Malik Eichler

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Malik Eichler

Postby titanmac » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:39 am

he doesn't look like a banger. seems to have good hands and a nice little baby hook. if he can learn to clog up the lane and can move his feet, could be a contributer?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:58 am

ptctitan wrote:Article on Eichler from New Engladn recruiting report.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/macduffies-eichler-detroit-bound?platform=hootsuite

One nit to pick from the video: When he shoots those threes or long twos, I like to see him breaking toward the basket in case there is a rebound.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:39 pm

afraid he isn't yet comfortable using his size. the europeans have a reputation for playing soft? guess we'll see. is he enrolled for the summer?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:44 pm

Titans96 wrote:Mike, not sure I get your "sense of humor" or maybe you just don't know how to read? But the simple fact is that many of the forum participants aggressively bashed the Ack Attack on this board, and in reality Eichler played in the same high school league as Ack, and Ack had far superior stats and rankings than our "future star center in the Horizon League". Also, with the excitement these board participants have for Eichler, we should be worried about losing our "star recruiter" JJ to much larger programs. If JJ can find this 7 foot diamond in the rough, and no other colleges could see the great potential of Eichler (because we know that colleges are not looking for 7 foot players all over the world) then all of these BCS schools are going to be knocking down JJ's door to get him on their staff.

Just be real. Try getting excited about the real players on this team like Jenkins, McFolley and Hogan. Focus your attention and excitement on the Titans true stars who will be successful in the Horizon League, and not the players who are so slow and unskilled that the rest of the college universe did not notice them (even though one is 7 foot and 235 lbs and the other is 6'7" and played with one of the most highly watched future NBA players in North America).

Really the simple facts are don't be an a** hat. You are entitled to your opinion. It was in fact a joke that yes, you don't get. Maybe it is your youth and inexperience? In the past, I have been reluctant to say anything about your comments at all. I chose to let others make their opinions known about some of the incoherent arguments you have made. I think everyone is cautiously optimistic about Malik. I also think what bothers many, is your ability to take a welcoming thread and turn it into a thread of doubt and insult. "Try getting excited about the real players". We are all excited about the "stars" of the team, but the stars of the team are part of a team. They all have roles. Look at the comparison of the NBA Finals teams in Cleveland and Golden State. Which team plays as a team and which plays as individuals? I don't know how Malik will be as a Titan, only time will tell. This thread was for welcoming.

Bottom line...don't be a Dick!
titanmike
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:46 pm

NC Titan wrote:
ptctitan wrote:Article on Eichler from New Engladn recruiting report.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/macduffies-eichler-detroit-bound?platform=hootsuite

One nit to pick from the video: When he shoots those threes or long twos, I like to see him breaking toward the basket in case there is a rebound.
titanmike
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:10 pm

HSScout1
Senior

Postby udballer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Good to see the press release. Just like with the NBA draft, if you're going to miss... miss on a big. I am a big fan of the size that we have added to the roster. From the press release, this caught my eye:

Eichler – who is fluid in three languages (English, German, Spanish) – comes

Fluid? Someone needs to get an editor involved.
udballer
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:58 pm

Good catch. That has been corrected.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby udballer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:17 pm

ptctitan wrote:Good catch. That has been corrected.

Cool. Glad I could be of assistance. I received a minor in English from UDM. :lol:
udballer
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:35 am

I like the "German Giant" tag.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:48 am

udballer wrote:Good to see the press release. Just like with the NBA draft, if you're going to miss... miss on a big. I am a big fan of the size that we have added to the roster. From the press release, this caught my eye:

Eichler – who is fluid in three languages (English, German, Spanish) – comes

Fluid? Someone needs to get an editor involved.

I believe German kids take English language in school for 12 years straight, from first grade all the way through high school graduation. I was lucky to visit the country the last two years, everyone converses freely in English. Berlin is probably my favorite city on earth. If Malik needs to pump up his GPA at UDM, he can take classes in German, Spanish, and English as a second language. :D
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:10 am

hah! the difference between the french and the germans. french take it too. actually, a lot of countries do--especially the europeans. but most french never get much past "i have a red pencil box" especially in the provinces.... :o :)

ps. its never official til hoopster says it is. that's just the culture around here.....

pps. i told you he was still growing!
titanmac
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Any info on Eiclher, is he staying or is he going?
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby Titans03 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Malik will be playing at Madonna University this coming season.
Titans03
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Titans03 wrote:Malik will be playing at Madonna University this coming season.

In Livonia? If so what a waste and why? I guess my next question is Malik a flake or does Davis not want him. He was totally misused by the guy that recruited him. I hope this isn't a loyalty move to BA because from what I could see BA did nothing for Malik.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:47 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:

In Livonia? If so what a waste and why? I guess my next question is Malik a flake or does Davis not want him. He was totally misused by the guy that recruited him. I hope this isn't a loyalty move to BA because from what I could see BA did nothing for Malik.

Why is it a waste? Eichler is a borderline D-I player. At Madonna he'll play regularly. Maybe that's what he wanted, and nothing wrong or flaky about that.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:13 am

Commissioner wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:

Why is it a waste? Eichler is a borderline D-I player. At Madonna he'll play regularly. Maybe that's what he wanted, and nothing wrong or flaky about that.

I guess I saw Eichler as a better than borderline player. I felt when he was on the floor he contributed and there was good effort on his part. I felt with coaching and more experience he would develop
into a solid contributor. It used to bother me when we were down by 20+ and it was obvious the combination on the floor wasn't working and BA would continue to do what got us there. I can remember games where Malik would contribute in the first half and look pretty decent only to never see the floor again. So I saw something in Eichler that I liked and felt with good coaching his game could refine. I am disappointed that either we are giving up on him or he is giving up on us or himself.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:06 pm

i felt the same way up. kinda surprised by this outcome?
titanmac
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball