The Moose Virginia Tech Game Preview

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

The Moose Virginia Tech Game Preview

Postby MooseGuy1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:50 pm

The undefeated Detroit Mercy Titans (not counting exhibitions) are in Blacksburg, Virginia to take on the equally undefeated Virginia Tech Hokies for a Friday, November 10th tip off at 6:00 P.M. It should be a cold but sunny day in Blacksburg, with Friday temperatures expected to reach the low 40s.

As we all know, the Titans dropped the annual pre-season City Series match-up with Wayne State this past Saturday, 79-77. Coach Bacari Alexander did not appear worried, explaining yet another loss to a GLIAC team this way: “I’m not worried. We were trying a lot of different combinations. I don’t expect everything to work. It’s a time to gather intelligence on our squad, if you will, something we haven’t had a whole lot of since Njoku graduated. Don’t get me wrong; I’m not saying we have a stupid team. I think Corey Allen, for instance, has a very high IQ. But he was so pissed that he only used half of it to spite me. But I’m confident. Players get better; players get smarter; players get…uh…less fat. With experimentation, you can’t expect everything to be successful. On the other hand, I experimented with a maroon tie and a dark blue sport coat and received nothing but rave reviews.”

The Hokies of VT played an exhibition game for hurricane relief last Sunday, defeating South Carolina on the road in Columbia by a score of 86-67. The Hokies shot nearly 51% from the field, led by a 4-5 performance from forward Kerry Blackshear Jr., leaving some Hokie faithful to remark that they’d not seen that kind of accuracy since Seung-Hui Cho plied his trade on the VT campus.

The Titans opened as 21 point dogs. Last I checked the line had dropped to 19. Still, Virginia Tech is feeling confident, with former Hokie star QB Michael Vick telling a Moose operative, “You know what Hokies do with dogs.” Yikes!*

*Now let me state semi-unequivocally that, contrary to rumors, there is probably no more than a 50-50 chance that Mac is actually offering to broker a sale between the Famous Fly Dogs and Vick.

The over/under is 164 ½. Wow, that seems like a lot to me. If you are foolish enough to wager on this game, take the under and the points. This will be the first of many Titan victories in the 2017-18 season. The Official Moose Prediction (from the newly refurbished headquarters on the shores of Moosehead Lake, Maine—thank you Commissioner!): Detroit-Mercy (take note, Tacitus) Titans 78 Virginia Tech Hokies 75. GO TITANS!!!
MooseGuy1
Senior

Re: The Moose Virginia Tech Game Preview

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Excellent preview. The branding is catching on! Even VT has our name correct on their website.
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Excellent preview. The branding is catching on! Even VT has our name correct on their website.

It is catching on and that's good. At this point, whether you like it or not is not the salient point. It's here to stay for the foreseeable future. Continuity of branding is more important and I'm on board now.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Saw a report on Twitter saying the game is sold out.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:42 pm

DetroitTitans.com game preview article:

http://detroittitans.com/news/2017/11/8 ... ath=mbball

Tips at 6:00 pm, game on ESPN3.
Rogobob77
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball