Starting Line UP

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Starting Line UP

Postby Tacitus651 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:51 pm

We will need AT LEAST a Final Four appearance for ESPN to consider producing their 30 for 30, March of the Titans.
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Hoopster_Now_In_DC » Mon May 08, 2017 11:50 am

I'm hoping for Jones in order to protect the rim. The idea is for our defense to develop with his presence.
Hoopster_Now_In_DC
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu May 11, 2017 5:49 am

Revision 3.4 after transfer news.

G - Allen
G - McFolley/Jackson
F - Chatman
F - Prince
F/C - Blackshear/Jones/Eichler/Ballantyne/Thor Gudshudtblahkrmudsen
ptctitan
Senior

Postby uofdmik2008 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:27 am

ptctitan wrote:Revision 3.4 after transfer news.

G - Allen
G - McFolley/Jackson
F - Chatman
F - Prince

I think Black will make it into the rotation, he had moments in the season where he shined, like the Green Bay game!
Mik

University of Detroit Mercy alum 08 and 09
uofdmik2008
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:38 am

Black should get plenty of minutes. He played better than I expected last year and I assume he's going to work hard to have a great senior year. Question is, will JJJ take those minutes and, if so, will he truly earn them?

Pretty solid team as far as talent. Would be great to Greg E!
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Thu May 11, 2017 11:39 am

ptctitan wrote:Revision 3.4 after transfer news.

G - Allen
G - McFolley/Jackson
F - Chatman
F - Prince

Thor is going to need to wear two jerseys just to get his name on the back!
RIP Titan Reggie #DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurTurnOurCity #RememberTheTitans
NC Titan
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:29 pm

I'm going to wait until I see who the 4th recruit is. Maybe it will be a JUCO like Elijah Warren, Thomas Kennedy or Nick Minny, guys that can step in and start from day one.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Thu May 11, 2017 1:09 pm

R.B.J1 wrote:I'm going to wait until I see who the 4th recruit is. Maybe it will be a JUCO like Elijah Warren, Thomas Kennedy or Nick Minny, guys that can step in and start from day one.

Make that "4th and 5th recruits."
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby udballer » Thu May 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Commissioner wrote:
R.B.J1 wrote:I'm going to wait until I see who the 4th recruit is. Maybe it will be a JUCO like Elijah Warren, Thomas Kennedy or Nick Minny, guys that can step in and start from day one.

Right. Would be a huge boost if Greg E is determined to be one of those two. Four year guy who can contribute right away (at minimum with defense/rebounding). If not Greg E, I think the expectations should be tempered on these last two recruits... based on the fact that we are this late in the cycle. I'd expect pickups similar to the caliber that BA brought in last season if Greg doesn't sign on.
udballer
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu May 11, 2017 1:34 pm

udballer wrote:
Commissioner wrote:

Right. Would be a huge boost if Greg E is determined to be one of those two. Four year guy who can contribute right away (at minimum with defense/rebounding). If not Greg E, I think the expectations should be tempered on these last two recruits... based on the fact that we are this late in the cycle. I'd expect pickups similar to the caliber that BA brought in last season if Greg doesn't sign on.

Looks like Dyllan Robinson is still out there. Looks to be an athlete. He is coming off of an injury so a lot of the interest in him has dropped off. According to some of the stuff I have found he seems to be 6'7" now and about 80% back to where he he was before injury. It would be interesting to see if he still has his quick ups.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Re: Starting Line Up

Postby titanmac » Thu May 11, 2017 2:13 pm

c: blackshear
pf: prince
sf: chatman
pg: mcfolley
sg: allen

i guess matt grant isn't coming back? said he was celebrated at the senior farewell dinner recently?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Thu May 11, 2017 3:37 pm

upbasketballfan wrote: Looks like Dyllan Robinson is still out there. Looks to be an athlete. He is coming off of an injury so a lot of the interest in him has dropped off. According to some of the stuff I have found he seems to be 6'7" now and about 80% back to where he he was before injury. It would be interesting to see if he still has his quick ups.

He was offered by the ancien regime, so I don't know if the current staff has any interest. Don't know if Jermaine Sr was his contact with that regime or not.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 pm

I guess I can make my prediction, due to the fact that I don't think there are any recruits still available that can make a significant impact. This prediction is being made without Hogan being on the roster.

C-Blackshear
F-Prince
F-Chatman
G-Allen
G-McFolley

Top Reserves
G-Jackson
F-Ballantyne
C-Eichler

Long might be able to sneak in there and get a few minutes. I think we can win 16 games.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Tue May 23, 2017 9:01 pm

R.B.J1 wrote:I guess I can make my prediction, due to the fact that I don't think there are any recruits still available that can make a significant impact. This prediction is being made without Hogan being on the roster.

C-Blackshear
F-Prince
F-Chatman
G-Allen
G-McFolley

Top Reserves
G-Jackson
F-Ballantyne
C-Eichler

Long might be able to sneak in there and get a few minutes. I think we can win 16 games.

I think Blackshear's development could be key to the next two seasons. He showed some flashes as a freshman and seems to have potential.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby titandave » Wed May 24, 2017 12:44 pm

R.B.J1 wrote:I guess I can make my prediction, due to the fact that I don't think there are any recruits still available that can make a significant impact. This prediction is being made without Hogan being on the roster.

C-Blackshear
F-Prince
F-Chatman
G-Allen
G-McFolley

Top Reserves
G-Jackson
F-Ballantyne
C-Eichler

Agree with your starting line up. However, assuming Jones is healthy, I believe he'll be part of the 8-man rotation instead of Eichler.
titandave
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed May 24, 2017 1:19 pm

C-Blackshear
F-Prince
F-Chatman
G-Allen
G-McFolley

Top Reserves
G-Jackson
F-Ballantyne
C-Eichler

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketb ... -available

I would go after Akoy Agau
titanmike
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed May 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Hope springs eternal.

My wish is that Jones does what the staff expected when they recruited him, and that he and Blackshear rule the middle. I want Chatman and Prince (while Ballantyne learns the college game) to give us strength and bulk up front (with some scoring thrown in) so that we have an overwhelming frontcourt. (Redshirt Eichler.) With the five guards (plus Long, when he regains his outside shot) we rule the HL for at least a couple of seasons.

Anyone know if Jones will be a junior or a senior?
RIP Titan Reggie #DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurTurnOurCity #RememberTheTitans
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:58 pm

NC Titan wrote:Hope springs eternal.

My wish is that Jones does what the staff expected when they recruited him, and that he and Blackshear rule the middle. I want Chatman and Prince (while Ballantyne learns the college game) to give us strength and bulk up front (with some scoring thrown in) so that we have an overwhelming frontcourt. (Redshirt Eichler.) With the five guards (plus Long, when he regains his outside shot) we rule the HL for at least a couple of seasons.

With the relatively new NCAA rule allowing individuals to transfer for their fifth year without having to sit out, I no longer feel it is in mid-major schools' interest to redshirt players. If Eichler were to develop steadily over four years as centers often do, the seven footer would be a good candidate to transfer after his academic senior year.

At the recent luncheon, BA said Eichler was playing injured for the last part of his freshman season. Hopefully he'll see meaningful minutes in 2017-18.

I believe Jones has two years of remaining eligibility.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Wed May 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:
NC Titan wrote:Hope springs eternal.

With the relatively new NCAA rule allowing individuals to transfer for their fifth year without having to sit out, I no longer feel it is in mid-major schools' interest to redshirt players. If Eichler were to develop steadily over four years as centers often do, the seven footer would be a good candidate to transfer after his academic senior year.

At the recent luncheon, BA said Eichler was playing injured for the last part of his freshman season. Hopefully he'll see meaningful minutes in 2017-18.

I believe Jones has two years of remaining eligibility.

I think Jones will need a waiver to play two seasons with the Titans. His first year was 13-14, so this coming season will be his 5th since enrolling. You normally get 5 years to play 4. Even if that is his situation, you can seek a waiver, and this is the kind of case where he might get a 6th year, since he was injured for two full seasons, and didn't use one to transfer and sit a year or anything like that.
Commissioner
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:08 am

titanmike wrote:

C-Blackshear
F-Prince
F-Chatman
G-Allen
G-McFolley

Top Reserves
G-Jackson
F-Ballantyne
C-Eichler

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketb ... -available

I would go after Akoy Agau

Georgetown grad transfer Akoy Agau is considering Washington State, Illinois, SMU, Cal State Northridge, Maryland, and ODU.
HSScout1
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball