Seroius Subject

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Seroius Subject

Postby titanmac » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:41 am

i think you both need to enter the 21st century. what a waste of energy. your both right and your both wrong. so what. the problem of the rco's personified right here in titan town! warms my heart.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:17 pm

While many try to misdirect the meaning and purpose of the protest, without the kneeling its likely we would be having much less of a discussion about race, if less of a discussion were possible. By making it about the flag, patriotism, the military we suppress the the real issue. Lets talk about why they are kneeling and not whether they should. Kneeling is the least they can be doing to raise the issue.

Btw, is it still too early after Las Vegas (etc.) to talk about gun control or restricting sales of machine guns? Maybe we need to wait until after the next massacre, or the one after that, or the one after that to talk about it.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby 77-85Titan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:46 pm

I'm not taking a stance here, but there are 2 things

1) This is an employment issue. If you were a bank teller and you wanted to wear a pro or anti abortion t-shirt do you think they would let you? Of course not, you are an employee. Football players choose to be employed as football players and are employed by a company with rules. If the employer says Ok to kneel then go ahead. If not, they can choose to not work there. The first amendment has nothing to do with this.

2) Each player is in essence a corporation. A corporation that makes $2-5 Million a year. Viewership, ticket sales and revenue are down and those corporations (the individual players) stand to take a pay cut if it continues. If they are willing to take that risk, fine. The fans appear to be voting that protesting is a bad idea.
77-85Titan
Senior

Postby udballer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:57 pm

77-85Titan wrote:I'm not taking a stance here, but there are 2 things

1) This is an employment issue. If you were a bank teller and you wanted to wear a pro or anti abortion t-shirt do you think they would let you?

Who makes pro-abortion t-shirts? I doubt anyone would wear one of those. :D
udballer
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball