Let's make rooting fun again

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Let's make rooting fun again

Postby udballer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:50 pm

ptctitan wrote:
udballer wrote:
OK. So you are a better evaluator of this team's talent than the coaching staff. ;)

I'm not sure. Maybe. Geez, I hope not... but maybe. At least I don't have a horse in this race, so I can state what I've seen and be impartial. I'm sure about one thing... and that's that I've never changed either of those two's diapers and I've never falsified either of their stats. :o

In the end, I've made it clear that I value defense above splitting hairs on shooting percentages. I can confidently say that Josh is the superior defensive player and he is the only one that I've ever seen play winning defense at a high level for ANY stretch of time. That is good enough for me.
udballer
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Yeah, he's good at defense and all but his dad isn't a coach! Sucks for him I guess...
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:10 am

I would remind all the PTLSD (Post Titan Losses Stress Syndrome) fans, nattering nabobs of negativism, fair-weather fans, and others who read this board for news (including Tony Paul) that the 2011-12 HL championship team started that HL season 1-4 in its first 5 games, but still finished the regular conference season at 11-7.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:51 am

Yeah, but if you go back and look at that '11-'12 team you will notice most of the losses (con and non-con) were by maybe 4 or 5 points. I remember that season very well and it was clear we had a very solid team but Ray needed to find the right combinations and get them to gel just a bit more. This team resembles that team in absolutely no way based on any statistics or rational observances. The only thing that IS the same is the uniforms. Oh wait...
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:07 pm

I think pc has joined Ellen in the "Deep State". Only someone from the Deep State would bring up Spiro Agnew --- or maybe just someone old enough to get a Social Security check. I sure it is one of those two. :?
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby UDDRUMMER » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Topic should be renamed, Make Rooting Great Again!
I got a fever..the only prescription is more COWBELL!

UDM Alum Class of 2012
http://youtu.be/fyV2cPLuFuA
UDDRUMMER
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Tacitus - not saying that this team is as talented or experienced as the 2011-12 team. But it may be as talented and experienced relative to most of this season's HL as was the 2011-12 team to its HL competition. This year's team has been in all but 4 of its losses until the final few minutes of each game. And the coaches are trying to find the right mix of these players to push through to more wins.

The mere fact that this team could be 0-5, 1-4, or 2-3 in the HL when it hosts Oakland does not mean any more than when the 2011-12 team was 1-4 when Butler came to Calihan Hall.

St. Joe - how would you know about Spiro Agnew and Social Security? :? ;)
ptctitan
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball