Stay Tuned

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Stay Tuned

Postby titanmike » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Just sayin...........
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby Commissioner » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:41 pm

titanmike wrote:Just sayin...........

Uh oh, did I just speak too soon in other thread?
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior
 
Posts: 4703
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby titanmike » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:52 pm

hmmm I don't know, did you?
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby Thelurker » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:51 pm

titanmike wrote:Just sayin...........


Why all the drama TMike?? Totally bogus situation man. If you had any insight into this program, you would know that coach Ray is not going anywhere. Give it a rest please.
I'm the Dude man, just call me the Dude...
Thelurker
Senior
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby titanmike » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Lurker, thanks for that
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby MooseGuy1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Everyone has sources, Mike maybe more so than others. Keeping an open mind.
MooseGuy1
Senior
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby bctitans1987 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Lurker - I hope Ray goes. If not, expect another 6th, 7th...or last place finish.

I will put up $100 to anyone that wants to bet that Ray will EVER win the conference regular season. Takers? If it were to happen (which is zero percent) payment on that debt will be far less than I will spend on season tickets and a TC pass. And, I won't step foot in Calihan to watch the Titans if he is the coach next year. You can take that to the bank.

If Ray had Villanova's team, he wouldn't win! Why in the hell would anyone want this guy to coach their team?
bctitans1987
Senior
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby upbasketballfan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:46 pm

bctitans1987 wrote:Lurker - I hope Ray goes. If not, expect another 6th, 7th...or last place finish.

I will put up $100 to anyone that wants to bet that Ray will EVER win the conference regular season. Takers? If it were to happen (which is zero percent) payment on that debt will be far less than I will spend on season tickets and a TC pass. And, I won't step foot in Calihan to watch the Titans if he is the coach next year. You can take that to the bank.

If Ray had Villanova's team, he wouldn't win! Why in the hell would anyone want this guy to coach their team?


bc we might have more talent than Villanova but they have better fans and a much better alumni and student body. With what Ray has to work with down there he does a phenomenal job. I'm wondering if we have ever met in the last 47 years that I have been attending your alma maters games. Do you have good seats?
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby titanmike » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:33 am

upbasketballfan wrote:
bctitans1987 wrote:Lurker - I hope Ray goes. If not, expect another 6th, 7th...or last place finish.

I will put up $100 to anyone that wants to bet that Ray will EVER win the conference regular season. Takers? If it were to happen (which is zero percent) payment on that debt will be far less than I will spend on season tickets and a TC pass. And, I won't step foot in Calihan to watch the Titans if he is the coach next year. You can take that to the bank.

If Ray had Villanova's team, he wouldn't win! Why in the hell would anyone want this guy to coach their team?


bc we might have more talent than Villanova but they have better fans and a much better alumni and student body. With what Ray has to work with down there he does a phenomenal job. I'm wondering if we have ever met in the last 47 years that I have been attending your alma maters games. Do you have good seats?


UP, most seats in Calihan are good seats :D

I do want to address the elephant in the room so to speak. Some of you are mad that I put this teaser out here. I don't fancy myself as a journalist or anything close. I do however have an obligation to a fan base to provide them with information. Sometimes the information is very limited because of a variety of reasons. That might include, protecting sources, protecting myself, protecting the people involved. I do that out of respect for them. Yes I could say nothing at all, but then all of you would have nothing to bitch and moan about. You would have nothing to be excited about. If my source turns out to have wrong information than I guess both that person and myself look a bit of a fool, but I would gladly take that if it means people care in some way , good or bad about this program.

All of this talk about when it can be done or if its too late to be done etc etc, in my opinion is simply not relevant. From an HR perspective , ones timeline is determined by a variety of reasons some within the scope of control and some not.

Hopefully some type of announcement will be made which will clarify it all for us soon.

Whether Ray stays or go's, I am proud that we had him as our coach and had the opportunity to have his son play for us as well as some other talented players.
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby Titan Andrew » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 am

titanmike wrote:Whether Ray stays or go's, I am proud that we had him as our coach and had the opportunity to have his son play for us as well as some other talented players.


+1
Titan Andrew
Senior
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:51 am

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby baseball59 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:46 am

at this point I don't care what the decision is with respect to coach but vowels does know what the decision if coach ray is staying or leaving is so just make an announcement one way or another.if vowels does not know by this time he should not be the ad.
baseball59
Senior
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 9:03 am

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby JimmyChitwood » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:03 am

titanmike wrote:I do however have an obligation to a fan base to provide them with information. Sometimes the information is very limited because of a variety of reasons.

But you do realize that saying "Stay tuned. Just saying" provides absolutely no information at all, but only leads to speculation and frustration? I suggest either posting at least a little information or not post "I may know something but cannot say ANYTHING about it. I just want everyone to know that I MAY know something." And you know I love you tm.
JimmyChitwood
Senior
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby titanmike » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:09 am

JimmyChitwood wrote:
titanmike wrote:I do however have an obligation to a fan base to provide them with information. Sometimes the information is very limited because of a variety of reasons.

But you do realize that saying "Stay tuned. Just saying" provides absolutely no information at all, but only leads to speculation and frustration? I suggest either posting at least a little information or not post "I may know something but cannot say ANYTHING about it. I just want everyone to know that I MAY know something." And you know I love you tm.


Listen, I am as frustrated about it as you. I believe that what I said in the context of the discussion we all have been having suggests exactly what you said. I may know something but cannot say anything specific about it as nothing has been confirmed.
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby HSScout1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:03 am

Maybe it's just as simple as a contract expiring (for example on April 1st) and not being renewed. Nothing would be announced prior to that date since no one is actually being fired.
HSScout1
Senior
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby Rongrad1962 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:56 am

I have been following Titan Basketball for more than 50 years and am disappointed by current the lack of support of the BB program, which has reached its peak this year. I remember when there were crowds of 6,000 - 9.000 and the basketball banquet was regularly attended by 300 - 400. In fact, I was the chair of the BB banquet one of the years when Vitale was here and we packed the Renaissance Ballroom in the Ren Cen. It was the first year it opened and we filled the main ballroom with probably 500 in attendance. I mention this because I had read on this site where some asked what was the turnout for the banquets in previous years. I looked at a picture online of this year's turnout and was shocked at meager turnout. I have been out of town on vacation and was unable to attend.

In previous years, our fans were jubilant and supportive of the team, the Coach and administration. All that is disapated over the past few years. Coach Ray is a class act and deserves better!!!!!
Rongrad1962
Freshman
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:30 am

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:01 am

Rongrad1962 wrote:I have been following Titan Basketball for more than 50 years and am disappointed by current the lack of support of the BB program, which has reached its peak this year. I remember when there were crowds of 6,000 - 9.000 and the basketball banquet was regularly attended by 300 - 400. In fact, I was the chair of the BB banquet one of the years when Vitale was here and we packed the Renaissance Ballroom in the Ren Cen. It was the first year it opened and we filled the main ballroom with probably 500 in attendance. I mention this because I had read on this site where some asked what was the turnout for the banquets in previous years. I looked at a picture online of this year's turnout and was shocked at meager turnout. I have been out of town on vacation and was unable to attend.

In previous years, our fans were jubilant and supportive of the team, the Coach and administration. All that is disapated over the past few years. Coach Ray is a class act and deserves better!!!!!


+ 1. Rg62 I'm up here hunting Coyotes and some of this kind of reminds me of Coyote behavior.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby udballer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:31 am

Rongrad1962 wrote: Coach Ray is a class act and deserves better!!!!!


I agree with the vast majority of what you said. I also believe that the UDM basketball program deserves better in terms of turnout at games and events like the luncheon(s). However, support should be garnered for the program... not specifically the coach of the program.

After all, I believe myself to be a class act as well. That said, I don't feel that I should be coaching the Titans in 2016/17. I believe the same about Ray.
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby titanmike » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:47 am

Today is a day of mixed messages from sources.
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby JimmyChitwood » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:07 pm

titanmike wrote:Today is a day of mixed messages from sources.

So you are saying something may or may not happen. I bet you are right.

I'd like to hear what Ron, with all his experience, knowledge, and love of Titan athletics, believes the reasons are for the lack of support beyond the obvious reasons. I'd like to see Ron as a consultant to Mr. Vowels. Maybe a group of alumni from different generations get together to discuss the program with the athletic department staff.
JimmyChitwood
Senior
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Stay Tuned

Postby bctitans1987 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:25 pm

Ron - I think Ray is a great guy. So are a lot of coaches. Billy Donlon at Wright State just got fired, as did Darryl Dawkins at Stanford. Both had great records and by all accounts are good guys. I would take either of them over Ray. Why? Because they know how to build a program and win. Ray hasn't won! Period! He won't win next year, or the year after. I don't understand why people are supporting mediocrity (at best and flat-out failure at worst). I will keep my pledge: Ray stays, I go. The University keeps making stupid decisions, but that doesn't mean I have to follow like a sheep.

If I want losing, I can start cheering for the Lions...
bctitans1987
Senior
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Next

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests