, which has been crazy busy. :D

A win over Michigan is always a good thing. I'm with you, Moose: Why not?
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Welcome to the Tribe of Delusion. I knew you'd sign on eventually. That makes three of us. ptc joined up earlier. When they win, we are all going to be so vindicated. Anyone else out there who wants to get on the winning team?
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Seriously, thanks for the scoreboard. It's one of the first things I look for when I check in on the forum. The compilation has to be time consuming but know it's appreciated.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:34 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:Seriously, thanks for the scoreboard. It's one of the first things I look for when I check in on the forum. The compilation has to be time consuming but know it's appreciated.

I'm glad some folks see it as a positive. I enjoy it, but I'm usually not as strapped for time as I have been this week.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Scores from December 14, 2017. No Horizon League teams were in action.

Top 25.
#21 Baylor 99, Texas Southern 68. TSU continues their march through the gauntlet, but the big story from this game was on the Baylor side. Senior center Jo Lual-Acuil Jr. is a native of Sudan who had not seen his family in four years. On Thursday, his parents were finally able to come to see him. They arrived at the arena 45 minutes before tip off and watched Jo score 18 points, grab five rebounds, and block 2 shots in the Bears win. Even better, Jo graduates this weekend, and his parents will be in attendance. I love that story.

Other games of interest.
South Florida 83, Bethune Cookman 63.
Northwestern 84, Valpo 50. The HL is so bad this year, even former league teams are struggling.
Tulsa 77, Prairie View A&M 73. Mr. T's alma mater gave it a good shot but fell short of what would have been the mid major win of the day.
South Dakota 90, Northern Arizona 77
USC 82, Santa Clara 59. The Trojans, who were ranked at one point, finally get a win after dropping three straight.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby uofdmik2008 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Titans 85 UofM 83, Ill joint your delusional tribe!
Mik

University of Detroit Mercy alum 08 and 09
uofdmik2008
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 am

uofdmik2008 wrote:Titans 85 UofM 83, Ill joint your delusional tribe!

Welcome aboard, my friend. Yeah, I can see that score.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:27 pm

Scores from December 15, 2017. Quiet night.

UIC 76, Dartmouth 60. Decent win for the Flames.

Stanford 75, Denver 62.

Colorado 112, South Dakota State 103 in OT. Near miss for Mid Major Win of the Day.

San Francisco 74, UC Davis 61.

Houston Baptist 100, Barclay College 65. HBU is 4-7

Creighton 87, Maryland Eastern Shore 36. Creighton is 8-2 and looking pretty good.

North Carolina A&T 64, Tennessee State 54

Sam Houston State 57, Little Rock 55
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Scores from December 16, 2017. Lots of games, and some basketball related heartbreaks for me.

Michigan 90, Detroit 58: Ugly, ugly game. Hard to tell what early stat was most depressing. 11 Detroit turnovers with seven minutes to go in the first half. Five total Detroit field goals in the first half. 54-19 halftime score. Pick from one of those or one of several others. The Titans looked overmatched physically, which was expected, and not prepared, which perhaps I should start to expect. Keep in mind that Wagner didn't play for Michigan, and I think coach JB eased off the gas in the second half.

Most of the HL played well yesterday.

Michigan State 86, Oakland 73. As Coach Kampe said, there are no moral victories, but the Grizz played well against the number two team in the country. Cassius Winston, who had a good relationship with the previous Titan coaching staff, but was still never going to go anywhere but high major, led the Spartans with 19 points. Somewhere along the line, he has developed into a very good three point shooter. Kendrick Nunn led the Grizz with 32, despite playing on a gimpy ankle. With Hayes back and Nunn recovering, Oakland might be rounding into form for the HL season.
Milwaukee 73, Loyola Chicago 56. Surprising win for Milwaukee, made even more impressive by the margin. Loyola walked in 10-1, with a win over Florida, and Milwaukee handled them pretty easily, taking a 17 point half time lead. Excellent win for the HL.
Wright State 77, Toledo 69. We know what Toledo is capable of. Credit to the Raiders for traveling to the Glass City and picking up the road win.
Washington State 72, IUPUI 59. The Jags trailed by only six at the half on the road.
Green Bay 86, Wisconsin Parkside 50.

Other games of note:
Oklahoma 91, #3 Wichita State 83. Home game for the Shockers, bit upset win for the Sooners. Remember the name Trae Young.
#9 Kentucky 93, Virginia Tech 86. The Hokies were up six at the half, but UK came back strong. Very entertaining game to watch.
#10 Xavier 68, East Tennessee State 66. This game will sting ETSU for awhile. They were up 12 at the half. The question is, will they still be feeling the effects of the loss when they visit Calihan Hall on Tuesday.
Rutgers 71, #15 Seton Hall 65. Big upset for Rutgers. Their program is showing some real life this year, and in a down year for the Big Ten, they might make some noise.
Purdue 82, Butler 67. The Bulldogs fall to 8-3.
Indiana 80, #18 Notre Dame 77. This game, and the Purdue/Butler game, were part of a double header in Indianapolis, the Crossroads Classic.
#25 Cincinnati 77, UCLA 63.
Louisville 81, Memphis 72. In a rebuilding year for Memphis, they played a good game against a better Cardinal team. The game was tied at the half and close until one of the Memphis starting forwards left with an injury early in the second half and couldn't return. My heart was hurting over this one.
Syracuse 86, Georgetown 79. The Hoyas blew a 13 point lead in the second half and lost in OT. Syracuse is 9-1, Georgetown is 8-1. More basketball heartbreak for me.
Stephen F. Austin 83, LSU 82. Mr. Austin must be quite a player. Need to get him on the same team as that Catholic dude.
Northwestern 62, DePaul 60. Another part of my basketball heartbreak on Saturday. Some of you (especially Denny Crane and Moose) know how much I like DePaul.
Texas 75, Louisiana Tech 60.
Oregon State 63, St. Louis 60. St. Louis falls to 5-6.
Fort Wayne 88, Stetson 84. Fort Wayne moves to 7-5.
Seattle 89, Portland 76. Seattle is 8-5.
Murray State 100, Marist 63. Uh oh.
Southern Utah 86, Central Michigan 80.
Belmont 79, Pepperdine 62.
UMass 72, Georgia 62. Detroit native Yante Maten scored 20 points and had nine rebounds for Georgia. Mike Edwards, a Michiganian that the Titans could have landed had Georgia not come in late with that offer, scored eight points and had three rebounds for the Bulldogs.
Oral Roberts 83, Florida Gulf Coast (Dunk City) 64.
Illinois State 101, Ole Miss 97.
Evansville 78, Austin Peay 74.
Temple 63, Drexel 60.
Dayton 88, Georgia State 83.
Eastern Michigan 85, Long Beach State 80. Good road win for the Eagles, who are 8-2.
New Mexico State 74, Illinois 69. The Illini trailed big early, fought back to take the lead, and then NMSU took over down the stretch for a big win on the road.
Mid Major Win of the Day: UNC Greensboro over North Carolina State. Today was a day with several worth contenders for the honor, but after careful consideration (I spent about three seconds thinking about it) I'll go with this one, as UNC-G went into Jim Valvano territory and upset the Wolfpack. I'm still mad at NC State for upsetting one of my favorite teams in the 1983 NCAA championship. Ask anyone; I can hold a grudge forever.

Personal high note for the scoreboard: My nine year old niece Jaida, who some of you have met at Titan games, is playing basketball and her team won yesterday and today. UD Baller, she's a point guard, too. :-)

Sobering thought to close this entry. The Titans next two games are against ETSU, which led #10 Xavier by 22 in the second half in Cincinnati before fading late, and 7-2 Murray State, who beat D1 Marist by 37 points.
Last edited by Motor City Sam on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:07 pm

To Jaida:

Congratulations on the "W". Good luck to you and your team for the season. The 1 guard is the quarterback of the team, so it's a tall task. But I have to believe you're up to it. Moose Nation has your back! :D :D :D
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Larry Titan pointed out to me that I totally mixed up Syracuse with St John's in the scoreboard. Georgetown did lose to Syracuse, but of course Chris Mullins coaches St. John's. I will fix that.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:40 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:To Jaida:

Congratulations on the "W". Good luck to you and your team for the season. The 1 guard is the quarterback of the team, so it's a tall task. But I have to believe you're up to it. Moose Nation has your back! :D :D :D

Thanks, Moose. I will pass that on.
Motor City Sam
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball