Everything Nick Minnerath

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Everything Nick Minnerath

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:28 am

Nick came off of the bench Monday night and in 33 min. he scored 30 pts. on 10-15 from the field and 8-9 fts. With 9 rbs.. I hope they are grooming him to be an instant offense type guy " Minerath the Microwave". Just hoping!!
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:44 pm

Nick Minnerath continues to have a great year Witgh the Canton Charge as an affiliate player of the Cavs. What ever that really means anyway expect they own Nick till season over. The Charge are in the playoffs starting next week with only game left in regular season in Canada tonight. For minutes played per game Minnerath in now 5th in scoring, 4th in efficiency and 8 in rebounding! Damn, that good for a Juco player who never played High School basketball! That D League never stops surprising me how much talent there is in that League. Sure hopes Nick gets his chance in the League. This year will pay dividends for him next year no matter what! Good for Nick!
jucofan1
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:17 am

Although I love watching Nick the few times they put Canton on TV, don't ever equate the scoring in the D-League with the NBA. There is no defensive scheme in the D-League. It is much like watching either an All-Star game or watching a rerun of the ABA. Everyone stands around on defense and watches people drive to the hoop or lets sharpshooters like Nick set up and drain 3s without a hand in their face. With that being said, I mark my calendar every time Canton plays on Western Michigan cable channels. Nick is one of my all time favorite Titans. From a Indiana guy who saw his first college basketball game as a freshman at U of D and who has been a Titan fan for over 50 years, that is saying a lot.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:49 am

Nick has another good evening and Charge win first playoff game. Nick scores 25 in 30 min. off of the bench 10 rebounds for a double - double and 4 assists..
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby DPistons » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:55 am

Yes I watched game. Minnerath won game for them except Cook made final game winner layup. Nick had 14 pts in 4th quarter alone. Nick playing like a beast out her. Sure hope he gets his chance in NBA. He deserves is.
DPistons
Senior

Postby udballer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:27 am

It is a real head scratcher that he hasn't gotten even a 10-day contract at some point this season. To do what he's been doing with his minutes as consistently as he has is pretty incredible.
udballer
Senior

Postby detroittitans » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:47 pm

There is a ton of NBA talent in the D League. Nick is right there with the best of them. This year almost exclusively the call ups have been guards, mostly shooting guards. I do think Nick best stretch 4 in league without a doubt. Now the need to be needed!! In any case he be making some nice cash next year!
detroittitans
Senior

Postby olderman » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Nick is one of my all time favorite players (in my relatively short time following Titans last 7 years). His canton charge of the cavaliers team won the first round of the play offs. Just the best of 3 series. Nick averaging 24.5 pts and 8.5 rebounds and 2 assist so far in the play offs. His highlight clips with his team are numerous ( must be +40 ) of them. His game has changed. He my far most dynamic player, never stops moving and attacts the basket furiously. Still jumps through the roof and has soft touch from the NBA 3 point line. Surprised he has not been called for at least a 10 day. My guess if his coach would have played him an addional 5 minutes he would have. He still has great chance to make NBA team before next season. Hopefully Titans new generation of coaches coming in can attract the likes of Nick, Ray.....
olderman
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:08 am

I like the name of this webiste:
Nick Minnerath Wins RidiculousUpside.com 2015-16 NBA D-League Sixth Man Award
As such, players who come off the bench for D-League teams arguably give an even better glimpse of the type of player they can be at the next level, simply because they're already playing a similar role. The most successful players in such roles should be recognized. With that in mind, we here at RidiculousUpside.com have you covered.

It just so happens that this season's best reserve provided one the league's best teams with a quality boost on a nightly basis. One could even argue that Nick Minnerath's contributions alone were a big factor in the Canton Charge's successful 31-19 campaign. Was he their best player this season? One could even make that argument relatively easily as well.

But alas, Minnerath came off the bench in all but ten of his 49 appearances. He scored 20 or more points on nineteen different occasions, and poured in 30 or more four times. All season long, Minnerath proved to be quite the scoring machine. Still, he's far more than your average one-dimensional player.

Though he can make it rain from long range much like fellow D-League alum Steve Novak, Minnerath's physicality, assertiveness, toughness, and rebounding ability all rival that of Chris Andersen's. Combine the the special attributes from each player, roll them into one athletic and imposing specimen, and out comes out an ever unique product named Nick Minnerath.

At 26 years old, Minnerath spent the previous two seasons overseas before proving his worth with Canton. But now that he's done so, an NBA future isn't completely out of the question.

But for his efforts most recently, Minnerath has clearly done enough to earn himself RidiculousUpside.com's first annual Sixth Man of the Year award for the 2015-16 NBADL campaign. He averaged 18.5 points, 6.9 rebounds, and shot 51% from the field, 40% from deep, and 89% from the charity stripe. That's ever so close to the oh so coveted 50/40/90 mark; a job well done.

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2016/4/ ... -man-award
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby uofdmik2008 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:54 am

I hope a team picks him up, his hustle would be a big boost to any team!
Mik

University of Detroit Mercy alum 08 and 09
uofdmik2008
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:22 pm

Nick was ranked as the 21st best D-League Prospect on the NBA D-League Prospect Watch. Let's hope that turns into a contract for 2016-17 http://dleague.nba.com/prospect-watch/
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby udm_2015 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:39 pm

That prospect list terrible all year. Nick much higher than that. He was just voted to 2nd team all NBA D league! This voted by 19 head coaches in league. Tells you what kind of season Nick had! Big congrats to Big Nick! Best stretch 4 bar none in league. I believe he has good solid chance to be picked up durin free agency. Sometime by middle of August, else he will be making money overseas. I doubt he wants to get that d league salary again.
He has had ton of videos this year by the nbdl league. One out yesterday of years highlights. I can't seem to post it for some reason? Maybe someone else can?
Way to make Titan Nation Proud Nick!
udm_2015
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:08 pm

pulling for him. think all he needs is a break.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby DPistons » Tue May 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Nick Minnerath real close to that next step. Detroit Titans Twitter has post up that gives you chance to vote for Nick as top play in league this year. Competing against 3 others. Go vote for Nick! Canton Charge Facebook has it up to vote to. Spread the Titan word!
Go Titans Go Bacari!! Welcome Home!
DPistons
Senior

Postby titanmac » Mon May 09, 2016 1:24 pm

nick named to second team all d league. identifies him as a cav's "affiliate" whatever that means? anyways here's a link to some good highlights:

http://canton.dleague.nba.com/news/char ... ue-honors/

nuthin much else to do.....
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Mon May 09, 2016 4:58 pm

NBA Training Camp Allocations: Up to three players released from the roster of an NBA team before the D-League Draft can be allocated to that team's D-League affiliate provided they sign the standard D-League contract. They are known as “affiliate players.”
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby retspooh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:40 am

retspooh
Senior

Postby titanmac » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:46 am

cool! go nick. just do it!
titanmac
Senior

Postby DPistons » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Pistons be smart to pick up Minnerath. They need a back up stretch 4 next year. Alex Kennedy said worked out foe Clippers mini camp already. Headed to Dallas for another in June. Heard from student who seems knowledgable that Nick had camp try outs from many NBA teams. Getting lot of interest. Wonder who he play with in Vegas summer league?
DPistons
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:42 pm

Some NPR love for Nick. Nice story. http://www.npr.org/2016/06/10/479172397 ... ium=social
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball