Titans MBB marketing & promotions schedule for 2017-18

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Titans MBB marketing & promotions schedule for 2017-18

Postby TerryTylerFan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:On last Monday’s Titan Coaches radio show, it was mentioned that Jeremiah Hergott was leaving his position as Director of Athletic Marketing & Promotions. He is moving on to a similar position with the local United Shores Professional Baseball League.

I wish him the best. I appreciated his help in my limited interactions with him, and I know he worked very hard on the 40th reunion event last year.
TerryTylerFan
Senior

Postby titanmike » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:00 am

I have a complaint that I am thinking of passing on. Want opinion. So I have taken my daughter and a friend to a couple of games this year. The friend on two occasions was given the opportunity to participate in an activity on court. Both times she lost the competition. Wouldn't it be customary or at least smart to offer a consolation prize? I mean come on, are we not trying to bring fans back to the game, to have young people remember a positive experience? With all of the T-Shirts given away, seems to me like that would be an easy consolation prize. A $10 gift card for a sponsor?
titanmike
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:09 am

Rogobob77 wrote:I received a postcard in the mail today promoting the Alumni Chili Cook-Off, the event taking place in the Student Fitness Center prior to the February 24 game against Green Bay.

I heard that in addition to alumni, beginning this year current students will be invited to attend the event at a discounted rate. I think that as a good idea as it will possibly promote some interaction between students and alumni.

If you are an alum, student or friend of the school, I encourage you to attend. $20 gets you a ticket to the game and the pre-game spread goes beyond just chili sampling, there is typically burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, etc, and beverages including beer and wine. Kids 10 and under are free. Tickets for Detroit Mercy students will be $10. Student Alumni Association members will be present to run a game zone for the kids, students, young alums and anyone who is interested in participating.

There are only two Saturday home games remaining for the MBB team, the match with Oakland and the finale against Green Bay. Generally the chili cook-off draws about 400 people, and it will be nice to have a few extra fans for what will be Senior Day.

I was drafted to be the Alumni Chili Chef representing the College of Liberal Arts & Education this year. In addition to the other University academic components, the Titan Club also is represented in the contest.

I didn't know we were playing the school up north at home twice this year.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:11 am

Good point, Mike. Something would be nice. Or a voucher for 2 free tickets to a future game.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby udballer » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:16 am

Tacitus651 wrote:Good point, Mike. Something would be nice. Or a voucher for 2 free tickets to a future game.

Not a bad idea. If attendance weren't putrid, I'd say that she lost the competition and her consolation prize was participating on the court during a D1 college basketball game. However, we need more than 500 people in the seats so I'd start offering free ticket vouchers to everyone who was able to walk to their seat without falling.
udballer
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:17 am

upbasketballfan wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:I received a postcard in the mail today promoting the Alumni Chili Cook-Off, the event taking place in the Student Fitness Center prior to the February 24 game against Green Bay.

I heard that in addition to alumni, beginning this year current students will be invited to attend the event at a discounted rate. I think that as a good idea as it will possibly promote some interaction between students and alumni.

If you are an alum, student or friend of the school, I encourage you to attend. $20 gets you a ticket to the game and the pre-game spread goes beyond just chili sampling, there is typically burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, etc, and beverages including beer and wine. Kids 10 and under are free. Tickets for Detroit Mercy students will be $10. Student Alumni Association members will be present to run a game zone for the kids, students, young alums and anyone who is interested in participating.

There are only two Saturday home games remaining for the MBB team, the match with Oakland and the finale against Green Bay. Generally the chili cook-off draws about 400 people, and it will be nice to have a few extra fans for what will be Senior Day.

I was drafted to be the Alumni Chili Chef representing the College of Liberal Arts & Education this year. In addition to the other University academic components, the Titan Club also is represented in the contest.

I didn't know we were playing the school up north at home twice this year.

The post you quoted was written on January 2, prior to the Oakland home game played on January 20.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby titanmike » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:33 am

udballer wrote:
Tacitus651 wrote:Good point, Mike. Something would be nice. Or a voucher for 2 free tickets to a future game.

Not a bad idea. If attendance weren't putrid, I'd say that she lost the competition and her consolation prize was participating on the court during a D1 college basketball game. However, we need more than 500 people in the seats so I'd start offering free ticket vouchers to everyone who was able to walk to their seat without falling.

I am just thinking if you can throw a t-shirt into the stands, why not at least make sure it gets in a persons hands by offering as consolation prize then a chance miss into empty rows.
titanmike
Senior

Postby udballer » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:52 am

titanmike wrote:
udballer wrote:

I am just thinking if you can throw a t-shirt into the stands, why not at least make sure it gets in a persons hands by offering as consolation prize then a chance miss into empty rows.

I don't disagree. It's a legitimate suggestion. One less tee shirt thrown to the same 6-8 people in the stands would make sense.
udballer
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:39 am

Do schools not have Sports Information Directors anymore? That seemed to be a pretty big title before. Is that the same as Director of Athletic Communications? I understand these days its less about building relationships with reporters and getting coverage on TV and newspapers, and more social media.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby TitanONeill » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:07 am

Agreed Mike. The AD needs to do something to make the outings family events. The lack of marketing and promotions is awful. Whatever happened to the fly dogs? the mascot game? Professor Titan? Hire a Marvel Character and Princess, and have superhero/princess night or something (we just went to a city rec event where Spider-Man and Wonder Woman showed up). Things that would cater to the family. Have more games on weekends as well.

A winning product to watch wouldn't hurt either.
TitanONeill
Freshman

Postby bctitans1987 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:13 pm

He left to go to a minor, minor, minor baseball league. That's not a promotion. He sucked and couldn't get a job anywhere else. Good riddance!
bctitans1987
Senior

Postby TitanTarHeel » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:06 am

BCT is clearly an example of one of our fine educated, refined, polite 'man for others' that is always looking to live AMDG.

With hurt feelings like this, Commish and I will put on our tin foil hats and suspect something occurred like he stole BCT's girl or dog.
TitanTarHeel
Senior

Postby bctitans1987 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:04 pm

It was the dog...
bctitans1987
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:41 pm

A reminder that the deadline to register for the Alumni Chili Cook-off is this Wednesday (February 14). Here’s a summary of the details I received in an email from the University earlier today.

Join us for the annual Alumni Chili Cook-off, followed by Titan Men’s basketball vs. Green Bay.

Bring your school spirit, get your grub on, and cast your vote for the best chili!

Saturday, February 24
Chili Cook-off
12:30 - 2 p.m.
Student Fitness Center
Featuring eight alumni chili chefs: One for each college and school, and one Titan Club.

Ticket Costs:
Standard Admission (Pre-registration) — $20
Day of registration — $25
Students — $10 (Call 313-993-1540 to register)
Children 10 & under — FREE

Admission includes food, beer and wine bar, family-friendly activities, and a ticket to the men’s basketball game.
Rogobob77
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball