Top Fat Basketball Players

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Top Fat Basketball Players

Postby Hoopster_Now_In_DC » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:48 am

Hoopster_Now_In_DC
Senior

Re: Top Fat Basketball Players

Postby Tacitus651 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:19 pm

What was the name of that fat kid that played for Green Bay a couple years ago? I swear, the first time I saw him I thought he was the team manager.
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:19 am

I remember one of my favorite all time fat titans." Burger King" Buford.
titanmike
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:38 pm

Fat players are great if they can play and use the weight as an advantage.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby udballer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:57 pm

I liked Matt Stainbrook at Xavier (formerly a WMU Bronco). He tore up the NCAA Tourney a few years back.
udballer
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:14 pm

udballer, I remember this kid. He wore goggles when he played. I also seem to remember that he lost a good bit of weight after he transferred. Am I right or imagining that? I swear it seems like he lost weight after going to Xavier and became a very good player. I don't trust my own memory, though. Maybe he just ditched the goggles or went to a more fashionable version that made him appear slimmer.

No, I've not been drinking.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:49 pm

titanmike wrote:I remember one of my favorite all time fat titans." Burger King" Buford.

It was nearly 30 years ago, but i dont recall Buford as being really fat. The heaviest titans that I recall are Mark Maxwell and Pat Lacy.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby titanmike » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:06 am

R.B.J1 wrote:
titanmike wrote:I remember one of my favorite all time fat titans." Burger King" Buford.

It was nearly 30 years ago, but i dont recall Buford as being really fat. The heaviest titans that I recall are Mark Maxwell and Pat Lacy.

Agree on Snackswell and Lacy, but I am pretty sure Buford was up there hence the nickname given.
titanmike
Senior

Postby udballer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:35 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:udballer, I remember this kid. He wore goggles when he played. I also seem to remember that he lost a good bit of weight after he transferred. Am I right or imagining that? I swear it seems like he lost weight after going to Xavier and became a very good player. I don't trust my own memory, though. Maybe he just ditched the goggles or went to a more fashionable version that made him appear slimmer.

No, I've not been drinking.

You nailed it, Moose. The goggles were a dead giveaway. He did lose quite a bit of weight for Xavier but was still a big boy. Chris Mack also made him lose his trademark knee and elbow pads, in addition to the weight. :D
udballer
Senior

Postby TitanTarHeel » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Maxwell was a finely sculpted adonis, I won't hear otherwise on the matter!! :) Having said that, when the game got uptempo he was certainly gassed after making it up and down the court 1 or 2 or 3 times.

Rick Mahorn in his final go round with the Pistons had filled out nicely. He needed a walker out there to heave his weight, but he still was crafty on the defensive end and would routinely have success with the 'pulling the chair out' move inducing a travel or turnover.
TitanTarHeel
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball