2017-18 Titan Prediction Contest

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

2017-18 Titan Prediction Contest

Postby Commissioner » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:58 pm

The season is two weeks away, and it's time for the Fourth Annual Commissioner's Cup, the most prestigious and longest consecutively held Titan prediction contest in the nation. Defending champion HS Scout says, "nothing in my life has matched the thrill of claiming the Commissioner's Cup. I didn't cross it off my bucket list--that was my bucket list." Bacari Alexander says, "if only I weren't coach, I could play." Make your picks for the questions below.

All entries due by 5:00 p.m ET, Friday, Nov. 10. You can send predictions to me privately or post them in this thread. At the end of the year, the Commissioner's Cup, a lovely styrofoam cup with the word "Champion" written on it in indelible magic marker, will have added to it the name of the winner, alongside the names of past champions.

1. What will be the Titans final regular season W-L record (31 regular season games)?

2. What will be the Titans final regular season conference W-L record (18 games)?

3. What place will the Titans finish in the conference regular season standings?

4. How far will the Titans advance in the Horizon League Tournament?

5. Which 5 Titans will start the most games?

For questions 6-13, a player must appear in three-quarters of Titan games to qualify:
6. Who will be the Titans leading scorer per game?

7. Who will be the Titans leading rebounder per game?

8. Who will be the Titans leader in assists per game?

9. Who will be the Titans leader in blocks per game?

10. Who will be the Titans leader in steals per game?

11. Who will be the Titans leader in field goal percentage (min. 5 attempts per game)?

12. Who will be the Titans leader in 3 point field goal percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)?

13. Who will be the Titans leader in free throw percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)?

14. Which Titan player will be called for the most fouls this season?

15. Which Titan walk-on (Carter, Joubert, Gjysma, Ollie) will play the most minutes this year?

16. Which of the following Titans will play the most minutes: Jack Ballantyne, Malik Eichler, Isaiah Jones, Tariq Jones, Cole Long?

17. Which Titans will score at least 25 points in a game this season, and how many times?

18. Which Titans will make an all-conference team (first or second team all conference, all defense, or all freshman)?

19. Name Titans' biggest margin of victory and opponent (D-I opponents only):

20. Name Titans' biggest margin of defeat and opponent:

21. What will be the Titans' average official home game attendance?
a. Under 2000
b. 2000-2499
c. 2500-2999
d. 3000 or more

22. What will be Titans' final RPI rank?

23. Who will win the Horizon regular season title?

24. Who will win the Horizon League Tournament?

25. Who will win and what will be the final score of Oakland at Detroit, January 20? (This question is also the tie-breaker: First tie-breaker is winner, second tie-breaker is closest to final score).
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Re: 2017-18 Titan Prediction Contest

Postby MooseGuy1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:24 pm

So, you're using "indelible" marker this time?! Well, there goes the budget!

I need to think about this before I post my predictions. I definitely want the Cup this year.

1. 31-0

2. 18-0

3. 1st Place.

4. We will win it...duh!

5. Corey Allen, Jaleel Hogan, Josh McFolley, Kameron Chatman, Gerald Blackshear. Jackson might end up with a lot of starts, too. This is the most difficult prediction for me.

6. Corey Allen

7. Hogan

8. McFolley

9. Chatman

10. McFolley

11. Hogan

12. Allen

13. Allen

14. Hogan

15. Ed Carter III

16. Cole Long

17. Allen

18. Hogan, Allen, McFolley, Jermaine Jackson Jr.

19. 41 points, Oakland at home.

20. Not happening. Pointless question.

21. D. We'll start with smaller crowds but excitement will build as we string together wins.

22. 1

23. Titans

24. Titans

25. Detroit Titans 101 Oakland 60.

You might as well just put my name on the cup now. I feel very optimistic...sanguine, even. But that might just be the Valium.

This is going to be a really big year. I'd bet all Mac's money on it.

Although he didn't make the cut on any of my answers, I'm feeling good about DeShawndre Black. He'll surprise us with some valuable minutes. Eichler will be much better this year, too.

This is going to be fun.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:55 pm

We have a winner! Entries closed.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:12 am

Moose is the best.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby udballer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:29 am

1. What will be the Titans final regular season W-L record (31 regular season games)? 21-10

2. What will be the Titans final regular season conference W-L record (18 games)? 12-6

3. What place will the Titans finish in the conference regular season standings? 3rd

4. How far will the Titans advance in the Horizon League Tournament? Semifinals

5. Which 5 Titans will start the most games? McFolley, Allen, Hogan, Prince, Chatman

For questions 6-13, a player must appear in three-quarters of Titan games to qualify:
6. Who will be the Titans leading scorer per game? Chatman

7. Who will be the Titans leading rebounder per game? Chatman

8. Who will be the Titans leader in assists per game? McFolley

9. Who will be the Titans leader in blocks per game? Blackshear

10. Who will be the Titans leader in steals per game? McFolley

11. Who will be the Titans leader in field goal percentage (min. 5 attempts per game)? Hogan

12. Who will be the Titans leader in 3 point field goal percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)? Allen

13. Who will be the Titans leader in free throw percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)? Jackson Jr

14. Which Titan player will be called for the most fouls this season? Hogan

15. Which Titan walk-on (Carter, Joubert, Gjysma, Ollie) will play the most minutes this year? Ollie

16. Which of the following Titans will play the most minutes: Jack Ballantyne, Malik Eichler, Isaiah Jones, Tariq Jones, Cole Long? Ballantyne

17. Which Titans will score at least 25 points in a game this season, and how many times? Chatman (5), Allen (4), McFolley (2), Hogan (2)

18. Which Titans will make an all-conference team (first or second team all conference, all defense, or all freshman)? Chatman, Allen, Hogan, Jackson Jr

19. Name Titans' biggest margin of victory and opponent (D-I opponents only): IUPUI @ Calihan. Win by 31.

20. Name Titans' biggest margin of defeat and opponent: @UCLA. Long trip and they score too much. Lose by 27.

a. Under 2000
b. 2000-2499
c. 2500-2999
d. 3000 or more

22. What will be Titans' final RPI rank? 88

23. Who will win the Horizon regular season title? Oakland

24. Who will win the Horizon League Tournament? Northern Kentucky

25. Who will win and what will be the final score of Oakland at Detroit, January 20? (This question is also the tie-breaker: First tie-breaker is winner, second tie-breaker is closest to final score). Detroit Mercy Titans - 80, Oakland College Pioneers - 73
udballer
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:06 pm

1. What will be the Titans final regular season W-L record (31 regular season games)? 23-8

2. What will be the Titans final regular season conference W-L record (18 games)? 13-5

3. What place will the Titans finish in the conference regular season standings? 2nd

5. Which 5 Titans will start the most games? McFolley, Allen, Hogan, Prince, Chatman

6. Who will be the Titans leading scorer per game? McFolley

7. Who will be the Titans leading rebounder per game? Hogan

9. Who will be the Titans leader in blocks per game? Chatman

11. Who will be the Titans leader in field goal percentage (min. 5 attempts per game)? Hogan

12. Who will be the Titans leader in 3 point field goal percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)? McFolley

13. Who will be the Titans leader in free throw percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)? McFolley

15. Which Titan walk-on (Carter, Joubert, Gjysma, Ollie) will play the most minutes this year? Carter

16. Which of the following Titans will play the most minutes: Jack Ballantyne, Malik Eichler, Isaiah Jones, Tariq Jones, Cole Long? Ballantyne

17. Which Titans will score at least 25 points in a game this season, and how many times? McFolley 4, Allen 3, Hogan 2

18. Which Titans will make an all-conference team (first or second team all conference, all defense, or all freshman)? McFolley, Allen, Hogan, Jackson Jr

19. Name Titans' biggest margin of victory and opponent (D-I opponents only): 26 over Toledo

20. Name Titans' biggest margin of defeat and opponent: UCLA loss by 21

21. What will be the Titans' average official home game attendance? B
a. Under 2000
b. 2000-2499
c. 2500-2999
d. 3000 or more

22. What will be Titans' final RPI rank? 79

23. Who will win the Horizon regular season title? UIC

24. Who will win the Horizon League Tournament? UIC

25. Who will win and what will be the final score of Oakland at Detroit, January 20? (This question is also the tie-breaker: First tie-breaker is winner, second tie-breaker is closest to final score). Detroit Mercy 81 Chokeland 74

BONUS PREDICTION: Joseph Schiele (he's the scumbag OU professor that was having wild parties at his house, giving drugs to students, and mostly likely engaging with them sexually) will be convicted in criminal court and sentenced to 7 years in prison.
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:25 pm

1. What will be the Titans final regular season W-L record (31 regular season games)? 22-9

2. What will be the Titans final regular season conference W-L record (18 games)? 14-4

3. What place will the Titans finish in the conference regular season standings? 2
4. How far will the Titans advance in the Horizon League Tournament? Champions

5. Which 5 Titans will start the most games? Hogan, Prince, Allen, McFolley, Chatman

6. Who will be the Titans leading scorer per game? Allen

7. Who will be the Titans leading rebounder per game? Prince

9. Who will be the Titans leader in blocks per game? Prince

10. Who will be the Titans leader in steals per game? Chatman

12. Who will be the Titans leader in 3 point field goal percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)? Allen

13. Who will be the Titans leader in free throw percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)? Jackson

15. Which Titan walk-on (Carter, Joubert, Gjysma, Ollie) will play the most minutes this year? Carter

16. Which of the following Titans will play the most minutes: Jack Ballantyne, Malik Eichler, Isaiah Jones, Tariiq Jones, Cole Long? I Jones

17. Which Titans will score at least 25 points in a game this season, and how many times? Allen (4), Hogan (3), McFolley (2), Chatman (1)

18. Which Titans will make an all-conference team (first or second team all conference, all defense, or all freshman)? Hogan, Allen, Jackson

19. Name Titans' biggest margin of victory and opponent (D-I opponents only): Fort Wayne, 28

20. Name Titans' biggest margin of defeat and opponent: UCLA, 17

a. Under 2000
b. 2000-2499
c. 2500-2999 ****
d. 3000 or more

22. What will be Titans' final RPI rank? 113

23. Who will win the Horizon regular season title? NoKy

24. Who will win the Horizon League Tournament? Detroit

25. Who will win and what will be the final score of Oakland at Detroit, January 20? (This question is also the tie-breaker: First tie-breaker is winner, second tie-breaker is closest to final score). Detroit, 88-76
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:35 pm

Commissioner, I misread #17. I'd like to amend the answer about who will score 25 a game and how many times:

17. Allen (13), McFolley (9), Hogan (4), Chatman (3), Jackson (3), Blackshear (2), Eichler (2),Tariq Jones (2) Prince (2), Ballentyne (2) Black (2), Isaiah Jones (2), Gjysma (1), Long (1), Joubert (1), Carter (1), Ollie (1), We're going to score so many dang points, the fuse in the scoreboard will blow.

By the way, the over/under on Joseph Schiele is 6 years. Take the over. Current jurisprudence tends towards "making examples". I agree with Tacitus that he's probably looking at a solid 7. On the bright side, he'll have a job to go back to; OU is big on second chance projects.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:38 pm

I'll bet he'll make an awesome "pruno". Should be popular with his fellow felons.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby uofdfan1983 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:50 pm

1. 17-14
2. 11-7
3. T. 3
4. Cut the nets down, baby...
5. Hogan, McFolley, Allen, Blackshear, Chatman
6. Allen. First team MCC
7. Blackshear
8. McFly
9. The German Skyscraper
10. McHeist
11. Hogan, Hogan, Hogan, Hogan, Hogan, Hogan....then Hogan
12. Tim Allen
13. Tim the Toolman
14. Please NOT Hogan, please NOT Hogan....(sigh) Jaleel
15. I want to write Judge JR here, but I'll take Ollie North
16. The German Ironman
17. Allen, 8. Hogan, 5. McFly, 4.
18. Allen, Hogan, McSwipe & JJJr
19. Youngstown, 24 pts
20. UCLA, 28 pts
21. b
22. 96
23. Rochester College's whipping boy
24. the real local team to LCA
25. Bald is beautiful 83, Toupee til ridiculous 79
Tom Buysse
Classes of 1983 and 1987
uofdfan1983
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:39 am

MooseGuy1 wrote:Commissioner, I misread #17. I'd like to amend the answer about who will score 25 a game and how many times:

17. Allen (13), McFolley (9), Hogan (4), Chatman (3), Jackson (3), Blackshear (2), Eichler (2),Tariq Jones (2) Prince (2), Ballentyne (2) Black (2), Isaiah Jones (2), Gjysma (1), Long (1), Joubert (1), Carter (1), Ollie (1), We're going to score so many dang points, the fuse in the scoreboard will blow.

By the way, the over/under on Joseph Schiele is 6 years. Take the over. Current jurisprudence tends towards "making examples". I agree with Tacitus that he's probably looking at a solid 7. On the bright side, he'll have a job to go back to; OU is big on second chance projects.

LOL, that's true about OU and second chances. They will probably make him dean of the business school upon return. Your tax dollars at work!
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Commish's picks:

1. What will be the Titans final regular season W-L record (31 regular season games)? 16-15

2. What will be the Titans final regular season conference W-L record (18 games)? 9-9

3. What place will the Titans finish in the conference regular season standings? 5th

4. How far will the Titans advance in the Horizon League Tournament? Finals

5. Which 5 Titans will start the most games? Hogan, Allen, McFolley, Chatman, Prince

6. Who will be the Titans leading scorer per game? Hogan

7. Who will be the Titans leading rebounder per game? Prince

9. Who will be the Titans leader in blocks per game? Hogan

13. Who will be the Titans leader in free throw percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)? McFolley

15. Which Titan walk-on (Carter, Joubert, Gjysma, Ollie) will play the most minutes this year? Joubert

17. Which Titans will score at least 25 points in a game this season, and how many times? McFolley 3, Allen 4, Hogan 2, Chatman 1

18. Which Titans will make an all-conference team (first or second team all conference, all defense, or all freshman)? Hogan, Allen, Jackson.

19. Name Titans' biggest margin of victory and opponent (D-I opponents only): Seattle/26

20. Name Titans' biggest margin of defeat and opponent: UCLA/ 23

21. What will be the Titans' average official home game attendance? 2000-2499
a. Under 2000
b. 2000-2499
c. 2500-2999
d. 3000 or more

22. What will be Titans' final RPI rank? 173

24. Who will win the Horizon League Tournament? Northern Ky.

25. Who will win and what will be the final score of Oakland at Detroit, January 20? (This question is also the tie-breaker: First tie-breaker is winner, second tie-breaker is closest to final score). Oakland 72, Detroit 67.
Commissioner
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:04 am

1. What will be the Titans final regular season W-L record (31 regular season games)? 17-14

2. What will be the Titans final regular season conference W-L record (18 games)? 11-7

3. What place will the Titans finish in the conference regular season standings? 4th

5. Which 5 Titans will start the most games? Allen/Mcfolley/Chatman/Hogan/Prince

6. Who will be the Titans leading scorer per game? Allen

9. Who will be the Titans leader in blocks per game? Hogan

15. Which Titan walk-on (Carter, Joubert, Gjysma, Ollie) will play the most minutes this year? Joubert

16. Which of the following Titans will play the most minutes: Jack Ballantyne, Malik Eichler, Isaiah Jones, Tariq Jones, Cole Long? Eichler

17. Which Titans will score at least 25 points in a game this season, and how many times? Allen (8); Hogan (4); McFolley (3); Chatman (2)

18. Which Titans will make an all-conference team (first or second team all conference, all defense, or all freshman)? 2nd team: Allen; All D: McFolley; Freshman: JJ Jr

19. Name Titans' biggest margin of victory and opponent (D-I opponents only): Seattle: 21 points

20. Name Titans' biggest margin of defeat and opponent: Va Tech: 23 points

a. Under 2000
b. 2000-2499
c. 2500-2999
d. 3000 or more

22. What will be Titans' final RPI rank? 198

24. Who will win the Horizon League Tournament? Oakland

25. Who will win and what will be the final score of Oakland at Detroit, January 20? (This question is also the tie-breaker: First tie-breaker is winner, second tie-breaker is closest to final score).
Oakland 88-82
HSScout1
Senior

Postby uofdmik2008 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:39 pm

1. What will be the Titans final regular season W-L record (31 regular season games)? 20-10

2. What will be the Titans final regular season conference W-L record (18 games)? 14-4

3. What place will the Titans finish in the conference regular season standings? 2nd

4. How far will the Titans advance in the Horizon League Tournament? We are the Champs

5. Which 5 Titans will start the most games? Chatman, Hogan, Allen, Jackson, Prince

6. Who will be the Titans leading scorer per game? Chatman

8. Who will be the Titans leader in assists per game? Jackson

9. Who will be the Titans leader in blocks per game? Jones

13. Who will be the Titans leader in free throw percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)? Jackson

17. Which Titans will score at least 25 points in a game this season, and how many times? Chatman 5, Allen 3, Hogan 2, McFolley 2, Jackson 2

18. Which Titans will make an all-conference team (first or second team all conference, all defense, or all freshman)? Chatman, Hogan, Allen, Jackson

19. Name Titans' biggest margin of victory and opponent (D-I opponents only): IUPUI 20

20. Name Titans' biggest margin of defeat and opponent: 25 UCLA

21. What will be the Titans' average official home game attendance? c
a. Under 2000
b. 2000-2499
c. 2500-2999
d. 3000 or more

22. What will be Titans' final RPI rank? 68

25. Who will win and what will be the final score of Oakland at Detroit, January 20? (This question is also the tie-breaker: First tie-breaker is winner, second tie-breaker is closest to final score). Detroit 98-95
Mik

University of Detroit Mercy alum 08 and 09
uofdmik2008
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Now that we've all seen what the Titans can do, it's time for a few more folks to get those predictions in!

The prestigious Commissioner's Cup

Predictions are due before tip-off on Friday.
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Notsosmart » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:32 pm

I've never entered before but seeing the "CUP" I might have to enter
Notsosmart
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Notsosmart wrote:I've never entered before but seeing the "CUP" I might have to enter

You know you want to see your screen name there, right below Livernois Magic and HS Scout.

In fact, all of you know that.
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Only 72 hours to get your picks in!
Commissioner
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:11 pm

1. What will be the Titans final regular season W-L record (31 regular season games)? 23-8

3. What place will the Titans finish in the conference regular season standings? Second

4. How far will the Titans advance in the Horizon League Tournament? Finals

5. Which 5 Titans will start the most games? Hogan,Chatman,Mcfolley,Allen,Jackson

6. Who will be the Titans leading scorer per game? Jackson

8. Who will be the Titans leader in assists per game? Jackson

9. Who will be the Titans leader in blocks per game? Chatman

11. Who will be the Titans leader in field goal percentage (min. 5 attempts per game)? Prince

13. Who will be the Titans leader in free throw percentage (min. 2 attempts per game)? T.Jones

16. Which of the following Titans will play the most minutes: Jack Ballantyne, Malik Eichler, Isaiah Jones, Tariq Jones, Cole Long? Tariq Jones

17. Which Titans will score at least 25 points in a game this season, and how many times? Jackson X3,Chatman X2,Hogan X1

18. Which Titans will make an all-conference team (first or second team all conference, all defense, or all freshman)? Hogan,Jackson,Mcfolley,Allen,Chatman

19. Name Titans' biggest margin of victory and opponent (D-I opponents only): IUPUI 15

20. Name Titans' biggest margin of defeat and opponent: UCLA 35

21. What will be the Titans' average official home game attendance? B.2000-2499
a. Under 2000
b. 2000-2499
c. 2500-2999
d. 3000 or more

22. What will be Titans' final RPI rank? 120

25. Who will win and what will be the final score of Oakland at Detroit, January 20? (This question is also the tie-breaker: First tie-breaker is winner, second tie-breaker is closest to final score).[/quote]
Detroit 82-76
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Less than 48 hours to get those picks in!
Commissioner
Senior

Next

Return to Men's Basketball