Where we might be on January 20

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Where we might be on January 20

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:00 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:I don’t think offering discounted tickets to the OU game is embarrassing. My wife is an OU alumnus and I’ve seen her get all kinds of incentives and even offers for free tickets for Grizzlies games. If we don’t want to discount tickets, then just send out an email advertising the game and reunion, and encourage folks to come out and support the Titans this weekend. Might not do any good, but how can it hurt. Do something.

Might shock many here but my wife is also an OU alum. The pain is real. Even my wife says Kampe needs to wear a suit though.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 pm

My wife is 100% a Titan fan despite the OU degree.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Motor City Sam wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:I don’t think offering discounted tickets to the OU game is embarrassing. My wife is an OU alumnus and I’ve seen her get all kinds of incentives and even free tickets for Grizzlies game. If we don’t want to discount tickets, then just send out an email advertising the game and reunion, and encourage folks to come out and support the Titans this weekend. Might not do any good, but how can it hurt. Do something.

I agree with all of this. Unlike past years, there hasn't been much buzz about this game at all. The official website has a countdown, but I haven't seen anything in the way of promotions or advertising.

Heck, we should have just made arrangements with the UDJ High School student cheering section and a local high school band or two to attend the game and cheer for the Titans.

It's a real shame that we won't have a big crowd of Titan fans to recognize the 98 team.

Those are excellent ideals. I think UDM should give away free tickets selectively, my father received free tickets to the UofD vs. Michigan State game back in 1977, I was 5 years old and I remember it being loud and colorful. I attended that game with my brothers and two of us became life long fans, and one of us is an alumnus (not me). UofD has made the money back from those free tickets at least a couple thousand times over.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby titanmike » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Motor City Sam wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:I don’t think offering discounted tickets to the OU game is embarrassing. My wife is an OU alumnus and I’ve seen her get all kinds of incentives and even free tickets for Grizzlies game. If we don’t want to discount tickets, then just send out an email advertising the game and reunion, and encourage folks to come out and support the Titans this weekend. Might not do any good, but how can it hurt. Do something.

I agree with all of this. Unlike past years, there hasn't been much buzz about this game at all. The official website has a countdown, but I haven't seen anything in the way of promotions or advertising.

Heck, we should have just made arrangements with the UDJ High School student cheering section and a local high school band or two to attend the game and cheer for the Titans.

It's a real shame that we won't have a big crowd of Titan fans to recognize the 98 team.

Probably have a big crowd, just not enough representation of Detroit
titanmike
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Tony Paul game preview article in the Detroit News:

Oakland-UDM offenses make for 'entertaining contest'

http://detne.ws/2DkggV0
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:19 pm

I'm surprised Paul couldn't find room for a partisan political jab. He's gone off the reservation crazy on twitter the past week.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:05 am

titanmike wrote:
Motor City Sam wrote:

Probably have a big crowd, just not enough representation of Detroit

I saw that UofD High had more fans at their freshman game tonight than we have at one of our regular season games. The crowd for the JV and Varsity was 2-3 times larger than our regular games.

How do they get more fans than we do? How do they have such huge success and we are awful? What is their secret? The neighborhoods are similar.

Plus the Cubs brought out their throwback uniforms which are the same as UDM’s jerseys way back in the days. How does a high school do this, and we have no clue how to do this? Which program is better? Clearly the high school. They have a coach who runs a strong program and wins.
Titans96
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:42 am

Because the High School is run by a competent Jesuit priest and we have a complete imbecile for a President that hired a bigger imbecile for an athletic director.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Well, on January 20th we are just as bad as we were on December 20th and November 20th.

It was a very nice comeback in the 2nd half, but we are obviously a terrible team, a terribly coached team and a terribly managed athletic organization.

I know it sounds like a broken record, but why are we playing JJJr so many minutes? His shooting and defense cost us the game. He missed the most shots on the team (7 shots missed shooting 22% from the field - that is so awful) and his defense was even worse all afternoon. If he would have passed instead of shot the ball, we might have successfully completed the comeback.

McFolley played pretty well when he was in the game, but he only played 24 minutes compared to 32 by JJJr and how does that make any sense? And why do they not play Blackshear (4 minutes)? Cole Long played pretty well when he was in, but 9 minutes - why so few?

Also, why does JJJr. not sit with his teammates when on the bench? He sat next to daddy, with a towel on his head, sending a wonderful message to his teammates, and not even close to his teammates. This team is obviously in disarray. Bacari and JJSr are on clearly on different pages and you can see that the team morale is harmed by this lack of harmony.

Time to clean house!
Titans96
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:53 pm

We’re building a dynasty around J3. It’s just gonna take some time, as in a few more years...
The-Dude
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball