All time titan traitor team

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

All time titan traitor team

Postby R.B.J1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:48 pm

Throughout the years we have had many great players transfer into our program, we haven't experienced many players leaving UofD and having great success elsewhere. Here is my team of titan traitors who have had success at other schools.

F-Canochet Neves (New Mexico)
F-Darrian Mckinney (Central Michigan)
F-Mike Aaron (Wayne State)
G-Jon McIntyre (Missouri)
G-Kevin Smith (Michigan State)
R.B.J1
Senior

Re: All time titan traitor team

Postby Tacitus651 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:39 pm

Honorable Mention for Ack Attack. While he did not leave, it would have made zero difference even if he had.
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby candf1980 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:40 pm

Brian Elve did well after he left. Dave Grauzer is in the CMU Hall of Fame. Jason Calliste had a big year at Oregon.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla ... lve-1.html

http://cmuchippewas.cstv.com/sports/m-b ... 02aaa.html

http://www.goducks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5754
candf1980
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Honorable Mention for Ack Attack. While he did not leave, it would have made zero difference even if he had.

Ding-ding-ding-ding...we have a winner!

This kid only played basketball because he was tall, his dad a coach, and scholarship.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby dennycrane » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:21 am

I wouldn't put either Neves or Aaron in this lineup, R. B. and I'll give you my reasons. Neves was from the extreme southwest corner of Colorado and he was transferring home, essentially, by going to New Mexico. We've had a number of players do the same, as you point out, among them Brandon Cotton, Tony Tolbert, Greg Wendt and Greg Grays. I don't fault Neves in the least. In Aaron's case, he transferred down to Division 2 but he played a lot as a Titan. I wouldn't think the reason had to do with playing time but I could be wrong.

I would make this a three guard lineup by putting Calliste in the traitor category. At a time when our program was riding relatively high in 2013, he moved all the way across the country to play one year at Oregon, and gave very late notice of it to boot. As a reserve, I wouldn't say he had a big year with the Ducks but they made the NCAA at least. The second spot , for me, remains vacant.

I don't remember Brian Elve at all.
dennycrane
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:30 am

calvin winfield deserted about the same time as mckinney. mighta been the same year? i thought the moves were kinda strange?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 am

i always had the impression calliste thought he was better than he actually was. he was a great player for us and i loved watching him when he was here. played with grit and determination. just never thought he would make it to the nba. but i think it likely he believed he enhanced his chances by going to the ducks. can't fault him for that. at least i don't. traiterous nevertheless!
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby NC Titan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:42 am

Canochet Neves should also make the all-time Interesting Name team.

What I remember about his what that he was supposed to be an incredible leaper and an awesome dunker. Was he?
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:54 am

a good outtside shot as well, as i remember?

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-12-16/ ... an-indians
titanmac
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:07 pm

dennycrane wrote:
I would make this a three guard lineup by putting Calliste in the traitor category. At a time when our program was riding relatively high in 2013, he moved all the way across the country to play one year at Oregon, and gave very late notice of it to boot. As a reserve, I wouldn't say he had a big year with the Ducks but they made the NCAA at least. The second spot , for me, remains vacant.

Agreed, except I'd note that Calliste actually had quite a good year at Oregon. He shot over 50% from the three (far better than ever at Detroit--I suspect he had more sense of ability to pick his spots), played over 26 minutes a game, and averaged nearly 13 points per game.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:25 pm

dennycrane wrote:I wouldn't put either Neves or Aaron in this lineup, R. B. and I'll give you my reasons. Neves was from the extreme southwest corner of Colorado and he was transferring home, essentially, by going to New Mexico. We've had a number of players do the same, as you point out, among them Brandon Cotton, Tony Tolbert, Greg Wendt and Greg Grays. I don't fault Neves in the least. In Aaron's case, he transferred down to Division 2 but he played a lot as a Titan. I wouldn't think the reason had to do with playing time but I could be wrong.

I don't remember Brian Elve at all.

I don't really view these guys as "traitors", they had to do what was best was for them, I mainly was trying to come up with a catchy subject line. :D
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby kirky313 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:43 pm

For the record, not that a lot of you care but info is info. Pat Akerman is on the staff at Nevada. A grad assistant
UDM,DUKE
kirky313
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball