2018 Recruiting Thread

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

2018 Recruiting Thread

Postby titanmike » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:11 am

Last night at midnight was the 1st day college coaches can contact recruits for 2018 Class. Here is who I have been able to come up with that we contacted , more as I hear or you hear.

Thomas Kithier-Macomb Dakota
titanmike
Senior

Re: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Postby TitanTarHeel » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:57 am

Generally I've found the Verbal Commits site to be decent with tracking offers esp with mid majors (where as Scout is great at the 5* 4* coverage).

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/detroit

So far indicates we've offered:
Kithier - with offers from Toledo and Oakland
Tray Jackson (SF, Lincoln HS) - no other offers reported
Davion Williams - 4*, (PG, Belleville HS) - offers from Eastern, Oakland, Toledo

I've mentioned in other threads, but will restate that I saw Kithier play this year and was quite impressed. Not just because he's big but because he's skilled big. Quite a difference and he shows a ton of natural talent.
TitanTarHeel
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:06 am

Kithier also has offers from Michigan, Iowa and Butler.
titanmike
Senior

Postby TitanTarHeel » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:15 pm

I haven't seen any formal announcement from those schools Mike, just that they've reached out (perhaps thats typical precursor of an offer but not sure of that).

Paul Carmona ‏@NGSports 4h4 hours ago
On the 1st day colleges can contact 2018 class, Dakota's Thomas Kithier heard from U of M, Oakland, Iowa, Butler, U of D, & CMU at midnight

Also this is from a recent interview with Kithier (he's TK, EM is the interviewer) ...
EM: Shifting a bit to recruiting, can you tell us which schools have offered you?
TK: Oakland, University of Detroit, and Toledo.
EM: Which schools show interest that haven’t yet offered:
TK: UM, MSU , Xavier, CMU, EMU, Notre Dame, Stanford, Arizona, Navy, and Milwaukee.
TitanTarHeel
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:33 pm

TitanTarHeel wrote:I haven't seen any formal announcement from those schools Mike, just that they've reached out (perhaps thats typical precursor of an offer but not sure of that).

On the 1st day colleges can contact 2018 class, Dakota's Thomas Kithier heard from U of M, Oakland, Iowa, Butler, U of D, & CMU at midnight

Also this is from a recent interview with Kithier (he's TK, EM is the interviewer) ...
EM: Shifting a bit to recruiting, can you tell us which schools have offered you?
TK: UM, MSU , Xavier, CMU, EMU, Notre Dame, Stanford, Arizona, Navy, and Milwaukee.

My mistake in the venacular used.
titanmike
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:36 pm

i went to a game that kithier wasn't in and i didn't come away too impressed. clearly not a d1 talent
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:38 pm

titanmac wrote:i went to a game that kithier wasn't in and i didn't come away too impressed. clearly not a d1 talent

Pfffttttt :roll: :lol:
titanmike
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:40 pm

TitanTarHeel wrote:I haven't seen any formal announcement from those schools Mike, just that they've reached out (perhaps thats typical precursor of an offer but not sure of that).

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits · 6m6 minutes ago

2018 Dakota (MI) F Thomas Kithier has received an offer from Milwaukee. (HT @PrepHoopsMI) @thomaskithier http://verbalcommits.com/players/thomas-kithier-mi
titanmike
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:30 pm

Goliath Mitchell, a 6-0 pg from Goodrich, was contacted by UD, per his AAU coach.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby titanmac » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:34 pm

love the name! who doesn't want goliath?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby udballer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:54 am

Commissioner wrote:Goliath Mitchell, a 6-0 pg from Goodrich, was contacted by UD, per his AAU coach.

Did we contact him for basketball or track? http://www.mlive.com/generals/index.ssf/2010/08/grand_blancs_robert_mitchell_b.html
udballer
Senior

Postby titanmike » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:09 am

titanmac wrote:love the name! who doesn't want goliath?

Not to sound like 96 here, but he isn't Goliath at 6'0. And to sound like titanmac, "just sayin" :D
titanmike
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:30 am

titanmike wrote:
titanmac wrote:love the name! who doesn't want goliath?

Not to sound like 96 here, but he isn't Goliath at 6'0. And to sound like titanmac, "just sayin" :D

But I'm sure he's still growing. 6'6" by signing day. :D
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:17 pm

TK reportedly picked up an offer from DePaul this week, too. He posted about it on social media.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby titanmike » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Sam you are way to quiet these days and Moose if your reading this, you are also. Hope things are well for the both of you.
titanmike
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:52 pm

titanmike wrote:Sam you are way to quiet these days and Moose if your reading this, you are also. Hope things are well for the both of you.

Thanks, TM. I've been busy with a couple of jobs, and also spending time on the Memphis board educating their fans on the greatness of Tubby Smith. :D I am keeping up with the happenings on the Titans, though, checking in on the board and attending the May luncheon. I'm excited about the future.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:55 pm

titanmike wrote:Last night at midnight was the 1st day college coaches can contact recruits for 2018 Class. Here is who I have been able to come up with that we contacted , more as I hear or you hear.

Kithier offered by MSU this afternoon at the MSU team camp
HSScout1
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:26 pm

HSScout1 wrote:
titanmike wrote:Last night at midnight was the 1st day college coaches can contact recruits for 2018 Class. Here is who I have been able to come up with that we contacted , more as I hear or you hear.

Kithier offered by MSU this afternoon at the MSU team camp

Offered by Duquesne, too.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:33 pm

From Steve Bell - his observations from the Elite Camp. All the guys listed are class of 2018:

http://bankhoops.com/new-staff-same-talented-u-d-camp/

New Staff, Same Talented U-D Camp

The University of Detroit’s elite camp has usually brought in the top prospects from Southeastern Michigan, and that doesn’t look like it will change under new coach Bacari Alexander. Here are some of our favorite performers from the Titans’ first elite camp with the new staff.

Quinn Blair 6-6 Jr Dearborn Divine Child: One of the more unselfish players in camp, willing to do the dirty work on the glass, fight defensively, push the ball with the pass. Rebounded at a high rate. A three-tier scorer, playing a lot like John Simons. He’d hit a 3 one trip, backcut for an easy bucket the next. Blair has offers from Ferris State, where his sister plays, and Hillsdale, where they have to have visions of the next Kyle Cooper out of the Catholic League, and is a likely D1 recruit in both basketball and football.

Gabe Brown 6-7 Jr Belleville: He put in a performance similar to Kent State freshman Daniel Pippen’s two year’s ago at Detroit’s elite camp, a hustling, versatile presence on both ends of the floor. All knees and elbows and no defined position, Brown has a motor, arms for days, passed well on the break and looked great shooting left-handed three-pointers off the catch. A key member of Belleville’s loaded 2018 class.

Deante Johnson 6-7 Jr Detroit Edison: Can really get up and down for a big kid, a requisite for playing with the Family’s 16U which is one of the fastest AAU teams in the country. Johnson just got a Toledo offer which looks like a prescient move, he could be a big-time rebounder in the MAC as he gets off the floor quickly a second and third time. And he’s not named “Spider” because his arms are short.

Avery Lewis 6-5 Jr Ann Arbor Huron: Reminds one of Jared Holmquist, who was the best player in the MIAA last season for Trine University, a strong kid who works hard, bangs, rebounds, complements talented guards, while having a blossoming offensive game. One of the state’s most improved 2018 prospects.

Lamar Norman 6-2 Jr Wyoming Godwin Heights: Simply the most talented offensive guard in Michigan for 2018. Those peers that can drive and finish like Norman can’t shoot like him, and those that can shoot with him aren’t as athletic. The kind of guard who by the time he finishes breakfast has already scored buckets, like Calvin Wooten, Katu Davis or Steven Haney Sr. He’s produced in any venue we’ve seen him and that’s not likely to change.
HSScout1
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:47 pm

"arms for days" -- I like that phrase. :D
RIP Titan Reggie #DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurTurnOurCity #RememberTheTitans
NC Titan
Senior

Next

Return to Men's Basketball