Do you want to see Bacari coach Saturday (Siena Heights)?

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 13

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Most rumors suggest BA is good as gone. Yet, at least one poster says BA is still our coach. I think if BA does not show up tomorrow for a home game after 4 games missed, we can draw certain conclusions. Question is, who is hoping to see BA on Saturday?
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Re: Do you want to see Bacari coach Saturday (Siena Heights)

Postby ptctitan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 pm

tacitus651- you have gone too far with this post. You should consider taking down this thread. In fact, I ask the board administrator to take it down. Why don't you be mature enough to let the matter play out? You criticize BA for re-tweeting certain sources. And, then you post this quasi-schadenfreudistic crap at this time. Treat others as if you'd like to be treated when you encounter a bad time or make a mistake.

I'll remove this post if you agree to delete the thread and the poll.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Seriously? It's an internet message board and I simply asked how many people hope to see the coach (paid a nice salary) retained or not. Why are people so sensitive? I don't get it. Not like I criticized a student athlete or slandered BA - just polling his approval in a sense. I hear people say FAR worse about the coaches at the college I work at on a daily basis at the water cooler. Admins can take it down if they want.

Tacitus651
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Yes. Seriously. There are virtues called class, patience, and prudence. Your poll evinces a complete lack thereof.

There is a big difference between some people exchanging heated comments at the water cooler and a post on a public message board. The former gets overheard by just a few people. The latter can be read by anyone and cached forever by the many search bots that routinely scan this board.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:38 pm

I can't answer the question because in order for me to fairly evaluate the choices I need more information. It's like the old TV show "Concentration" with Hugh Downs. Tac, you might be too young to remember this program but it played a minor role in my childhood. (Seems to me, I watched it in an early part of my misspent youth in the 1960s--my parents and teachers refer to this time period as "MS60S"--but that's getting off track) Essentially, the object was to reveal a picture puzzle a little at a time until a contestant could guess what the puzzle was. It wasn't easy. The picture was black and white and the only high def we got was when my dad put a big a** antenna on our roof. Well, since no one ever confused me with an intellectual, it took old Hugh revealing all the pieces of the puzzle before I figured it out. The same principle applies to your poll. I need a lot more puzzle pieces to answer fairly because I have a few very important questions:

What did BA do to be shown the door? I've heard the talk and it doesn't seem to be a big deal but maybe it is.

Did BA resign? If so, than the poll is moot.

Is BA being fired?

Would Jackson be even worse? kirky places him on the moral spectrum somewhere between Ted Bundy and Caligula. Others wax poetic when recalling his playing days. I have no clue.

Would we have to eat Bacari's salary?

Does Bacari have any opiates he could spare to influence my vote? If so, call 1-800-HI-MOOSE.

ptc, what are these virtues things you speak of? ;)

So, in fairness, you can see my dilemma.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby titanmac » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:56 pm

kinda scary mooseman but i think i do?
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:26 pm

titanmac wrote:kinda scary mooseman but i think i do?

That's good. It means I'm making progress.

I sort of have to think another coaching change so soon after the last one could cause the team problems in the short term. Coaching changes usually come with growing pains. But this change would have some continuity to it and in the game with SLU I thought Jermaine Jackson coached a good game and we looked like a better team. Trying to keep an open mind about it. I'm at the point that whatever (within reason) makes us better is okay.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:31 am

He has resigned.
The-Dude
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:14 am

Of course we want him to coach. He is OUR coach. If that changes, then the University will announce it and someone else will be OUR coach. I hope he comes back with renewed direction and vigor. (IMHO renewed direction would include double digit assists EVERY game and a little perimeter defense.)
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby kirky313 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:37 pm

I honestly don't really have an opinion. I like JJ despite my doubts about him, BA, as far as I know, doesn't deserve this type of negative towards him yet. And for the record, I think BA is full of hot air
UDM,DUKE
kirky313
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Based on this board's history, this is certainly an appropriate thread for this forum and this audience. I remember worse comments and threads about the previous coach, and I don't recall there being concerns about virtues on a message board back then. If it's good for one coach, it's good for the next.

Personally, I would like to see BA coaching the team today and for the rest of the season. This whole situation has gone beyond embarrassing.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:23 pm

im not embarrased.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby Dick Vitale » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:30 pm

The-Dude wrote:He has resigned.

Evidence please.
Dick Vitale
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:25 pm

If BA hasn't resigned, Vowels should negotiate and get out of this contract (and that's what the rumor is according to some online sources, notably the coaching changes twitter account) and make JJ interim HC. Losing to Wayne was freaking embarrassing. You can say it's an exhibition and we use the game to test different combinations, but considering that BA lost to Wayne last year, he should have just pummeled them this year the way that JJ knocked the snot out of Siena Heights today. I'm glad the admins didn't delete this thread because it's totally legit. People said far worse about Ray on this board. Also, people on this board have made fun of JJJ because of his height. That's what I find disgraceful and lacking "virtues." Picking on freshmen student athletes is ok, but making a few jokes or polling a coach (who's professional experience consisted of playing for the Globetrotters and recruiting in Ann Arbor) is not? I loved the way we played today. Yeah, it was an NAIA school but I sure feel better with JJ at the helm.

Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:28 pm

ummm. im not embarassed? but even if i was? i wouldnt let it affect my deciision making.
titanmac
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:If BA hasn't resigned, Vowels should negotiate and get out of this contract (and that's what the rumor is according to some online sources, notably the coaching changes twitter account) and make JJ interim HC. Losing to Wayne was freaking embarrassing. You can say it's an exhibition and we use the game to test different combinations, but considering that BA lost to Wayne last year, he should have just pummeled them this year the way that JJ knocked the snot out of Siena Heights today. I'm glad the admins didn't delete this thread because it's totally legit. People said far worse about Ray on this board. Also, people on this board have made fun of JJJ because of his height. That's what I find disgraceful and lacking "virtues." Picking on freshmen student athletes is ok, but making a few jokes or polling a coach (who's professional experience consisted of playing for the Globetrotters and recruiting in Ann Arbor) is not? I loved the way we played today. Yeah, it was an NAIA school but I sure feel better with JJ at the helm.

I dont think UDM can afford to buy out coach Alexanders contract.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:44 pm

That's actually a good point, RBJ. I won't create more speculation about what BA did, but perhaps he's not in a good position to negotiate. contracts are dissolved all the time, and anything can be settled. But, I agree, it would be tough to justify buying out even 20% of his contract and paying another HC.

Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmac » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:46 pm

vowels has an annual out.
titanmac
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:02 pm

BA had made some celebratory tweets after the SLU victory but it looks like they have been deleted today.

Tacitus651
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:BA had made some celebratory tweets after the SLU victory but it looks like they have been deleted today.

They were taken down after they received replies asking him about his coaching status.
ptctitan
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball