Everything Nick Minnerath

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Everything Nick Minnerath

Postby AmenBrother » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Yes, congrats Nick. Nick married a UDM Tennis Player.
AmenBrother
Senior

Postby olderman » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Big congratulations to one of my favorite Titan player. My granddaughter had a huge crush on Nick while she attended the school. We never missed any home games if I remember. Nick was always so polite to her after games when she congratulated the players.
All the best Nick to you and yours!
If anyone has a chance they should check out the top 5 of Nicks last game on the Cholet site. Sorry I don't know how to post it here. I still follow him and Ray.
Good luck to this years team, I hope it takes a turn soon.
olderman
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:37 am

Wow I just saw the pic on your Instagram. Congratulations Nick, you have come a long way from Jackson community college. Happiness to you both and get doing your thing. I see you doing big things in Cholet. Big things in USA next year!
jucofan1
Senior

Postby detroittitans » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Congrats on Nick's wedding! Just saw a reverse dunk won #1 highlight of December for him in the French A league. Very cool. Keep showing that USA talent and Detroit Titan pride!
Go Titans beat UIC tonight!
detroittitans
Senior

Postby udm_2015 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:46 pm

Nick was MVP for December (the fan vote). His team Cholet not doing great but Nick seems to be doing well. Game today he had 23 points and 11 rebounds in the loss against Nanterre (Paris). Kind of wish We were still watching him play for Detroit. Use him and Ray against Valpo tomorrow.
udm_2015
Senior

Postby collegehoopsfan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:44 pm

Sorry to see your team struggle the last couple years. I got interested in your team cause of this guy, Minnerath and MacCallum. See both doing well in pro.
Minnerath MVP for team in Cholet again for February with 18.5 pts and 5.3 rebounds for the month. Maybe this be the year he gets a calling in the NBA. Those older teams sure had talent. Eli Homan making $$ money in China and read he signed for next year already. Chase Simon in Poland .... Talent galore you guys had. Doug Anderson disappear? Still can't believe with the talent in Detroit those years you did not make a run in the NCAA?
Good luck next year!
collegehoopsfan
Senior

Postby player#3 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Glad to see Nick doing well. Looked him up today and saw a tough loss to a top contender in the league. Nick had 24 points and 11 rebounds. He is in top 5 for points per minute in the 18 pro A league in France for the year. Not bad for a juco player from a town of 1000. Hope he breaks the barrier to the NBA this year.
player#3
Senior

Postby DPistons » Wed May 06, 2015 8:15 am

Minnerath the fan MVP for his team again this past April. Averaged 19.5 pts, 6.5 rebounds, and 18 for evaluation. For year 13.8 4.2 12.5. Big Nick still doing the work. Proud he is a Titan.
DPistons
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed May 06, 2015 10:14 am

thats a pretty good league. i hope the nba will give him a look. he's earned it.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed May 06, 2015 4:48 pm

DPistons wrote:Minnerath the fan MVP for his team again this past April. Averaged 19.5 pts, 6.5 rebounds, and 18 for evaluation. For year 13.8 4.2 12.5. Big Nick still doing the work. Proud he is a Titan.

What does "18 for evaluation" mean?
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:13 am

I think in euro basket evaluations is just a formula of points+rebounds+assists+steal+Blocks and missed shots/free throws/turnovers/fouls. Highest aversge around 19 or so, usually held by centers. 18 is very good.
Go Nick.... Great he still doing great. Still hope to see him back home in NBA some day. The top leagues in Europe are a great way to go too. Good luck Nick! Great great representation of junior college players who can make it.

Wishing the Titans great luck in the future.
jucofan1
Senior

Postby bballing » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:02 am

Minnerath #3 top play for France 2014/2015. Had #1 top dunk for Spain last year. Wonder if he or any other Titans be in NBA summer league again this year?
bballing
Senior

Postby collegehoopsfan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:23 am

Nick Minnerath invited to summer league by Milwaukee Bucks. This according to hoops hype and French be_basket.com.
Jason Kidd head coach. He was head coach for Nets last year when Minnerath played for him as Orlando summer league. Good for him, hopefully 3rd time will be the charm!
Give Detroit, they produce some damn good players under McCallum.
collegehoopsfan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:31 am

thanks for the update fan. wishing minnerath the best.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Surprised to see Minnerath not on the Bucks roster. Only logical answer something kept him from going. Could have been anything. My guess his agents decision. Wish him luck next year wherever he lands.
jucofan1
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:02 am

jucofan1 wrote:Surprised to see Minnerath not on the Bucks roster. Only logical answer something kept him from going. Could have been anything. My guess his agents decision. Wish him luck next year wherever he lands.

Years ago I remember reading an article about the late Anthony Mason. In this article he stated that he initially rejected the knicks training camp offer, due to the fact that other teams had treated him like practice fodder...they knew there rosters were set and that they had no intentions of keeping him. They just wanted to use him to help their guys get work in practice. Pat Riley convinced him that he would be given every chance to make the team. The rest is history. Mason played very well for the knicks. I'm wondering if Nick is in the same situation. He probably doesn't want to be used. I'm sure he's making some good money where he's at.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby MotownTitan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Detroit Mercy NEVER did great things! Detroit did, while Mercy failed
MotownTitan
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:17 pm

Awesome, huge oppurtunity for Nick. I figured there was a reason he was not playing overseas yet. After two years and summer leagues its Nick's time. Gets cut will probably play for Clevlands d league Canton Charge. Call ups possible. No matter what this will make him even more marketable overseas....more$$. But NBA teams have noticed him. It just takes one. Good luck Nick!
jucofan1
Senior

Postby olderman » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Happy to see Nick signed with Cleveland, tremendous oppurtunity and honor for Nick. Excited for him and his possibilities. I still miss those Titan years with Nick and Ray and that crew! Good luck Nick, just keep working hard. Big congratulations!! Good luck to the Titans this year, looks like Ray has put together a solid team.
olderman
Senior

Postby collegehoopsfan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Wow! Good for him. I remember that first game I saw him play and said this guy is a player. Think he scored like 30 points or something. His endless hustle and athletismn were impressive. Beautiful soft touch for a big man in addition to his inside play. I honestly can see him as a solid role player in the NBA. Good luck to him.
Hope the Titans do well this year.
collegehoopsfan
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball