Titans MBB marketing & promotions schedule for 2017-18

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Titans MBB marketing & promotions schedule for 2017-18

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:36 pm

The marketing and promotions schedule for the upcoming MBB season is starting to trickle out. Here’s what I’ve seen so far:

November 4 (exhibition vs. Wayne St.) - City College Series to Benefit Detroit Public Schools

November 13 (vs. UM-Dearborn) - Veterans Day

November 25 (vs. Siena Heights) - Small Business Saturday

December 9 (vs. Western Michigan) - Titan Baseball Reunion

January 20 (vs. Oakland) - 20th Reunion of the 1997-98 MBB Team

February 24 (vs. Green Bay) - Alumni Chili Cookoff
Rogobob77
Senior

Re: Titans MBB marketing & promotions schedule for 2017-18

Postby JimmyChitwood » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:05 am

WHAT??!? No Fly Dogs??! WTF??!? Attendance is going to take a hit.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Update for marketing and promotions schedule:

November 4 (exhibition vs. Wayne St.) - City College Series to Benefit Detroit Public Schools

November 25 (vs. Siena Heights) - Small Business Saturday

December 6 (vs. Toledo) - Game of Thrones Night

December 16 (vs. Michigan) - Motor City Madness at LCA

December 19 (vs. ETSU) - Special Needs Camper Night

December 22 (vs. Murray St.) - Community Christmas Party

January 5 (vs. Wright St.) - Motown Night

January 7 (vs. NKU) - Tommy Titan’s Birthday Party

January 10 (vs. Cleveland St.) - Greek Life Night

January 20 (vs. Oakland) - Metro Series + 20th Reunion of the 1997 MBB Team

February 24 (vs. Green Bay) - Alumni Chili Cookoff
Last edited by Rogobob77 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:28 pm

Tomorrow will be "Small Business Saturday" and the game will be FREE for all fans as Detroit Mercy continues to celebrate 65 years of Calihan Hall. Fans will also receive a FREE coupon to use at more than 40 Downtown Ferndale retailers, restaurants, and service providers that are participating in Small Business Saturday.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:58 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:Tomorrow will be "Small Business Saturday" and the game will be FREE for all fans as Detroit Mercy continues to celebrate 65 years of Calihan Hall. Fans will also receive a FREE coupon to use at more than 40 Downtown Ferndale retailers, restaurants, and service providers that are participating in Small Business Saturday.

Is there a Macaroni Grill in Ferndale yet?
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:01 pm

i can't wait til they bring back the fly dogs! my favorite!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 pm

titanmac wrote:i can't wait til they bring back the fly dogs! my favorite!

Mac, you should have traveled to VaTech. Half-time was a gymnast -- and his dog.
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Update for marketing and promotions schedule:

Completed:

November 25 (vs. Siena Heights) - Small Business Saturday + free admission

Upcoming games:

December 6 (vs. Toledo) - Section 313: Game of Thrones Night

December 16 (vs. Michigan) - Motor City Madness at LCA

December 19 (vs. ETSU) - Special Needs Camper Night

December 22 (vs. Murray St.) - Community Christmas Party sponsored by HAP

January 5 (vs. Wright St.) - Motown Night + Alumni Dance Team

January 7 (vs. NKU) - Tommy Titan’s Birthday Party + Dance Team Mini-Clinic

January 10 (vs. Cleveland St.) - Greek Life Night

January 12 (vs. Youngstown St.) - EDM Party + Food Trucks + Culture Night

January 20 (vs. Oakland) - Metro Series + 20th Reunion of the 1997 MBB Team

February 2 (vs. IUPUI) - Detroit Historical Society + City of Detroit Alumni Night

February 4 (vs. UIC) - Junior Titans Youth Day

February 22 (vs. Milwaukee) - Last Chance LCA

February 24 (vs. Green Bay) - Alumni Chili Cook-off + Senior Day + Letter Winners + AD Honor Roll
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:15 pm

The Titans are offering a package of tickets to four MAC games for $20:

Dec. 6 – Men's Basketball vs. Toledo (7 p.m.)
Dec. 9 – Men's Basketball vs. Western Michigan (2 p.m.)
Dec. 17 – Women's Basketball vs. Eastern Michigan (Noon)
Dec. 21 – Women's Basketball vs. Toledo (5 p.m.)
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:12 am

Looking ahead to the next home game, I am reminded that the matchup with Wright State will be on ESPNU. Tip time still TBD, either 7:00 or 9:00 PM. Hope we have a plan in place and are making a concerted effort to get some extra fannies in the seats for that nationally televised game. Two full weeks to prepare.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:31 am

Our only hope of cracking 2000 in attendance is letting in bums for free and including a free meal.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:37 am

I will spring for the free meal for Tacitus at the game if he will say something nice about the team and the coaches.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:Looking ahead to the next home game, I am reminded that the matchup with Wright State will be on ESPNU. Tip time still TBD, either 7:00 or 9:00 PM. Hope we have a plan in place and are making a concerted effort to get some extra fannies in the seats for that nationally televised game. Two full weeks to prepare.

Referencing Iona’s and ESPN’s websites, looks like the Gael’s game against St. Peter’s will be broadcast on ESPNU at 7:00 PM on 1/5/18. Assume that the Titans will tip against Wright St. at 9:00 PM.

Speaking of WSU, the Raiders had a nice win over Georgia Tech last night, appears they might be ready to make some noise in the Horizon League.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:54 pm

StJoeUofD wrote:I will spring for the free meal for Tacitus at the game if he will say something nice about the team and the coaches.

It's a good team talent wise. Definitely enough talent to compete in HL. But, bad leadership all around. Awful president, incompetent AD, and a HC that thinks he can just send good vibes into the universe and we will somehow win games.

We have talent, especially the kids remaining from Ray's tenure. Good kids, too. I feel bad they're in this mess to be honest.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:42 pm

That was close, but probably only worth a backhanded condiment hot dog. I do agree with some of the things you say, Tacitus. Some of your sharpest wit does keep me coming back. Happy Holidays!
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:12 pm

JimmyChitwood wrote:WHAT??!? No Fly Dogs??! WTF??!? Attendance is going to take a hit.

I called it.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:17 am

Perhaps a bit off topic, but the following is what the University’s theatre program is doing to market and promote their next play. I have long been a supporter of both athletics and theatre over the years. Although operating a bit under the radar, I think the Theatre Company makes more of an effort to reach out to the community and build an audience, both through the use of social media and programming special events:

Events & Special Engagements for A Bright New Boise
Extend Your Experience

Jan. 31 @ 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Join Detroit Mercy Theatre Company and the cast of A Bright New Boise at the Royal Oak Public Library for "Anatomy of a Scene" - A movie scene. A scene from a play. How do scenes work? The University of Detroit Mercy Theatre Company will present an interactive experience about the making of a scene using parts of their production of A Bright New Boise written by Samuel D. Hunter. Learn how a scene is crafted to help move a story forward. Discover how information is presented becomes just as important as the information itself. Uncover how everything is a conscious choice of the writer or director and how each choice brings out meaning.

Feb. 7 @ 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Join Detroit Mercy Theatre Company and the cast of A Bright New Boise at Ferndale Area District Library for "Community Show and Tell: Music that Inspires." Join us and share a song or piece of music that inspires you or your life. This is indeed show and tell, so bring your inspirational piece of music and wax poetic with the Ferndale community about how and why it excites and ignites your soul.

Feb. 10 @ 7:30 pm
Join us after the performance for an afterglow reception following performance.

Feb. 11 @ 3:00 pm
Join us after the performance in the theatre for a post-show discussion: "A Reason to Believe" - Explore with us as we examine reasons why people believe in God. A psychologist, philosopher, and two cast members will take us on an in-depth exploration on belief in a higher power despite life's challenges, struggles and conflicts. Join us as our Detroit Theatre Discussion Project delves into thought provoking insights inspired by our production of Samuel D. Hunter's A Bright New Boise.

Feb. 17 @ 7:30 pm
Community Night: All tickets are $10.

Feb. 18 @ 3:00 pm
Join us after the performance in the theatre for a post-show discussion: "The Architect of the Actor" - In the style of Inside the Actors Studio, join us for a post-show interview with two cast members of A Bright New Boise. Learn about what inspires their work, influences their craft, mentors that encourage their life, and their process for creating their role in this production. If you've ever wanted in-depth insights into the actor, you surely won't want to miss this discussion.

Feb. 23 @ 7:30 pm
Community Night: All tickets are $10.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:43 pm

DETROIT (1/2/2018) -- Detroit Mercy fans can ring in the New Year with Titan basketball and take advantage of several men's and women's basketball ticket promotions for the rest of this season.

Welcome Back to Calihan Hall:
Purchase a ticket to a men's or women's basketball January home game at Calihan Hall and receive a free ticket for a home game in February

Calihan Hall 65th Anniversary Promotion:
$65 ticket for all Horizon League men's basketball games (a savings of $70)
Also includes one (1) guest pass for Titan Club Room (one time use of any game of your choice)

Calihan Hall 6 for 5:
Purchase Five (5) Horizon League games and get the sixth game free
Rates start at $20 for WBB and $25 for MBB
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby UDDRUMMER » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Bring back the Blues Brothers and the Professor.
I got a fever..the only prescription is more COWBELL!

UDM Alum Class of 2012
http://youtu.be/fyV2cPLuFuA
UDDRUMMER
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:18 pm

I received a postcard in the mail today promoting the Alumni Chili Cook-Off, the event taking place in the Student Fitness Center prior to the February 24 game against Green Bay.

I heard that in addition to alumni, beginning this year current students will be invited to attend the event at a discounted rate. I think that as a good idea as it will possibly promote some interaction between students and alumni.

If you are an alum, student or friend of the school, I encourage you to attend. $20 gets you a ticket to the game and the pre-game spread goes beyond just chili sampling, there is typically burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, etc, and beverages including beer and wine. Kids 10 and under are free. Tickets for Detroit Mercy students will be $10. Student Alumni Association members will be present to run a game zone for the kids, students, young alums and anyone who is interested in participating.

There are only two Saturday home games remaining for the MBB team, the match with Oakland and the finale against Green Bay. Generally the chili cook-off draws about 400 people, and it will be nice to have a few extra fans for what will be Senior Day.

I was drafted to be the Alumni Chili Chef representing the College of Liberal Arts & Education this year. In addition to the other University academic components, the Titan Club also is represented in the contest.
Rogobob77
Senior

Next

Return to Men's Basketball