2018 Recruiting Thread

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Awesome!
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:12 pm

I hope our outstanding coaching staff is spending the day at Calihan looking for some players who can help the Titans. If you have not noticed, we need some players that can play defense, get rebounds, provide assists, not turnover the ball and play TEAM ball. I am pretty sure there will be a few who would help the Titans in the next few years.

Calihan Challenge: noon, Lake Shore vs. Orchard Lake St. Mary's; 1:30 p.m., Grosse Pointe South vs. Divine Child; 3:30, Ford vs. Detroit Catholic Central; 5, New Haven vs. De La Salle, and 6:30, Dakota vs. U-D Jesuit.
Titans96
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:19 pm

I hope UDJ EMBARRASES Dakota, somehow finding a way to make them look worse than they already do with this Kithier situation. Tocco and this Dakota schools are an embarrassment. Transfers are only okay when they benefit, right Jackson and Ballentyne family?
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby TitanTarHeel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:07 pm

There's not a ton of D1 talent playing in the slate of games today at Calihan (although there are a bunch of interesting match ups to be sure). UDJ had their 2 best players transfer to a prep school in Nevada (Juniors Julian Dozier and Jalen Thomas -- they both have several D1 offers, Dozier has one from OU)

On the high school transfer stuff my simple take would be if families are moving to new districts then so be it. Those are family decisions and happen for any number of reasons. As such, kids shouldn't have to sit out. It seems Kithier is MHSAA trying to make some kind of statement to slow the transfer train -- I don't know enough if transfers are actually a 'problem' nowadays.

As a proud UDJ alum, heck yes, let's go squash Dakota tonight!
TitanTarHeel
Senior

Postby udballer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:56 pm

TitanTarHeel wrote:There's not a ton of D1 talent playing in the slate of games today at Calihan (although there are a bunch of interesting match ups to be sure). UDJ had their 2 best players transfer to a prep school in Nevada (Juniors Julian Dozier and Jalen Thomas -- they both have several D1 offers, Dozier has one from OU)

On the high school transfer stuff my simple take would be if families are moving to new districts then so be it. Those are family decisions and happen for any number of reasons. As such, kids shouldn't have to sit out. It seems Kithier is MHSAA trying to make some kind of statement to slow the transfer train -- I don't know enough if transfers are actually a 'problem' nowadays.

I agree on your take on whether or not the family moves betting the deciding factor. If they want it that bad, let them have it. I'm not moving to Clarkston for anyone. :)

That said, it is also a joke that the family is trying to act like they picked the school for social and academic purposes... like it's a coincidence that they're the top Class A team in the state.

Just call it what it is and if you choose to uproot your family and move based solely on high school basketball, say so. And it should be allowed.

I'll say this now, for the record. My son is 6 years old at this moment. I fully expect him to end up being the best PG in Detroit Titans history when all is said and done. That said, his local high school is Farmington High. This is not a basketball school. Regardless, that's where he will be setting his records when the time comes. ;)
udballer
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Problem is the Titans define the "best PG" by points scored. Assists and shooting % are mere footnotes.
Remember when Detroit Mercy had a winning basketball program? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Resurget Cineribus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Oudrummer wrote:I hope UDJ EMBARRASES Dakota, somehow finding a way to make them look worse than they already do with this Kithier situation. Tocco and this Dakota schools are an embarrassment. Transfers are only okay when they benefit, right Jackson and Ballentyne family?

Why do you keep coming back to our board and undermining our program and players?
Is your board so boring? Do Titan fans go to your board and say inappropriate things about
your school and that’s why you come here?
Resurget Cineribus
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:40 pm

TitanTarHeel wrote:There's not a ton of D1 talent playing in the slate of games today at Calihan (although there are a bunch of interesting match ups to be sure). UDJ had their 2 best players transfer to a prep school in Nevada (Juniors Julian Dozier and Jalen Thomas -- they both have several D1 offers, Dozier has one from OU)

Yeah, I guess you are right TitanTarHeel. No Bacari or JJSr. However strangely enough Izzo and DJ are here from MSU, plus a few other coaches. I guess Izzo doesn’t know D1 talent compared to our crack staff.

There is some good talent here and our coaches are lame. We have enough D1 talent already. No need for more.
Titans96
Senior

Postby udballer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Problem is the Titans define the "best PG" by points scored. Assists and shooting % are mere footnotes.

He intends to break all aforementioned records. :lol:

Actually, I think he'll be a baseball player and we ended that program when I was still in school.
udballer
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:10 pm

udballer wrote:
Tacitus651 wrote:Problem is the Titans define the "best PG" by points scored. Assists and shooting % are mere footnotes.

Actually, I think he'll be a baseball player and we ended that program when I was still in school.

If it's any consolation, we probably won't have basketball by the time your son is 18 either.
Remember when Detroit Mercy had a winning basketball program? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby udballer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:46 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:
udballer wrote:

If it's any consolation, we probably won't have basketball by the time your son is 18 either.

Lol. Good point.
udballer
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Titans96 wrote:

Yeah, I guess you are right TitanTarHeel. No Bacari or JJSr. However strangely enough Izzo and DJ are here from MSU, plus a few other coaches. I guess Izzo doesn’t know D1 talent compared to our crack staff.

There is some good talent here and our coaches are lame. We have enough D1 talent already. No need for more.

I am just wondering why our coaches weren’t in our gym tonight recruiting? If the head coach and top assistant coaches of the #1 team in the country (by the way this was an assistant who turned down our head coaching job because he didn’t want to take JJSr as his assistant) are willing to come to our gym on a Sunday afternoon, and the head coach and top assistant of the #270 ranked (RPI) team in the country choose to stay at home, something isn’t right. Obviously someone cares about winning and works at it, while someone else doesn’t care about winning.

By the way, I also heard from some people sitting next to me that UofD has a kid (Daniel Friday) who has been offered by numerous D1 schools, not by the Titans. Again, we must know how to pick them better than the others.
Titans96
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Also Chris Holtmann, Ohio State Head Coach was at Calihan today.

Macomb Dakota 6’2 2020 Ryan Rollins had 24 points in the loss tonight to U-D Jesuit. He has an offer from Cleveland State.

Jacob Polakovich had 29 points and 10 rebounds as well for Catholic Central.

James Moss from UofD has 25 points on a 3 pointer exhibition.

Again, Titan coaches were no shows and are all about winning and getting the best talent. What a joke.
Titans96
Senior

Postby TitanTarHeel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:54 pm

Sigh, it's an easy game of whack a mole, here we go...

"There is some good talent here and our coaches are lame"
Here's the top 100 players in state by Freep, the list is similar if you look at Detnews or Bank Hoops.
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high ... 933094001/ To my previous comment on this thread, there wasn't alot of D1 talent in the building today playing as supported by several experts who follow prep hoops for a living.

Romeo Weems from New Haven was the lone star player, he was who Izzo and Holtmann showed up to see, for that 1 game only. They didn't sit thru all the other games. Laser focused on their one guy. They didn't sit thru Lake Shore vs OLSM to see the non D1 players there. Weems could go back to back Mr Basketball.

Friday is a Junior at UDJ and definitely an emerging talent and has been garnering mid major offers. UDM regularly has visited UDJ practices and has definitely seen him play.

The best for last...Jacob Polakvich plays for GRAND RAPIDS Catholic Central (his high offer is Ferris State), and was not playing at Calihan today. Wrong school all around, but you read a box score from his game yesterday (and its apparent you weren't even at Calihan today for the games otherwise you wouldn't be on here talking about a player who was sitting on his couch in Grand Rapids). As you say, what a joke.
TitanTarHeel
Senior

Postby TitanTarHeel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:54 pm

Sigh, it's an easy game of whack a mole, here we go...

Here's the top 100 players in state by Freep, the list is similar if you look at Detnews or Bank Hoops.
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high ... 933094001/ To my previous comment on this thread, there wasn't alot of D1 talent in the building today playing as supported by several experts who follow prep hoops for a living.

Romeo Weems from New Haven was the lone star player, he was who Izzo and Holtmann showed up to see, for that 1 game only. They didn't sit thru all the other games. Laser focused on their one guy. They didn't sit thru Lake Shore vs OLSM to see the non D1 players there. Weems could go back to back Mr Basketball.

Friday is a Junior at UDJ and definitely an emerging talent and has been garnering mid major offers. UDM regularly has visited UDJ practices and has definitely seen him play.

The best for last...Jacob Polakvich plays for GRAND RAPIDS Catholic Central (his high offer is Ferris State), and was not playing at Calihan today. Wrong school all around, but you read a box score from his game yesterday (and its apparent you weren't even at Calihan today for the games otherwise you wouldn't be on here talking about a player who was sitting on his couch in Grand Rapids). As you say, what a joke.
TitanTarHeel
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Resurget Cineribus wrote:
Oudrummer wrote:I hope UDJ EMBARRASES Dakota, somehow finding a way to make them look worse than they already do with this Kithier situation. Tocco and this Dakota schools are an embarrassment. Transfers are only okay when they benefit, right Jackson and Ballentyne family?

Why do you keep coming back to our board and undermining our program and players?
Is your board so boring? Do Titan fans go to your board and say inappropriate things about
your school and that’s why you come here?

Umm... actually my post had almost nothing to do with your school. And that's why I posted it. I don't come on here and talk basketball involving your team. Yes, I mentioned two players on your roster. But I have no issues with their transfers. The point was the way Dakota handled this situation was a joke and embarrassment especially for a school that his very recently benefited from transfers.

Relax.
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:49 pm

TitanTarHeel wrote:Sigh, it's an easy game of whack a mole, here we go...

TitanTarHeel, I understand, it is hard supporting your buddies BA and JJSr when they are incompetent. If they really were interested in putting a winning program together they would have been at Calihan tonight. I was there for the last 2 games and they were not. Izzo and Holtzman were there too, and your buddies were not. Cleveland State has offered the Dakota guard, and the Titans weren’t there. Toledo, Miami, Central and others have offered Friday and your buddies were not there. It is a joke. Why would you not show up to your place and show the kids you are running a winning program? Because we aren’t. We are running a #270 program on our way to a #300+ program. We need real coaches who know how to coach and know how to recruit. Right now we got nothing but a losing program on the way down.

This makes me sick as a Titan alum and fan. Why isn’t it making you sick? How can you justify coaches that don’t recruit? They are lazy and that is why were are #270 and Izzo is #1. Sorry, the facts are hard to handle. Think about how much we pay BA, Vowels, JJSr, daddy Chatman (easily those 4 are at $1M/yr), and they can’t find the time to recruit at our place on a Sunday. Shame on them and shame on the university for keeping those clowns employed.
Titans96
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Check out what our commit Adrian Nelson did today:

Tonight’s game has been postponed with the Tigers leading 23-17 in the 2nd quarter after @Adrian4Nelson LITERALLY torn the rim down. Game will be rescheduled at a later date. #TigerBasketball

https://twitter.com/PCTigersHoops/statu ... 3009285120
HSScout1
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:56 pm

HSScout1 wrote:Check out what our commit Adrian Nelson did today:

Tonight’s game has been postponed with the Tigers leading 23-17 in the 2nd quarter after @Adrian4Nelson LITERALLY torn the rim down. Game will be rescheduled at a later date. #TigerBasketball

https://twitter.com/PCTigersHoops/statu ... 3009285120

That's great Nelson seems like he has a little Doug Anderson in him, I hope we can hold on to him in April.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:04 am

Tweeted: “University Of Detroit Commit Calmly Breaks Rim On Breakaway Slam”

https://deadspin.com/university-of-detr ... socialflow

FWIW, the University’s branding initiative has apparently not yet penetrated the Pinkerton, Ohio media market.
Rogobob77
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball