Bacari suspended

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Bacari suspended

Postby titanmac » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:45 pm

jackson is tge heir apparent and a great choice to continue. he's a winner. he will win here.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior
 
Posts: 4637
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Bacari suspended

Postby JimmyChitwood » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:51 pm

JDetroitTitan wrote:My sources tell me that Bacari is suspended because of some strong language used towards a student or kid that parent(s) worked for the school. That is why he isn’t coaching can anyone verify this?

I don't think anyone can officially verify it, but it appears to be what many have heard.
cjmcgow35 wrote:Steve Bell retweeted this: "From our guy in Michigan, Bacari said some things to one of the players, the player went to the AD, and now they’re strongly considering finding a new coach

https://twitter.com/CoachingChanges/sta ... 8786526213


But its got to me more than just that. I just hope it gets resolved someway soon.
JimmyChitwood
Senior
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Bacari suspended

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:58 pm

uofdfan1983 wrote:Because BA coach's the men's team, not the women's team. It was a player. Don't start making this even worse than it already is. A player talked to his parents and it went from there.


Ok, you say it was a MBB player and another poster a few posts up says it was a "student" and suggests it was not a player. It's a message board and no one's word is worth more than anyone else's word. The university hasn't said much of anything, and maybe for good reason. But until you get facts you get rumors and conjecture.

Whatever happened, I know it was bad enough to see BA suspended for quite sometime. And if he did something that warrants a suspension of this magnitude, I probably don't want him coaching at my alma mater ever again. The post by bc argues that students shouldn't come forward with complaints or speak up when people in authority positions do something wrong. I don't think most Detroit Mercy fans agree with that, and I don't think most fans on this board agree with that. Whoever the student is, he/she did the right thing. Especially considering the aggression was by a coach who constantly brags about doing things "the Detroit Mercy way."
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Bacari suspended

Postby JDetroitTitan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:19 pm

uofdfan1983 wrote:Because BA coach's the men's team, not the women's team. It was a player. Don't start making this even worse than it already is. A player talked to his parents and it went from there.


What players parents have this much pull to side line a head coach for so long? All I am saying is stick and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me.
Last edited by JDetroitTitan on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JDetroitTitan
Senior
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Bacari suspended

Postby Titans96 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Titans96 wrote:I can just imagine what went on in practice to cause this fiasco...

Bacari: Screaming at the top of his lungs... JJJr you are not allowed to shoot 3's anymore because you "su**" at shooting 3's! Also, why are you such a "*#+&^%" ball hog, and never pass the ball to anyone? Plus, you "su**" on defense!

JJJr runs crying to his daddy's buddy Vowles (at the urging of his daddy), to complain about Bacari, trying to get him fired.

Mission accomplished! JJJr keeps on being a ball hog, not playing defense and shooting like he is good or something, plus his daddy gets the head coaching job.

This issue has JJSr written all over it!

The problem is, JJSr is and will always be an awful coach, the team is still terrible, the players are disgruntled and they will remain in the RPI 300's range.


The above is the likely scenario. BA didn’t do anything wrong and there isn’t a coach in the country who doesn’t use foul language and yell at players. Do you think that Beilein or Izzo don’t cuss at their players? This was a set up, plain and simple.
Titans96
Senior
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Bacari suspended

Postby HSScout1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:04 am

From the Varsity News (also separate articles on Kam and JJ, Jr):

http://www.thevarsitynews.net/news/view.php/1031322/Wheres-Bacari
HSScout1
Senior
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Motor City Sam and 1 guest

cron