Clown Show

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Clown Show

Postby sacredheartgreg » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:11 am

Just saw our mess on Channel 7 News, something needs to be done. So disappointed in the whole thing.
sacredheartgreg
Senior

Re: Clown Show

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:14 am

Program is in shambles. We can forget about winning the last 2 non-con games. Looking back, the win at SLU was simply a miracle. As others have stated on other threads, we might play .500 ball in league play. BUT, that's only because we are in an awful league. Anyone who watched both games yesterday can see OU is superior to us. I'd be interested to hear from people in attendance yesterday how many Detroit Mercy fans were there. Seemed like during the OU game the espn camera showed OU fans quite a bit. I don't recall the camera ever showing our fans. Maybe that's because we weren't there. Maybe it's because we had our faces in our hands and didn't look too happy. Detroit Mercy fans will need to wear paper grocery bags with eye slots pretty soon.

Team a mess. Some talent but not coached remotely well. Head coach suspension is just another black eye for the program. Our flagship athletic program, I have to assume, is revenue negative right now. Rebrand a total dumpster fire. The UM press releases never referred to us by our preferred name. ESPNU also got our name wrong. Really nothing at all positive right now. I miss that 2012 team.
Detroit Mercy does not provide public comment on internal personnel issues!
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby bctitans1987 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 am

There were no UDM fans at the game. The cheer and dance teams were great, but other than that, the basketball team/program is a complete disaster.

It all starts at the top...
bctitans1987
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 pm

Broad sweeping statements like yours are inaccurate, bct. Granted the UDM contingent was not large. But there were many fans who attend games at Calihan Hall and some others who I never see there but who were wearing old UD sweatshirts or Titan Club sweaters. The cheer and dance teams did do a very nice job. The basketball team was outclassed from the start.
dennycrane
Senior

Postby uofdfan1983 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:01 pm

Maybe I don't count because I am a U-D/U of D/UDM (whatever you want to call me, I don't really care) fan, but I was there. As were many others. The problem is that our players who did not show up.
Tom Buysse
Classes of 1983 and 1987
uofdfan1983
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:46 pm

uofdfan1983 wrote: The problem is that our players who did not show up.

If you win they will come
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby uofdmik2008 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:53 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:
uofdfan1983 wrote: The problem is that our players who did not show up.

If you win they will come

Winning cures a lot, hopefully the second half of the season addresses that!
Mik

University of Detroit Mercy alum 08 and 09
uofdmik2008
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm

I'm with Tom and Denny, there were certainly Titan fans at the game. I couldn't make it due to my work schedule, but I saw Titan fans on TV and know of several who were at the game. It would have been nice if there were more of us in the house for such a big event, but the lack of attendance is kind of expected given the normal attendance numbers and the product on the floor so far this season.

I will be at Calihan tomorrow for the ETSU game and I hope to enjoy the experience with my fellow Titan fans.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball