Everything Nick Minnerath

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Everything Nick Minnerath

Postby StJoeUofD » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Unfortunately for Nick, you have to be better than Kevin Love.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:24 pm

or maybe Lebron James --- lol
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby DPistons » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Unfortunately the cavaliers are short a point guard after the trades. Though any team can call up any players so still plenty of chances. Either way after the season, here or overseas, next year Nick be making some good money. Heard he turned down a few buy outs earlier in year already. Saw his old juco coach posted he only 50/40/90 player in league. That's averaging 17.5 pts and 6.5 rebounds in 29 minutes of play. Shooting 50% FG 41% 3 PT 92% FT. Nick did not win the 3 point contest in Toronto but he did well and looked smooth.
Proud he a Titan! Good luck Nick, keep following that dream!
DPistons
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:58 am

that's any team in the nba right? doesn't have to be Cleveland even tho they own that team?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:46 am

That is a good question. I think, however, that he is under contract with Akron and they are owned by the Cavs. It would be my guess that the Cavs would have the final say-so on Nick. I found the following page on the D League website that tells how they get their rosters. http://dleague.nba.com/how-rosters-are-built/ It was actually very interesting just wondering around the D League website learning more about the whole system.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby collegehoopsfan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:48 pm

DPistons is correct. The d league allows any team to call up players. Even though Nick is an affiliate player of Cavaliers team the Canton Charge he can be called up by any team. Unfortunately it seems this year it has slowed with call ups from the d league and seems 95% are guards! Minnerath is a great all around shooter so his chances compared to other forwards is good.
Titans coming together good. Your team seems to always have talent but lacks something on the coaching end. This from viewing at distance however. Good luck to you!
collegehoopsfan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:11 am

Nick had another great game with 21 puts. and 10 boards in 23 min.. He played the entire 4th quarter after Canton had lost the lead in the third. Canton has now won 11 in a row.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby titanfrank1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:13 pm

I saw nice article but I don't know how to post those things? Maybe someone could for me. It on site called ridiculous upside, I got off Nicks Twitter. Talks about him trying to carve his way in the NBA. Mac ....you will find it interesting. Thanks.
I still follow a few past Titans. Ray hit gold with Spurs! Good for him!
Difficult year again for Titans. They always have the talent but come up short! Wish those kids the best!
titanfrank1
Sophmore

Postby NC Titan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:49 pm

#DetroitsCollegeTeam
NC Titan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:41 am

Nick gets 29pts. on 10-13 shooting with 5 rbs. in 35 min.. Canton now has 12 wins in a row.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:46 pm

Big honor for Nick Minnerath named performer of week for the NBA d league today. Go to the canton charge Facebook and read story. He on the edge of NBA now. Happy for Nick!
jucofan1
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:39 am

Another nice game for Nick. He didn't start but played 28 min. played tough D got 5 fouls, scored 18 pts. With 4 defensive rebounds.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:13 am

Nick starting to show his versatility by playing inside a little more. Everyone knows he has a great shot. At 6'9" he shoots the technicals for Canton when he is on the floor. Last night he had 17 points and 15 rebounds in 33 min. off of the bench in a Canton win.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Yes Nick having great year in NBA d league. Plays much bigger than his size. Has become an excellent defender as well. Will be interesting to see where this year takes him! Imagine we will see him in NBA summer league again if not in s team in NBA or euro league type team.
jucofan1
Senior

Postby collegehoopsfan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:00 am

Nick Minnerath's Canton Charge locked in play offs. His last win scored 26. Just read averaging 20.7 pts and 7.2 rebounds in last 12 games. Season so far 40 games at 18.1 and 6.7 with great %'s. Minnerath can ball!

So can Wichita shockers!! Damn!!
collegehoopsfan
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:58 pm

My guess is Minnerath as close as he has been to NBA, I'd expect this year he breaking through! Last night he had 35 pts against number 1 team. Minnerath's team 2nd best right now. Shot 14 of 17 with 5/5 from the 3 line. Best big man shooter in league. Right now after 44 games Nick averaging 18.4 pts, 6.8 rebounds. 51.% shooting, 89.7 FT, and 39.4 from 3. Boy represent your university well! If he don't make NBA he gonna get nice big raise overseas!
jucofan1
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:01 pm

you look at all these teams struggling to make the playoffs. hard to believe there's noone willing to give him a ten day contract. take a look. hell. the Pistons could use him. especially if he'll play a little defense.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:34 pm

To even play one game in the NBA would be so cool. Here's hopin' for Nick.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby DPistons » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:44 am

Minnerath is there. Last night a coach who follows him told me he is 5th in league in scoring per minutes and along with being 5th in effeciency. Also 7th in rebounding per minutes. This in all NBA d league. That league has lots of top talent. He explained almost all call ups are guards, but expects Minnerath will take the step to NBA before long. He averaging 18.4 pts 6.8 rebounds in 29 minutes. Shooting 51%/39.5/89.1%. The Canton Charge already secured play off spot. Very good team and defensive minded coach. I've always liked Nick and thought he and Ray would both be in NBA. I've watch a few games but watched his many highlight clips in NBA d league. Was a positive break from some of Titan games this year.
DPistons
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:10 pm

I got to watch Nick and Canton Charge on cable over the weekend. http://canton.dleague.nba.com/news/char ... ord-night/ It was quite an offense game. Nick scored 22 with 7 rebounds coming off the bench. A guard named Russ Smith scored 65 for Delaware, but Canton scored 140 in response. Nick was shooting well from inside and out. I thought I was back in the 1970s watching the ABA with the quality defensive stands by both teams. There was never a 3 point shot, layup or dunk that wasn't properly watched by the defense team on both sides.

Why they have Nick coming off the bench is a mystery, but since this is primarily a player development league, it may be dictated by the Cavaliers. His shooting stroke is still a beauty to behold. He seems very relaxed with the team and I hope it proves to be a good move for his career. It certainly was fun to watch him again.
StJoeUofD
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball