Wright State Raiders Preview and Game Thread

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Wright State Raiders Preview and Game Thread

Postby Motor City Sam » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:03 pm

TitanTarHeel wrote:
bctitans1987 wrote:Tonight's score:

Wright State - 91, Detroit Mercy - 58.

Book it.

They won't win another game this year. Bacari has lost the team and JJ is a backstabbing a-hole. Let's not get into the ineptitude of the President and AD...

Another high quality post from BC. Swearing, name calling, banging the drum yet again against Pres/AD. After his petulant "I'm taking my big money donation and going home" post from the other day I'm not really sure why he even comes on here.

Can we check the ISP if BC87 is actually also Titan96?? They share much of the same sad bitterness. Find peace gents, find peace. Have a great weekend, call some friends or family to grab dinner with. Head outside and enjoy the world and this marvelous weather! Don't let the Titans hurt you anymore.

I had really hoped that a light hearted preview would be break from some of the negativity, at least until the game started.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Motor City Sam wrote:[quote="udballer
In all honesty, Sam, I'm still trying to find any bit of improvement at all. I'm hoping for a first glimpse of improvement beginning on this home stretch.

Year over year, there would be a slight improvement in record, but the team finished league play last year looking much closer to a .500 team than they have during the first half of this season. On top of that, we didn't lose much from that squad (outside of an underperforming Jenkins) and we've added the two guys leading the team in minutes and a solid player in Tariiq.

I picked this team to go 21-10 (I think) this year based on hopes of better coaching and the additions. The start is extremely troubling and we are running out of time to start turning the season around. I think we need to win 3 of the next 4, minimally, to get on any potential roll. I'm planning on being in attendance tomorrow and hope to witness the start of the turnaround.

I don't disagree with what you're saying; I'm just taking the glass is half full approach. :)[/quote]

Good plan. I could only get to the "glass is 1/3 full" approach. :D[/quote]

Understood. We're all doing the best we can. :D[/quote]
I'm trying to find a glass.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:58 pm

LOL, Commisioner.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Lucky for me, I don't need a glass. Like Grandma Moose (mentioned in a previous thread), who lived to 100 and never needed glasses, I drink straight from the bottle. Though still out working, I hope to catch the game on TV. National TV, how 'bout that?! The bottle is getting shorter but I still believe we'll be inspired tonight to play our best game of the season.

In fact, we're only 4 or 5 point dogs according to Vegas. With the lopsided lines lately, that's pretty nearly an endorsement. The over/under is 153.5 to as big as 155. I say take the under despite my doubts. Personally, I'd never wager on the over/under. Too much weird stuff can happen, like overtime. So, if I were to wager, I usually tend towards the over, hypothetically speaking of course. But I've recently witnessed enough effort defensively to go out on a limb. And, as was mentioned, the Raiders play a slower tempo. They'll be uncomfortable, though, with the Titans' pushing the pace. I wish I could be there in person because this will be a fun time in ye olde Calihan Hall.

The Official Moose Prediction(from the mobile home office somewhere in Moose River Recreation Area, New York, up a creek without a paddle): Wright State Raiders 67 Detroit-Mercy Titans 83. GO TITANS!!!
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:38 pm

BTW, Indian Lake, NY, a town that's supposed to be around here somewhere near the recreation area's east entrance, and where the temperature is currently -9, bills itself as "The Moose Capital of the Northeast". I'm guessing the pool and tiki bar are closed for the evening.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Watching the Iona game. They have a decent crowd.
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Benzinger: What a pain in the a**. They have to get out on him. But not foul him. The FT% Sam noted is out of this world. I don't remember this kid having that kind of game in the past.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:29 pm

TitanTarHeel wrote:

Book it.

They won't win another game this year. Bacari has lost the team and JJ is a backstabbing a-hole. Let's not get into the ineptitude of the President and AD...

Another high quality post from BC. Swearing, name calling, banging the drum yet again against Pres/AD. After his petulant "I'm taking my big money donation and going home" post from the other day I'm not really sure why he even comes on here.

Can we check the ISP if BC87 is actually also Titan96?? They share much of the same sad bitterness. Find peace gents, find peace. Have a great weekend, call some friends or family to grab dinner with. Head outside and enjoy the world and this marvelous weather! Don't let the Titans hurt you anymore.

Sorry TarHeel, we are different people but agree that JJSr is terrible, Vowels needs to go and JJJr needs to spend much less time shooting, much less time on the floor and more time improving his awful defensive skills.

Also, I have no idea why I come to these games when it seems there are “100” fans here and one of our stars is a kid from Canada who should never see time on the court unless we are up by 20 with 2 minutes left in the game.

And yes, our “star point guard” is still jacking up 3’s even though he is terrible at making them.

The only bright light is Hogan.
Titans96
Senior

TitanTarHeel wrote:

Book it.

Sorry TarHeel, we are different people but agree that JJSr is terrible, Vowels needs to go and JJJr needs to spend much less time shooting, much less time on the floor and more time improving his awful defensive skills.

Also, I have no idea why I come to these games when it seems there are “100” fans here and one of our stars is a kid from Canada who should never see time on the court unless we are up by 20 with 2 minutes left in the game.

And yes, our “star point guard” is still jacking up 3’s even though he is terrible at making them.

Titans96
Senior

TitanTarHeel wrote:

Book it.

Titans96
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:39 pm

96: While some of what you say I agree with, you damage your credibility by just throwing everything out there and hoping it sticks. Cole Long is one of our "stars"? Really? I don't think anyone is saying that. Nor should he only play as a human victory cigar. He's a kid who gives a good effort and gets about the PT I'd expect. Nothing much to bitch about with Bacari there. Ad hominem mean anything to you?
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:41 pm

By the way, I love Hogan but he made a real boneheaded move bumping that Raider kid in front of the official.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:41 pm

This team has checked out. No player cheers for his teammate. The players sit away from the coaches (except for JJSr’s guys and kid who sit next to him). They are clearly not a team. It seems they don’t like each other. This is sad. I don’t know if you can see it on tv, but we are in trouble.
Titans96
Senior

Postby udballer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:48 pm

The first half was a whole new level of embarrassing. I think we've managed to Lion-ize Kam Chatman.
udballer
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:55 pm

Very depressing.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:00 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:96: While some of what you say I agree with, you damage your credibility by just throwing everything out there and hoping it sticks. Cole Long is one of our "stars"? Really? I don't think anyone is saying that. Nor should he only play as a human victory cigar. He's a kid who gives a good effort and gets about the PT I'd expect. Nothing much to bitch about with Bacari there. Ad hominem mean anything to you?

Moose, I was being facetious about Long. Clearly he is not a star. He does try and hustle (which I really appreciate), but he is NOT a D1 player. I can appreciate why BA plays him, he is trying. Can’t say that for many others on the team. And yes, Ad Hominem rings home due to my many years of Latin, but my focus is on the team even though the downfall of the team is due to the failure of the AD, BA and JJSr (even though many on this board can’t see this due to their wearing rose colored glasses). ADMG
Titans96
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:02 pm

We have got to slowdown, JJJR. must realize that he doesn't have to push the ball at 100mph every time down the court. Coach Alexander should demand a minimum of 4 passes, or that every player touches the ball before the team attempt a shot. We need more ball movement. ,
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Hey - look on the bright side, JJJ waited 12 seconds before launching his 1st misfired 3 of the second half.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Not sure why, but just noticed Isaiah Jones is not on the bench tonight.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:05 pm

StJoeUofD wrote:Hey - look on the bright side, JJJ waited 12 seconds before launching his 1st misfired 3 of the second half.

True.

Plus Benzinger is out (for some reason). That helps.
Titans96
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball