Titans WIN Preview

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Titans WIN Preview

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:58 pm

First off, I’d like to humbly posit that tonight’s game at St. Louis, against the SLU Billikens, may possibly prove to be a watershed moment in an already troubled season.

Superficially, this game looks to be another loss for the beleaguered Detroit-Mercy Titans. No, check that; even upon deeper examination our prospects tonight look dismal.

A look at common opponents paints a bleak picture:

1. VIRGINIA TECH: The Billikens handled the Hokies rather easily, winning by 6 points at a neutral site. By contrast, the Titans lost to V Tech by 32.

2. SEATTLE: SLU easily dispatched the Redhawks at home by 16 points. The Titans were run out of the building by Seattle, losing by 31 at a neutral site (Nashville, TN).

RPI:

As this is being written, St. Louis checks in at an unimpressive # 215. Unimpressive, that is, until you see the Titans at #323. Now that, kids, is REALLY unimpressive.

Point spread:

Actually I’m a little surprised that the Billikens are only laying 11 ½. If I were impartial, I’d take the Billikens to cover. Of course I’m not, so the previous statement is strictly theoretical.

The over/under ranges from 152 to 154 ½. I’m only guessing but the logic behind this number is most likely due to the fact that the Billikens in their first four games have held opponents under 65 in three of the four contests, with two games 50 and below. Okay, let’s optimistically assume St. Louis keeps Detroit-Mercy to 65. That would mean that SLU would only need to score 90 (the term “only” being used sarcastically) to land this game in the “over” category. And, let’s face it, this year’s Titans have been hemorrhaging points in much the same way a hemophiliac bleeds after running into a chain saw.

A close loss would not be devastating to the Titans. If we stay within the spread in a game largely seen as a mismatch, I could live with it. That is, as long as we show improvement. Still, for some reason (early onset dementia is my guess), I see the Titans coming up big tonight. My advice is take the over and take the points. The Official Moose Prediction (from the home office in Moose Factory, Ontario): Detroit-Mercy Titans 84 St. Louis Billikens 79. GO TITANS!!!
MooseGuy1
Senior

Re: Titans WIN Preview

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Billikens only 11.5 favorite? It's times like this I think I could move to Vegas and make a living betting on HL basketball.
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:32 pm

For a change in mood tonight at my sunshine compound, I will feast upon homemade Detroit-style pizza along with some local craft beer while I root like hell in front of the TV for Moose's prediction to come true. I'll take a 184-179 score. And my neighbors thought that the night before Thanksgiving will be a quiet one. :lol:
ptctitan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:55 pm

one pride! oh wait...thats tomorrow....
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Billikens only 11.5 favorite? It's times like this I think I could move to Vegas and make a living betting on HL basketball.

I happily stand corrected and eat my words, and proudly endorse JJ to be our new HC!
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:22 pm

a little salt with that tacitus?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:23 am

Tacitus651 wrote:
I happily stand corrected and eat my words, and proudly endorse JJ to be our new HC!

Lets not be so fickle. BA is still our coach. He wasn't my choice but he is our coach. Lets support our coaches and our team. Hoping this does not deteriorate his relationship with J.J..
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:42 am

ptctitan
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:50 am

ptctitan
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:25 am

Trust the Moose.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby Hoopster_Now_In_DC » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:

Duh, I tried to tell you guys this a year and half ago. JJ IMO has that “it” factor.
Hoopster_Now_In_DC
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:32 pm

Motor City Sam wrote:Trust the Moose.

Everytime they win, I pick them to win. At some point this becomes more than coincidence.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball