Past players update

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Past players update

Postby jucofan1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Probably already know thus but Eli Holman (like Nick Minnerath) was again unable to break that door down to enter the NBA. Played in summer league with Heat and Rapters. Not lots of minutes but did ok. He just signed with team in China (Zhejiang Guangsha). China pays big money so he us doing well overseas. Israel, Turkey, now China. All areas where they look for Bigs from U.S.A.
Doug Anderson recently lost Dunk contest with Cityslam in D.C. Sure wish Doug would have worked on his game besides dunking. Had the ability to play and at least make a living playing the game somewhere in the world. If he wants to really play the game he better get going, the competition just gets tougher every year and it is hard to come back after not playing competitively for a year.
I don't know much about LeMarcus Lowe but understand he has had medical problems the last year. I wish him well. I did not know him but have spoken to him in the past after Titan games and he seemed to be so genuine with his words. Came across as such a kind young man. Does anyone have any updates on LeMarcus?

On a brighter side you guys are going to have a hell of a team these next 2 years!
jucofan1
Senior

Re: Past players update

Postby JimmyChitwood » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Here's where all recent former players have played or are playing. This site seems to be updated fairly often. Click on the "Former Player" tab:

http://basketball.usbasket.com/team/USA ... p=team=766
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby hyperion » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Slightly off this topic but somewhat related: Does anyone know what happened to John Hoskins?
Let’s return to our former glory. Go Titans!
hyperion
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:53 pm

He went to DII Valdosta State. Played in a handful of games in the 2012-2013 season. Averaged 5 or 6 points. He did not play last year. I do not know if his eligibility was up or not. While it looked like he had some ability here (not that we saw him much), he just seemed lost out on the court.

When you play for your DI-schollie-seeking-dad at a very small high school against inferior competition you can put up some pretty good numbers, but may not be the best prep for collage ball.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:31 pm

As I recall, Chit, Hoskins seemed to prefer launching shots from far out in warmups the year he "played" rather than working on post moves. He was a transitional recruit and not a good one, I'm afraid we must admit.
dennycrane
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:51 pm

dennycrane wrote:As I recall, Chit, Hoskins seemed to prefer launching shots from far out in warmups the year he "played" rather than working on post moves. He was a transitional recruit and not a good one, I'm afraid we must admit.

Hoskins was a good athlete who had a lot of upside. The problem was that his talent didn't match his ego.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby TJMIKTITAN » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:11 am

jucofan1 wrote:Probably already know thus but Eli Holman (like Nick Minnerath) was again unable to break that door down to enter the NBA. Played in summer league with Heat and Rapters. Not lots of minutes but did ok. He just signed with team in China (Zhejiang Guangsha). China pays big money so he us doing well overseas. Israel, Turkey, now China. All areas where they look for Bigs from U.S.A.
Doug Anderson recently lost Dunk contest with Cityslam in D.C. Sure wish Doug would have worked on his game besides dunking. Had the ability to play and at least make a living playing the game somewhere in the world. If he wants to really play the game he better get going, the competition just gets tougher every year and it is hard to come back after not playing competitively for a year.
I don't know much about LeMarcus Lowe but understand he has had medical problems the last year. I wish him well. I did not know him but have spoken to him in the past after Titan games and he seemed to be so genuine with his words. Came across as such a kind young man. Does anyone have any updates on LeMarcus?

On a brighter side you guys are going to have a hell of a team these next 2 years!

A new article about Eli.

http://wchbnewsdetroit.newsone.com/3117102/former-detroit-mercy-star-eli-holman-signs-with-the-zhejiang-lions-in-china/.VApY4Q_3BiA.twitter
Don't tell me how you want "Great Things" - Show me by doing some "Great Things"
TJMIKTITAN
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Titan Andrew » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:54 am

Commissioner wrote:LaMarcus Lowe talks to the Titans: https://mobile.twitter.com/coachjaysmit ... 52/photo/1

I guess that it is good news that he's welcomed back despite talking to the Freep last spring...
Titan Andrew
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:41 pm

LaMarcus did nothing wrong. I for one am glad he had the courage to speak up. Glad he still cares about the team and came back.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby jucofan1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:52 pm

A big plus 1 on that. Respect any player who speaks up on what he believes! In addition LeMarcus has been dealing with serious medical conditions ( I have been told ) and I follow his twitter occasionally. I am happy for him and the team that he is still associated with the Titans.
jucofan1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:02 pm

I actually talked with LaMarcus Lowe for a few minutes sometime last season at Calihan Hall. He seems to be a great guy. Truly hoping and praying that his health will improve.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby TJMIKTITAN » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:04 am

Here's one for you guys - ex Titan Evan Bruinsma is playing Australian football or at least trying to:

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/americans-coming-to-take-nic-naitanuis-record-at-draft-combine-20140929-10nor2.html
Don't tell me how you want "Great Things" - Show me by doing some "Great Things"
TJMIKTITAN
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:52 pm

TJMIKTITAN wrote:Here's one for you guys - ex Titan Evan Bruinsma is playing Australian football or at least trying to:

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/americans-coming-to-take-nic-naitanuis-record-at-draft-combine-20140929-10nor2.html

Did Evan make the team?
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby DPistons » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:31 am

Sounds like Jason Calliste is headed to Maine Red Claws of the NBA developmental league. They work with Boston Celtics.
Surprised he did not get picked up in Europe on at least a lower level team. D- league pays nothing and unless you have a true chance for the NBA it does not seem a very good deal. But better than nothing and I guess you never know.

Best of luck Jason!

Maybe Doug Anderson will try the developmental league again and see if he can make a roster. Doesn't play somewhere soon it will be more and more difficult to pick up anything.
DPistons
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:12 pm

DPistons wrote:Sounds like Jason Calliste is headed to Maine Red Claws of the NBA developmental league. They work with Boston Celtics.

I wonder if Brad Stevens had anything to do with that?
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:20 pm

NC Titan wrote:
DPistons wrote:Sounds like Jason Calliste is headed to Maine Red Claws of the NBA developmental league. They work with Boston Celtics.

Seems like he would be more on the lookout for ex-Bulldogs than an ex-Titan.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:29 pm

Motor City Sam wrote:
NC Titan wrote:

Seems like he would be more on the lookout for ex-Bulldogs than an ex-Titan.

Stevens is a Celtic now. He'll be looking out for someone who might be able to help Boston, and if he thinks Jason has the skills ....
Last edited by NC Titan on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:31 pm

I wonder if Brad Stevens had anything to do with that?[/quote]

Seems like he would be more on the lookout for ex-Bulldogs than an ex-Titan.[/quote]

Stevens would know that Calliste was the best defender and would respect Calliste for his toughness and court awareness.[/quote]
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Respectfully, I think you guys might be giving Jason Calliste and Brad Stevens more credit than they've got coming. I think it's a stretch to think that Stevens is even paying much attention to the DL team's roster, and if he was, would he even remember that much about Calliste, a player he last saw twice in the 2011-12 season? He's seen a lot of college and pro players since then.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Next

Return to Men's Basketball