Patrick Ewing

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Patrick Ewing

Postby R.B.J1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Patrick Ewing put one of his players in check without telling him to go downtown. He demands respect from his players. I guess is easier to get respect when you had your own shoe, and one of the top 50 players to ever play.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... bad-shots/
R.B.J1
Senior

Re: Patrick Ewing

Postby dennycrane » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:08 am

I'm glad you started this thread, R.B., and if we need a reason to justify it, well, BA said at one point early in his tenure that he would approach the Hoyas about a game, which would be the first in the series since 1980. Aside from that, I'm interested to follow Patrick Ewing's career coaching at Georgetown. He's 11-3 so far but has lost to the 3 most legitimate clubs he's played, Butler, Marquette and Syracuse. Several of the wins are over weak teams like Howard, N.C. A&T, Alabama A & M and others. The real test is just beginning as Big East play is only 3 games along. The Hoyas struggled past DePaul in their last game and the Demons might again be last in the conference, though for Sam's sake, I hope they do better than that.

John Thompson Sr. still holds considerable clout at Georgetown and it was his son of the same name who was let go after a pretty good run which had declined lately. Patrick received the elder Thompson's blessing in getting the job but he also had several years experience as an assistant in the NBA, most notably with Charlotte. Whether that NBA time translates well to college remains to be seen. in the meantime, I hope we get that game in Washington, perhaps next year.
dennycrane
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:33 am

dennycrane wrote:I'm glad you started this thread, R.B., and if we need a reason to justify it, well, BA said at one point early in his tenure that he would approach the Hoyas about a game, which would be the first in the series since 1980. Aside from that, I'm interested to follow Patrick Ewing's career coaching at Georgetown. He's 11-3 so far but has lost to the 3 most legitimate clubs he's played, Butler, Marquette and Syracuse. Several of the wins are over weak teams like Howard, N.C. A&T, Alabama A & M and others. The real test is just beginning as Big East play is only 3 games along. The Hoyas struggled past DePaul in their last game and the Demons might again be last in the conference, though for Sam's sake, I hope they do better than that.

John Thompson Sr. still holds considerable clout at Georgetown and it was his son of the same name who was let go after a pretty good run which had declined lately. Patrick received the elder Thompson's blessing in getting the job but he also had several years experience as an assistant in the NBA, most notably with Charlotte. Whether that NBA time translates well to college remains to be seen. in the meantime, I hope we get that game in Washington, perhaps next year.

I share your interest in following Ewing's coaching career Denny. They've had a soft schedule so far, but the Big East will reveal the true Hoyas. And yeah, I'm worried that DePaul is going to come in last again. :(
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:40 am

After a brutal loss to Creighton, Georgetown bounced back with a win over St. John's at Madison Square Garden. Ewing vs Mullin: It felt like old times.

The Hoyas are 12-4, 2-3 in conference.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =400988566
Motor City Sam
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball