Pontiac Scoreboard

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Pontiac Scoreboard

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:56 am

Commissioner wrote:UNC Wins It All!

Sorry Tar Heel, that's all I've got.

I think this was the most boring tournament I can recall, and I've watched a lot. Final was close, but I didn't find it a very interesting game, either.

Nation's longest winning streaks:
Grand Canyon 7 (This could be a money maker in bar trivia)
North Carolina 6
TCU 5
St. Peter's 4
Northwestern State 3
Savannah State 3

Commish, this rendition of "One Average Moment" is dedicated to you:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-show- ... -sudeikis/
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby titanmac » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:07 pm

or a pick up line commish! what's self respecting woman is going to pass up a line like that?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:19 pm

Generally, I liked the NCAA Final Monday night, Commissioner. Contested between 2 No. 1 seeds, relatively close most of the way, the game could have gone either way and yielded a deserving champion, I thought. When Gonzaga took the layup instead of a three pointer with about 0:05 remaining, that was a strategic error and proved to be their final undoing. What's more, the panel of announcers did not pick up on it, surprisingly.

In my view, the regular season IS important and these were two teams who had proven themselves over the long haul. Either one was a more legitimate champion than say, UConn, the year it finished 9th in the BIg East then swept thru it's tournament and the Big Dance. Kemba Walker led that team, I believe.
dennycrane
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Correction: Reading SI last night, I realized an error in citing Gonzaga for not taking a 3 point shot at the end of their game with North Carolina. That situation occurred in NC's Final Four game vs Oregon, not Gonzaga.

Regarding the Final however, Gonzaga's Goss had injured his ankle at about 1:25 of the second half yet still attempted to drive the lane in the final minute, ultimately getting his shot blocked. Coach Few perhaps should have considered another option, as that was the pivotal play. Immediately after, NC broke away for a layup, then caused another turnover leading to the final margin of 71-65.
dennycrane
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball