Injuries Update

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Injuries Update

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:32 pm

I heard Kam Chatman's "foul" at the end of the Wright State game resulted in head gash that required 12 stitches to close. He woke up the next morning with some concussion-like symptoms, thus the decision to keep him out of the NKU game. Probably won't play tomorrow against Cleveland State but should be good to go Friday when the Titans host Youngstown State.

Also, Isaiah Jones' injury is not necessarily season-ending. The coaching staff hopes that he will be able to return to the lineup in the coming weeks.
Rogobob77
Senior

Re: Injuries Update

Postby TitanTarHeel » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Bummer about Kam, but a huge amount of respect for whomever is having him sit out until the concussion symptoms pass. In this day and age when football teams still willfully ignore concussions its good that someone cares for this kid to take his health seriously.
TitanTarHeel
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:19 pm

TitanTarHeel wrote:Bummer about Kam, but a huge amount of respect for whomever is having him sit out until the concussion symptoms pass.

Since dad's on the coaching staff, I'm positive he's being given the best care available :D
HSScout1
Senior

Postby titandave » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:Also, Isaiah Jones' injury is not necessarily season-ending. The coaching staff hopes that he will be able to return to the lineup in the coming weeks.

What type of injury did Isiah sustain?
titandave
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:06 pm

titandave wrote:
Rogobob77 wrote:Also, Isaiah Jones' injury is not necessarily season-ending. The coaching staff hopes that he will be able to return to the lineup in the coming weeks.

What type of injury did Isiah sustain?

I believe it's his knee again
HSScout1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Kam did get busted up on that play. It reminded me of a head butt in boxing. I hated to see it and wish him well.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Motor City Sam » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:48 pm

MooseGuy1 wrote:Kam did get busted up on that play. It reminded me of a head butt in boxing. I hated to see it and wish him well.

Looked just like a boxing headbutt. They are right to be cautious with bringing him back.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball