Everything Nick Minnerath

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Everything Nick Minnerath

Postby titanmike » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:50 pm

titanmike
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:19 pm

titanmike wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/pelicans-nick-minnerath-will-play-summer-league-with-pelicans/

Huh? Emphasis mine.

After being released by the Cavaliers last year, Minnerath played 49 games in the NBA D-League where he was very impressive. The shooting guard averaged 18.5 points while shooting 40 percent from three and 50 percent from the field on top of grabbing 6.9 rebounds per game. He'll look to get his second chance at the NBA after his stint with New Orleans this summer.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmike » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:25 pm

NC Titan wrote:
titanmike wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/pelicans-nick-minnerath-will-play-summer-league-with-pelicans/

Huh? Emphasis mine.

After being released by the Cavaliers last year, Minnerath played 49 games in the NBA D-League where he was very impressive. The shooting guard averaged 18.5 points while shooting 40 percent from three and 50 percent from the field on top of grabbing 6.9 rebounds per game. He'll look to get his second chance at the NBA after his stint with New Orleans this summer.

I just brought it, I didn't write it :)
titanmike
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:57 am

hah! I wonder if they're thinkin of nick as a stretch 2?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:10 pm

My understanding Nick had many offers to different teams for summer league. Guess he real close to that final step to NBA. This from juco coach who would know. Best of luck to him. Don't follow the jucos like I used to. Still follow Mott that about it these days.
Interesting Howard back in Mismi summer league. Guess cause his dad coaching team I think. Believe he played only 4 games in Spain's second level team. Don't know if he got cut, homesick, or what.
Good luck with your new coach. I think be going to be real good for Detroit. I like going to games when I can in Callihan! Great deal in great arena! Classic!
jucofan1
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Per Twitter this morning:

David Pick
‏@IAmDPick
Source: D-League star Nick Minnerath receiving interest from Nets, Lakers, Wizards, Pelicans, Mavericks. Might land NBA deal.
HSScout1
Senior

Postby cjmcgow35 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:51 pm

I was flipping around just now and noticed Nick and the Pelicans are going to be on espn2 @ 10:30 tonight.
Christopher McGowan '11
cjmcgow35
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 pm

cjmcgow35 wrote:I was flipping around just now and noticed Nick and the Pelicans are going to be on espn2 @ 10:30 tonight.

Nick and the Pelicans vs. Buddy Holly and the Crickets.

Just kidding!! I'm excited for Nick. I think he has NBA talent for the right team. He'd make a good Hornet.
NC Titan
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:22 am

Nick started, but played only 12 mins with 4 pts and 4 reb.
HSScout1
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:03 pm

crap! missed it. those aren't bad stats in a few minutes. get em nick!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:58 am

Nick didn't start Sunday Night, but scored 5 points with 3 rebounds in 15 minutes
HSScout1
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:06 am

Nick played only 2 mins and did not score Monday Night
HSScout1
Senior

Postby DPistons » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:01 am

Crazy Nick not playing? I had heard he had committed to this team early on? Plus all the hype before it? Makes no sense. Beginning to think Nick should head overseas and make good money. After great year in NBA D league I'm sure he good nice contract with someone! I agree someone NBA should pick him up, but it's time to make money again. I bet he get himself good 6 figures overseas with all benifits they give it's great. Plus he been to France, Spain , try another country. Turkey, Russia, China all pay good. Turkey might be little questionable now a days I guess. NBA is losing out, but they just don't care. Use the hell out of those kids.
Go Nick.. Represent Detroit Titans wherever you end up. Always one of my favorite Titans!
DPistons
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:42 am

don't keep up to date but the Italian league used to be the highest paying league? foods good too!
titanmac
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:08 am

Yesterday, Nick played only 4 minutes (actually 3:50) with no points/2 rebounds. I believe New Orleans is now eliminated and their season is over
HSScout1
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:16 pm

HSScout1
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:46 am

good I hope he gets a bundle! hardest working titan I can remember. a shame he's not getting a shot? I wonder what if anything the scouts and coaches see that we don't? my guess is he's just not a traditional route talent. the finest of distinctions? i am awed.
titanmac
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:50 am

ps. maybe jermaine worked harder.
titanmac
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:50 pm

He was really close. That Pelicans team screwed him. But Nick's....Nick, and he will persevere through it all and just get better. He be making real good money in Russia. I'd guess close to quarter million and all benifits from house, car, and insurance. Probably everything but food. It's a eurocup team so even better for Nick.
As for NBA they have moved to drafting and taking risks on young unproven kids who scouts calculate potential. Crazy cause so many never make it. Nick already be 28 soon. There still chance this year called back or next year. Either way for a kid with barely any basketball before Jackson community College at beginning at about 21 years of age.... Kid did fabulous!! A great story. A great young man. He represents your university great!
jucofan1
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Let's not forget that Nick has a wife who is from Russia.
NC Titan
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball