Everything Nick Minnerath

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Everything Nick Minnerath

Postby udm_2015 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Very cool! Damn! Love to see Nick playing in NBA. Be great to have another Titan in there. He was on campus yesterday saw a Twitter pic Coach Mac posted of the two of them. Married man now to Titan tennis player Lera Kulikvskaya Minnerath a very good tennis player in her own right. Happy for the both of them. Be great experience playing against the best. Good luck Nick!!
udm_2015
Senior

Postby DPistons » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Nick looked good today on NBA TV's coverage of the Cleveland Cavaliers training camp. He was upbeat and just seemed to fit right in. Coarse the stars go the most coverage but huge oppurtunity for Nick. What a group of talented basketball players to be associated with. Hats off to the young man and Detroit for bringing him here out of junior college.
DPistons
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:38 am

they have a diamond in the rough if they can figure it out. so much of the nba selections is based on pedigree, whether or not earned. the only explanation for the chances given to guys like darko and mateen. good luck nick! work hard buddy!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:38 am

Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:23 pm

Nice debut for Nick, he scored 8pts. and played 22 minutes. I am really rooting for him to make this team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400830053
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby DPistons » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Nick was a beast on defense, he was intense. Game much more impressive to watch than stats show. Still 3/5 shooting, 2/2 line and 0 turnovers. Rebounds/Assist/steals- just well rounded game for his debut in NBA. Showed he belongs there. Like in Detroit, Nick not going to back down from nobody!
Titan Nation!!
DPistons
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:25 pm

No go for Nick: http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... ed_in.html

To make room on the roster for Tristan Thompson, the Cleveland Cavaliers will release camp invitee Nick Minnerath, league sources informed Northeast Ohio Media Group.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby detroittitans » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:01 pm

I was hoping Nick would spend more time on the floor after such a good game in Philadelphia? But it does sound like the are now looking for guard, probably Cunningham kid. He did get invitation to the Canton Charge. So he still a Cavalier with possibility of call ups this year. I did read they really like his 3 point ability with his athleticism. Be interesting, he will be very marketable overseas after cavs stint either way. Good for him. Wish him the best!
detroittitans
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:32 am

Gotta think that Nick was insurance and to put pressure on Tristan Thompson. Once Thompson re-signed, Nick was out of the picture.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Thelurker » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Nick is one of 16 players on the pre-season roster for Canton. That number will shrink down to 10 on November 12th when the final roster is chosen. I hope Nick makes it and plays hard in hopes of the 10-day pro contract call-up with the Cavs...
I'm the Dude man, just call me the Dude...
Thelurker
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:29 am

who's canton lurk? more info please? are they a development league team?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:45 am

Wouldn't Nick be better off going back to Europe or China and making some money. He only has about 6 yrs.to build his nest egg and for the second year in a row he did well only to have the GM's use him as a means to try to convince themselves and their owners that some of their poor prior decisions are correct. Kinda looks like what Raymac2 went through in Sac. with their first round draft pick, who never should have been a first rounder. I wish Nick the best for his future and I hope he is a little selfish with his decision and doesn't allow himself to be a pawn.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:58 pm

my thoughts exactly up. thinking perhaps he's had some assurances this was a good career move for him?
titanmac
Senior

Postby Thelurker » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:33 pm

titanmac wrote:who's canton lurk? more info please? are they a development league team?

Mac, The Canton Charge is a D League minor league basketball team based in Canton, Ohio. The Charge's NBA affiliate is the Cleveland Cavaliers, which also owns the team. Nick is on the pre-season roster. My guess is that he is really wants to have a shot at getting called up and feels as if he's close. Financially, it's not much of a risk as long as he gets a 10-day contract since the D Leauge salary ($25k) combined the 10-day contract salary ($53k) is fairly close to the salary of a player playing overseas. The upside is that if the 10-day contract gets extended, then Nick can hit the Jackpot of the roughly 500k minimum salary. I have a feeling it's all going to work out for Nick.
I'm the Dude man, just call me the Dude...
Thelurker
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:29 am

I expect that a player who distinguished himself overseas in the past couple of seasons would bring in some pretty good coin, better than the DL salary.

But I also expect that Nick and his agent talked and it's not unlikely that the Cavs encouraged Nick to stay local. Throw in that his new bride is still in Detroit and he has a couple of good reasons to stay in Ohio.
NC Titan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:56 am

NC Titan wrote:I expect that a player who distinguished himself overseas in the past couple of seasons would bring in some pretty good coin, better than the DL salary.

But I also expect that Nick and his agent talked and it's not unlikely that the Cavs encouraged Nick to stay local. Throw in that his new bride is still in Detroit and he has a couple of good reasons to stay in Ohio.

+1 I was thinking the same thing. I didn't know his wife was still here but he had to be making more than D League and a call up he probably would need a roster spot in order to make about the same considering all the extras.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Lera Kulikovskaya Minnerath is currently on the Women's Tennis Team roster and played as recently as two weeks ago:

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (10/24/15) – Senior Valeryia Kulikovskaya earned two hard-fought victories in the ITA Midwest Regional Qualifier round to highlight the University of Detroit Mercy women's tennis team's matches in Ann Arbor on Thursday.

From her roster bio:

Personal: Married former Detroit men’s basketball standout Nick Minnerath ... in January of 2015... A Pre-Law major.
NC Titan
Senior

Postby bballing » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:34 pm

Canton charge Twitter posted interview with Nick after inner team game. It appears the Charge follow in the steps of Cleveland Cavs.....like their inner squad scrimmage at the Q. Guess The game is 3 quarters long.... Like Cavs. Nick scored 31 points to lead all scorers. Sounds like an excellent way to begin new season. Wish the young man all the best.
Look forward to the games this year with men and women Titans!! Got the feeling gonna be a good year for them.
bballing
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:43 am

Nick double double 17/10 with his opening game in NBA D league against Maine. Team lost but good match! They have an extremely fast and athletic team. They have starting duke guard and Detriot's own Dominic Pointer and human highlight DJ Stephens. Looks to be fun team to watch.
jucofan1
Senior

Postby DPistons » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:47 am

Nick Minnerath had 13 points and 9 rebounds in D league win last night with Cavaliers team Canton Charge. Nick averaging 16 and 8 I first 4 games as a starter. Go Titans.
DPistons
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball