assistant coaches

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: assistant coaches

Postby HSScout1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:58 am

TitanTarHeel wrote:Hmm, I'm waiting just a little bit longer before I upgrade my status to 'concerned' regarding the lack of a full staff at this point.


I would call myself more Impatient or aggravated rather than concerned over the lack of naming a coaching staff. At this point, I'm sure they know who the assistant coaches and DOBO are, but just haven't made the information public. However, since the 1st of 2 High School camps is on 6/15, I'd expect an announcement prior to then - in fact, something in the next day or two is more likely...
HSScout1
Senior
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby titanmac » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:10 am

the next roundball luncheon is on the 15th. i wouldn't expect anything before that?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby Tacitus651 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:29 am

Kampe wanted to interview for one of the assistant roles (it would be a pay raise) but he doesn't own a suit and tie.
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2601
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby udballer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:31 am

titanmac wrote:the next roundball luncheon is on the 15th. i wouldn't expect anything before that?


It appears that both the first camp and the roundball luncheon are on the same day (6/15)? Maybe BA is plotting to randomly ask some of the attendees of the luncheon to be assistant coaches? :D
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby upbasketballfan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:30 am

Tacitus651 wrote:Kampe wanted to interview for one of the assistant roles (it would be a pay raise) but he doesn't own a suit and tie.


He can't afford a suit and tie! There isn't any money left to pay him a better salary after their administrators spend our tax dollars on their Fla. golf junkets. I pay an awfull lot of taxes and am asking the State of Michigan to make sure none of my $'s go to OU. from this point on. We already pay more taxes in the UP than are ever returned to us. I myself am already an advocate of the Upper Peninsula not being a part of Michigan.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1705
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby titanmac » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:46 am

whatrwe gonna call the new state yooper? i'm in!

in all fairness however, the property tax system rips off the second home owner from down below. we end up paying the vast majority of your school taxes.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby upbasketballfan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:08 am

titanmac wrote:whatrwe gonna call the new state yooper? i'm in!

in all fairness however, the property tax system rips off the second home owner from down below. we end up paying the vast majority of your school taxes.


Not true Mac! The taxes collected in the UP far outweigh the $'s the state has returned over the last 37 years and the imbalance is increasing not decreasing. The entire state votes on our Wolf problems and Deer harvesting, with absolutely no idea as to the real issues. Our tax dollars go to help the Illich's build new buildings for their sports teams yet most of my friends and neighbors will never see the city of Detroit. The Red Wings, Lions and Tigers are not real high on the buckets lists up here.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1705
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby TitanTarHeel » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:19 am

upbasketballfan wrote:
titanmac wrote:whatrwe gonna call the new state yooper? i'm in!

in all fairness however, the property tax system rips off the second home owner from down below. we end up paying the vast majority of your school taxes.


Not true Mac! The taxes collected in the UP far outweigh the $'s the state has returned over the last 37 years and the imbalance is increasing not decreasing. The entire state votes on our Wolf problems and Deer harvesting, with absolutely no idea as to the real issues. Our tax dollars go to help the Illich's build new buildings for their sports teams yet most of my friends and neighbors will never see the city of Detroit. The Red Wings, Lions and Tigers are not real high on the buckets lists up here.


Riveting state property tax discussion amongst discussion on potential Assistant Coaches. Move along gents to appropriate forum or off line...
TitanTarHeel
Senior
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby titanmac » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 am

just talking property taxes yooper. the locals raise them most every election because they know theirs aren't going up much since valuations are fixed. fudgies however see ridiculous increases in valuations along with no opportunity to vote. my property valuation increased every year during the late tens and early teens even as my valuaitons in metro detroit plummetted. seriously?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby udballer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:59 am

TitanTarHeel wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:
titanmac wrote:whatrwe gonna call the new state yooper? i'm in!

in all fairness however, the property tax system rips off the second home owner from down below. we end up paying the vast majority of your school taxes.


Not true Mac! The taxes collected in the UP far outweigh the $'s the state has returned over the last 37 years and the imbalance is increasing not decreasing. The entire state votes on our Wolf problems and Deer harvesting, with absolutely no idea as to the real issues. Our tax dollars go to help the Illich's build new buildings for their sports teams yet most of my friends and neighbors will never see the city of Detroit. The Red Wings, Lions and Tigers are not real high on the buckets lists up here.


Riveting state property tax discussion amongst discussion on potential Assistant Coaches. Move along gents to appropriate forum or off line...


I'm not sure you fully comprehend the travesty that was extending the wolf vote to the full state, rather than allowing the vote at a regional level. Odds are that if the Titans played basketball in the UP, at least 7 wolves would be in attendance at every game. ;)
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby HSScout1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:21 pm

Cornell Mann, one of my original (and very incorrect) guesses, was hired as an assistant coach by Oakland
HSScout1
Senior
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby baseball59 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:57 pm

if ba has 2 assistants hired I do not know what would be the purpose of waiting to make an announcement.
baseball59
Senior
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 9:03 am

Re: assistant coaches

Postby titanmac » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:03 pm

timing. these guys seem like they are more astute at understanding media and how it works. an early casual observation. i hope its correct?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby Titans96 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:00 pm

HSScout1 wrote:Cornell Mann, one of my original (and very incorrect) guesses, was hired as an assistant coach by Oakland


If OU landed Mann, that is a loss for the Titans. A good coach with #2 seat BCS experience who knows how to recruit.
Titans96
Senior
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:20 am

Re: assistant coaches

Postby titanmac » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:47 pm

I suppose you've seen him play?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Rogobob77
Senior
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby uofdmik2008 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:15 pm

I don't know what to think of this hire, he has been a consultant for the last 5 years.
Mik

University of Detroit Mercy alum 08 and 09
uofdmik2008
Senior
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby ptctitan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:28 pm

He's the compliance, paperwork, and get the players to class and study hall guy. They appear to be building up the PR to the two main assistants to replace former assistants Smith and Payne.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: assistant coaches

Postby udballer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Not a terrible announcement... but not really going to blow your skirt up, either. Looks like BA staying in his comfort zone here. It's his call to make, so Godspeed.
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: assistant coaches

Postby udballer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:36 pm

ptctitan wrote:He's the compliance, paperwork, and get the players to class and study hall guy. They appear to be building up the PR to the two main assistants to replace former assistants Smith and Payne.


Count me as one who hopes he goes a little bit outside of his comfort zone for those final two assistants. I'm rooting for young & hungry with established presences outside of metro-Detroit. If the next announcement is that he's hired former DOBO Matt Mariconda or something... I'll be upset. That said, I actually liked Matt quite a bit when we were in school.
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests