Cleveland State Preview and Game Thread

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Cleveland State Preview and Game Thread

Postby titandave » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Titans96 wrote:On Friday I hope BA goes with Prince, Chatman, Allen, McFolley and Blackshear as the starters. Ballantine, Black, Long and JJJr off the bench. I would not give JJJr more than 20 minutes and if he shoots, only 10 minutes. Plus, it does look like grade problems for Hogan and T Jones. Another problem we didn’t need. Who knows when or if they will be back in the lineup. Let’s go for 2 in a row on Friday. Fingers crossed.

Assuming that Hogan and Tariq Jones are not available for Friday's game, I like the starting line up you mentioned .... Prince, Chatman, Allen, McFolley and Blackshear. Off the bench; I would go with Ballantine, Long, and JJJr.
titandave
Senior

Postby Commissioner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:08 pm

I thought Ballantyne played well last night.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby StJoeUofD » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:25 pm

The five guys that got us the win need to be rewarded by starting tomorrow. It is special to be announced at the beginning of the game. Chatman can sub in at the first break in action. If you want the team to recognize effort and success, give attaboys to those that do successful things. This will make everyone want to do the successful things from the last game.
StJoeUofD
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Maybe we need to look more at who is selected to finish a game than who starts. I know that is counterintuitive, but it is very Beilein-esque. Bacari is going to use the 5 who are playing the best in that game to finish. That will change from game to game.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby udballer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 pm

StJoeUofD wrote:The five guys that got us the win need to be rewarded by starting tomorrow. It is special to be announced at the beginning of the game. Chatman can sub in at the first break in action. If you want the team to recognize effort and success, give attaboys to those that do successful things. This will make everyone want to do the successful things from the last game.

I agree with StJoe on this one. Starting a basketball game is a special feeling and can absolutely affect how someone performs. Those who were most successful last game should get first crack at next game and try to continue the success they had. Everyone else on the team should make the most of their opportunities and try to outdo the guy before him and earn the starting spot for next game. Nobody on this team should feel like they're cemented in to the starting lineup. If anyone was THAT good, we wouldn't be 5-13.

As PTC mentioned, whoever is playing the best through 35 minutes of the game should be out there to finish it.

That said, I fully expect to see JJJ and Kam get the starting nods. ;)
udballer
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball