New look for Calihan Hall press row area

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

New look for Calihan Hall press row area

Postby Rogobob77 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Passing through Calihan today I noticed a new addition in front of the section (east side) where the press, stat crew and radio/TV broadcasters typically sit. The school has procured a series of interlocked high-definition video display screens that will be positioned in the front/bottom of this area. They appeared to be in test mode this afternoon and had rotating images of advertisements, game promotions, etc. Something you see at most arenas nowadays, but I think it will make that section of Calihan look much snazzier. Might generate some advertising revenue too.

As previously mentioned on this message board, the position of the center court Titan shield image was rotated 180 degrees when the floor was resurfaced a few months ago. For television, overview cameras will now be positioned on the west side of Calihan, facing the team bench, coaches area, and press row with the above-described upgrade. I think this will present much better on televised broadcasts of Titan basketball. (I know the bleacher area directly behind the Titan bench has restricted seating and can sometimes be sparsely filled, perhaps some thought will be given to making sure there are always a good number of fans seated in that section.)
Rogobob77
Senior

Re: New look for Calihan Hall press row area

Postby TerryTylerFan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 pm

Nice! Sometimes little things can mean a lot.
TerryTylerFan
Senior

Re: New look for Calihan Hall press row area

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:47 am

TerryTylerFan wrote:Nice! Sometimes little things can mean a lot.

It really can. This is a seemingly small but important improvement.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball