Everything Nick Minnerath

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Everything Nick Minnerath

Postby titanmike » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:20 am

Home for everything Nick.
titanmike
Senior

Re: Everything Nick Minnerath

Postby JimmyChitwood » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:13 pm

I posted this in the other thread, but now that there is a Minnerath thread on top I will repost the video.

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/6374-lacb-20 ... _minnerath
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby bballing » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Been ages since i have posted, thought this would start me back up. always loved this kid's story! So glad to see him doing well. I expect him back playing in the NBA next year. Always felt seeing him play at Detroit that he had the complete package to make it in the NBA.A year in the top Spainish league will really help him make the next step! Good luck Nick!!

GOOD LUCK TO THE TITANS THIS YEAR glad the season is here!!
bballing
Senior

Postby DPistons » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Great video, thanks for the post. Have been trying to follow ray, nick and doug. Great to see the success of both ray and nick. Both seemed to me to be the hard core workers last year. When best players work the hardest you know you got something special. I think both those players will have fine professional careers!
I have high hopes for this year's Titans!
DPistons
Senior

Postby detroittitans » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:24 pm

Nice. Glad Nick is doing so well! Keep it up Nick!
detroittitans
Senior

Postby olderman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:52 am

Came back to see Nick doing so great! That is so cool. My gut always thought he and Ray would be very good pro basketball players, Spain does have the second best league in the world, I think?!? I think he will move up to the NBA after a year or two as a pro. Just needs to refine his game a little.
Always loved the kid's energy and style of play.

Look forward to the new season! GO TITANS!
olderman
Senior

Postby Freebuddys » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJuJfjD8gmk

A couple of highlights from overseas.
Freebuddys
Senior

Postby titanmac » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:51 pm

nice clip! wish i could understand the commentary. +1 fb. thanks.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:22 pm

titanmac wrote:nice clip! wish i could understand the commentary. +1 fb. thanks.

I think the guy was saying "Nick is the best player in Spain" and "Why isn't he playing in the NBA?"
RIP Titan Reggie #DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurTurnOurCity #RememberTheTitans
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:42 pm

i think your right nct!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Maybe having Nick playing in Spain will land us a recruit or two from the Iberian Peninsula. Javier Mendiburu was an all-Horizon selection a decade or so ago for Green Bay, led the league in assists. Temple had a big center from Spain a few years ago who was pretty good. It doesn't seem like there have been many Spaniards play college ball, but as big as hoops is over there you'd think there should be some talent.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby collegehoopsfan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:32 am

I still remember watching Nick Minnerath play for the first time and I said at the time, how did Detroit get this guy, I had never even heard of him! He and Ray Macallum both I thought were NBA talent. I still think after a year or two overseas Minnerth will play here in the NBA. Two guys with talent like that you should have at least won the Horizon League! Just some bad luck I guess, and in one game series luck does have a lot to do with it!
collegehoopsfan
Senior

Postby titanfrank1 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Cogratulations to Nick!! Happy to see him do so well. Always good to see next generation Titans caring on the Titan tradition.
titanfrank1
Sophmore

Postby JimmyChitwood » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:08 am

Looks like Nick was let go by his team in Spain. He was only averaging 6 points a game and either just under 1 or just over 2 rebounds a game. I was hoping for better numbers from him. He was signed by a team in France. Hope he has better luck there. Go get 'em Nick.
The Rio Natura Monbus Nick Minnerath and player have reached an agreement to terminate the contract between them since last August 29.

The power forward has averaged about statistics: six points per game (with a percentage of 43% in 2 shots and 44% shooting from 3), 0.7 rebounds, 0.2 assists and 3.3 valuation in the 15 games he has played under coach Moncho Fernández.

The club, which is already working on incorporating a substitute player wishes him every success in the future of his career.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... uerdo.html

Nick Minnerath
STB Le Havre (ProA) added to their roster American forward Nick Minnerath (206-98kg, college: Detroit Mercy). He started the season at Blusens Monbus Obradoiro CAB in Spanish Liga Endesa. In 15 games he recorded 6.0ppg and 2.2rpg this season.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/Spain/ ... s_M/347887
Writing, 14 Jan. 2014 -. After that became public his termination of contract with the Rio Natura Monbus , STB Le Havre has announced the signing of Nick Minnerath.

The club has earned Norman American power forward for enhanced injury after Brian Boddicker, who played in the CBA in 2007-08 season, in the ranks of CB Valladolid.

Le Havre is the last of the French Pro A, with only three wins in fifteen games.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... d%3D100510

Some interesting info on his new team:
STB Le Havre was the first team to register with the French Basketball Federation when it was established 1932.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STB_Le_Havre
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:13 am

I received (from good resource), that Nick requested the change. Was not really happy there and minutes were getting cut and hardly played last few games and they lost to worst teams in league. From my understanding Nick should have been playing much more, he was actually starting. Sounded like a conflict with coach? I have seen clips and read about the coach and I guess he is off the wall, and most if not all Americans do not return. Last year ohio state star William Bufford played little and averaged only a couple points per game.
Same person told me a very good move for Nick to the top league in France where he is expected to play more.

What I would give to live in Spain for 4 months than France for another 4 months!! :D

Good luck Nick
jucofan1
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:52 pm

titanmac
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:25 pm

It had to be a personality clash. We watched Nick here and we all know damn well that he has game...and a very good attitude and work ethic. I wish him the best with his new team and still have a feeling he could end up on an NBA team.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby udm_2015 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:39 am

European experience is great for nick ( or any player for that matter )! Goes beyond basketball and players learn to survive in foreign environments. Learn to play with others from around the world. Nick's game will just get better and I think he hs a chance to make it in the nba.
I had talked who folks who told me the talk was If Nick became a better rebounder he will be in the nba. Good luck to him.

Someone also told me they saw on Doug Anderson's twitter he just started playing somewhere, but he did not say where?
Anyone know?
udm_2015
Senior

Postby GoTitans » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:47 am

GoTitans
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:38 am

Sure do miss having him around. And Doug, too. High entertainment value.
RIP Titan Reggie #DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurTurnOurCity #RememberTheTitans
NC Titan
Senior

Next

Return to Men's Basketball