Everything Ray McCallum Jr

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Everything Ray McCallum Jr

Postby Motor City Sam » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks for the updates on Ray. I wish him nothing but success.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Ray had an up and down weekend with an excellent performance in the Euro League as Unicaja upset Maccabi Tel Aviv. Slowly, but surely, Unicaja is working themselves into playoff position in the Euro League.

They let the 2nd team handle a game in the Spanish League after the win over Maccabi, but they didn't do very well. When they brought the 1st team in, they didn't gel. Not one of the best guys had a good performance so they ended up losing to a lesser team. I am sure winning in the Spanish league is only prestige.

Ray is playing a steady PG role and he looks like the game is more to his liking when they are playing the better teams from the Euro League.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Ray pretty much stunk the place up with his shooting today. In 18 minutes he was 0-6 from the field. Unicaja lost by 2. Fortunately, this was a Spanish league game where they are safely in the playoff hunt. He will get a chance to redeem himself on Sunday with they play a Euroleague games against Barcelona. This is one of their Spanish rivals. There will be a lot on the line in this game because Unicaja is just outside the playoff cut off and needs to keep winning in the Euroleague to pass up a couple of teams. Barcelona is below them and if they win this will put Barcelona in a very tough spot to make the Euroleague playoff. Hopefully, Ray absorbed all the bad vibes for the Titans today and only good ones will be left for the Titans.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Tough shooting day, but I bet he bounces back. Thanks for keeping us informed.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Well Ray made his comeback today. After losing the starting PG position, he came off the bench and scored a team high 15 points to lead Unicaja to an upset victory over Real Madrid, the top ranked Spanish team. He had 4 rebounds, an assist and a couple of steals. This win puts Unicaja in a prime position to jump into the top 8 teams that will make up the playoffs in the Euroleague. I would guess that since the starting PG didn't score and Ray ended up with over twice as many minutes, he will be back on the floor at tipoff time next game.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball