Adrian Nelson commits

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Adrian Nelson commits

Postby HSScout1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Pickerington Central SF Adrian Nelson (2018 ) has committed following his official visit this weekend. Excellent start to the class of 2018!!

@Adrian4Nelson 16m minutes ago
God has a plan for me. I'm blessed beyond measures to say I am spending my next 4 years at Detroit Mercy #GoTitans

https://twitter.com/Adrian4Nelson
Last edited by HSScout1 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HSScout1
Senior

Re: Adrian Nelson commits

Postby HSScout1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:11 pm

The other day, when news of Nelson's visit was posted, the Commissioner posted the following concerning Nelson on the other Board:

Ohio Hoops ranks Nelson the #10 prospect in Ohio's class of '18. Triple Double Prospects puts him at #15. Ohio Gems only ranks by position, but places him as the #2 small forward in the state, which would indicate a higher overall ranking than the other two services. He has a reported 18 offers, but they are generally lower majors--no P6, AAC, A10, 1 Mountain West (Air Force), and no MVC. Wright State, Youngstown, and Northern Kentucky have all offered. Nelson is good. Lot of talent passing through Pickerington these days.

Read more: http://udtitanbasketball.freeforums.net ... z4sxBMB47u
HSScout1
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:40 pm

HSScout1 wrote:The other day, when news of Nelson's visit was posted, the Commissioner posted the following concerning Nelson on the other Board:

Ohio Hoops ranks Nelson the #10 prospect in Ohio's class of '18. Triple Double Prospects puts him at #15. Ohio Gems only ranks by position, but places him as the #2 small forward in the state, which would indicate a higher overall ranking than the other two services. He has a reported 18 offers, but they are generally lower majors--no P6, AAC, A10, 1 Mountain West (Air Force), and no MVC. Wright State, Youngstown, and Northern Kentucky have all offered. Nelson is good. Lot of talent passing through Pickerington these days.

Read more: http://udtitanbasketball.freeforums.net ... z4sxBMB47u

This is great news! I hope we are able to get his signature in November, I hope none of the BCS schools try to flip him in November if one of their plan "A" recruits don't work out. We finally are recruiting the state of Ohio, as I've stated many times, I think UDM should recruit more in the southeast states such as Georgia, North Carolina and in the state of Ohio, we can get good players from those areas.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Was also recruited by Air Force, so must have solid academics. Also had offers from Cleveland State, Canisius, and Albany.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:00 pm

Pickerington H.S. Home of former U-M stand-out Caris LeVert.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Very solid pick up.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Great news! Hopefully just the start to what should be a good class.
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby sacredheartgreg » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Wow, we are going to be a force to be reckoned with. Great job Titan staff and players.
sacredheartgreg
Senior

Postby uofdmik2008 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:46 am

Welcome to the Titan Family!
Mik

University of Detroit Mercy alum 08 and 09
uofdmik2008
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:35 pm

Welcome Adrian!

I've not seen him play (now I really have to drive the 30 miles over to Pickerington this year), but everything I've read and heard says this is a real good commitment. The Titans offered Adrian almost a year ago--he's not some back-up target we're turning to because the guys we really wanted said no. It's true that we didn't have to steal Nelson away from high majors offers, but he had lots of mid-majors offer--including half the Horizon--and schools including Georgetown, Dayton, and Tennessee had scouted the young man. 270 Hoops, a scouting service for Central Ohio, calls him "one of the more intriguing wing/guards," and that's meant in a good way. He is said to be a very good defensive player. Seems to me he's a solid recruit with a high upside.

A lot of talent has been passing through Pickerington lately--Caris LaVert, Ohio State senior Jae-Sean Tate (twice All B10 HM), Jalen Tate (started as a freshman last year at Northern Kentucky), Sterling Manley (a freshman this year at North Carolina), and Jeremiah Francis (one of the top players in the nation for the class of 2019--the Titans offered early but he's already verballed to North Carolina) among them. The Titans are reportedly interested in Adrian's Class of '19 teammate, Coleton Landis, a 6-7 PF.

Very happy that Adrian wants to join the Titan family. Early signing period, by the way, is Nov. 8-15.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Prep Hoops Ohio also ranks Nelson in the top 10 players in the Buckeye State.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby titanmac » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:22 pm

i think he's still growing?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Hoopster_Now_In_DC » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:54 am

This kid plays both sides of the floor well. It'll be nice to follow him this season.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UwkujMyvGZU
Hoopster_Now_In_DC
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball