Wright State Raiders Preview and Game Thread

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Wright State Raiders Preview and Game Thread

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:08 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:Not sure why, but just noticed Isaiah Jones is not on the bench tonight.

Just spotted him in the end zone bleachers, wearing a big brace on his left leg.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:14 pm

Titans96 wrote:
MooseGuy1 wrote:96: While some of what you say I agree with, you damage your credibility by just throwing everything out there and hoping it sticks. Cole Long is one of our "stars"? Really? I don't think anyone is saying that. Nor should he only play as a human victory cigar. He's a kid who gives a good effort and gets about the PT I'd expect. Nothing much to bitch about with Bacari there. Ad hominem mean anything to you?

Moose, I was being facetious about Long. Clearly he is not a star. He does try and hustle (which I really appreciate), but he is NOT a D1 player. I can appreciate why BA plays him, he is trying. Can’t say that for many others on the team. And yes, Ad Hominem rings home due to my many years of Latin, but my focus is on the team even though the downfall of the team is due to the failure of the AD, BA and JJSr (even though many on this board can’t see this due to their wearing rose colored glasses). ADMG

Other than my glowing previews and predictions (some of it of a facetious nature; some just because I really want my team to win and not be unremittingly glum), you know I've addressed things over the years I've seen as problems. So have most of the regular posters. I don't see that much rose-colored tint. We get rather heated sometimes but try at times to find something of a positive nature as opposed to a total scorched earth policy about the program. Yeah, I see issues--a lot of them. So does most everyone else. It's just that most people don't want to be painted as zombie-eyed yes men. It's that vibe that you give off that's brought about the nasty responses to your posts. And I'm not trying to be nasty here; just giving you my take on things. Respectfully, I hope.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:24 pm

Benzinger has 3 fouls.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:29 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:
Titans96 wrote:
MooseGuy1 wrote:96: While some of what you say I agree with, you damage your credibility by just throwing everything out there and hoping it sticks. Cole Long is one of our "stars"? Really? I don't think anyone is saying that. Nor should he only play as a human victory cigar. He's a kid who gives a good effort and gets about the PT I'd expect. Nothing much to bitch about with Bacari there. Ad hominem mean anything to you?

Moose, I was being facetious about Long. Clearly he is not a star. He does try and hustle (which I really appreciate), but he is NOT a D1 player. I can appreciate why BA plays him, he is trying. Can’t say that for many others on the team. And yes, Ad Hominem rings home due to my many years of Latin, but my focus is on the team even though the downfall of the team is due to the failure of the AD, BA and JJSr (even though many on this board can’t see this due to their wearing rose colored glasses). ADMG

Other than my glowing previews and predictions (some of it of a facetious nature; some just because I really want my team to win and not be unremittingly glum), you know I've addressed things over the years I've seen as problems. So have most of the regular posters. I don't see that much rose-colored tint. We get rather heated sometimes but try at times to find something of a positive nature as opposed to a total scorched earth policy about the program. Yeah, I see issues--a lot of them. So does most everyone else. It's just that most people don't want to be painted as zombie-eyed yes men. It's that vibe that you give off that's brought about the nasty responses to your posts. And I'm not trying to be nasty here; just giving you my take on things. Respectfully, I hope.

I appreciate your comments and welcome them. It is just too hard for me to look beyond the obvious and gloss over the blatant “bull S***” that goes on with the support for the AD, JJSr and BA when they are harmful to the university and the program.
Titans96
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:31 pm

However I love the run we are on!!!
Titans96
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:50 pm

He fouled with his face. That sucks so much. I hope he's okay.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:51 pm

Just lost another. Stay calm everyone. It’s just a game...
The-Dude
Senior

Postby cjmcgow35 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:02 am

I'm just here waiting for Bacari's next win as coach... it's not like it's been since February 24th of 2017.
Christopher McGowan '11
cjmcgow35
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:04 am

Not the results we want but, for me, it was entertaining enough to stay up until 5 am and watch. Everyone needs to retract any comments about these young men ever giving up. They had every chance to do that tonight and didn't. If those were my sons, I wouldn't ask anything more than that out of them. I was very proud of how they handled the adversity. In my book that deserves a new chapter of hope.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:07 am

They didn't look at all like they quit, StJoe. They played hard in the 2nd half and I have to give props to BA for halftime adjustments. But a loss is still a loss and I'm sick of it. Disappointed but not sickened by this one. We just have to play for all 40. There does appear to be hope, though.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:09 am

Moose, that was my point. They could have easily folded up the tent at half time, but they didn't. It was great to see them fight back -- especially with very few any 3 point hope tosses. We are on the same page.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:10 am

This is the state of Titan basketball. We can lose the first half against Wright State AT HOME 43-27 and then claw back and still lose to Wright State AT HOME by 7 only to have people sugar coat it and say they have hope.
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:11 am

I see that NKU edged out Oakland by 4 tonight as well.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby cjmcgow35 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:14 am

Tacitus651 wrote:This is the state of Titan basketball. We can lose the first half against Wright State AT HOME 43-27 and then claw back and still lose to Wright State AT HOME by 7 only to have people sugar coat it and say they have hope.

You'll never see me sugar coat a 4 win team (especially with ZERO wins under the head coach). This is embarrassing.
Christopher McGowan '11
cjmcgow35
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:17 am

Yes, the aggregate result of both halves is a 7 point loss, I grant you. But it looked like it might be a 30 point loss. We played well, relative to how we have folded like a tent in past games. Small...small moral victory, sure, but they didn't look overmatched in the last 20 minutes and BA did not appear to be clueless with the adjustments he made. It really is some incremental progress...I hope. We'll see.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:20 am

cjmcgow35 wrote:
Tacitus651 wrote:This is the state of Titan basketball. We can lose the first half against Wright State AT HOME 43-27 and then claw back and still lose to Wright State AT HOME by 7 only to have people sugar coat it and say they have hope.

You'll never see me sugar coat a 4 win team (especially with ZERO wins under the head coach). This is embarrassing.

Agreed. I'm sure when we lose to NKU by 20, some people on this board will have positive things to say though. The kids didn't quit, there's some improvement that can't be seen in the box score, yada yada yada.
Make Detroit Mercy Do Great Things Again!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defe ... o-students
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:25 am

Sugar coating things isn't my speciality. I may be delusional, but you can mark me down as predicting that we will go 6-3 when we play the second half of our conference schedule. I doubted that yesterday, but tonight I think it is possible. If we learn to keep our 3 point shots below 12 per game, I will put money on it.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby Titans96 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:40 am

When will BA tell JJJr to never shoot 3 point shots? 1 for 6 is disgusting. If he passes instead of shoots, we win. He has to have one of the worst 3 point shooting percentages in D1.

Who told this kid he could shoot? I know, his daddy!

For sure his shooting desire hurts the team. His teammates know he can’t shoot, and they get bummed out when he is so terrible at shooting. Please stop the madness.
Titans96
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 am

Rogobob77 wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:Not sure why, but just noticed Isaiah Jones is not on the bench tonight.

Just spotted him in the end zone bleachers, wearing a big brace on his left leg.

Looked like Jones couldn’t sit on the players’ bench because his leg was locked in a fully extended position, and he walked off the court on crutches. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear his season is over. Seems like a good guy and wish him the best.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:55 am

Official attendance: 561.
Rogobob77
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball