assistant coaches

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: assistant coaches

Postby ptctitan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Any opinion expressed on that Twitter feed depends upon which person is posting under the handle Coaching Changes. This is obviously the person who advocated that we hire Ernie Zeigler because he has Michigan connections. Even though Ernie hardly recruited anyone from Michigan to play at Central MI when he was the head coach there. Also, this person did not bother to check Rod Strickland's Twitter feed on which he denied that he has been offered or has accepted an assistant's job here. Finally, I suppose that this person did not bother to remember that Dildy was a Davis assistant at UAB.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Titans03 wrote:CoachingChanges has long been a stickler for having local ties on a coaching staff.

Not true. It depends upon which person is tweeting under that handle. Several different people have authority to tweet under that feed.

The funniest part was the argument that Coaching Changes had with Coaching Changes about the fact the new FIU head coach was not a local guy. And, then, there is the other Coaching Changes Tweet about the fact that Coach Davis here will likely get 2/3's of his roster from outside Michigan and win the HL.

Sometimes, those guys are more disaggregated than Sally Field's portrayal of Sybil.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Titans03 wrote:CoachingChanges has long been a stickler for having local ties on a coaching staff.

As usual the person posting on CoachingChanges shows his stupidity. Strickland's connections are as much NY City as Chicago. So we have connections in NY,Chicago,Texas,Indiana, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. Looks like connections in 5 of the 8 most fertile basketball areas in the country. Looks like sheer genius to me. If this staff does come to fruition Davis just might turn this program to success a lot sooner than I anticipated.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Yes, but because they never seem to know what they're talking about, who cares?
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:04 pm

Commissioner wrote:

Was just sharing, because I remember reading many tweets from their handle about other schools having local ties. But I apologize.
Titans03
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Titans03 - no need for an apology. Thanks for sharing. Always like to read all opinions. The coaching search here permitted us to learn a lot about the Coaching Changes handle. That's all.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:25 pm

ptctitan wrote:Sometimes, those guys are more disaggregated than Sally Field's portrayal of Sybil.

Nice historical reference, PCT.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Titans03 wrote:
Commissioner wrote:

Was just sharing, because I remember reading many tweets from their handle about other schools having local ties. But I apologize.

No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as nasty. I'm just not too impressed with Coaching Changes. My beef isn't with you. Sorry that I sounded that way. My bad.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:41 pm

All good commish!
Titans03
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 pm

The men's BB twitter tweets at about 6 pm:

"4 members of the staff are IN THE D and already rolling!! #EnjoyTheProcess #DetroitTuff #DetroitsCollegeTeam"
ptctitan
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:02 pm

ptctitan wrote:The men's BB twitter tweets at about 6 pm:

"4 members of the staff are IN THE D and already rolling!! #EnjoyTheProcess #DetroitTuff #DetroitsCollegeTeam"

UDM has a very strange public relations department. Why not have a press conference or a formal press release?
R.B.J1
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball