JJJr

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: JJJr

Postby Titans96 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 pm

I appreciate his free throw shooting percentage too. That’s why I brought it up. It is hard to shoot 90% from the line.

I could care less about the microscope he plays under because of his father. He chose this path. Unless he was forced by his father to play for the Titans because they hired his dad. Even though his dad shopped him around so his dad could get a better job, but no takers (fact).

Not sure why his height has anything to do with this, but I’ll buy your argument.

The public forum is part of the deal. You play in D1, you are subject to the fans and alumni. Sorry, but that’s the real world and JJJr chose to live in it. Also, just because you don’t like what I have to say, I only speak the truth. Sometimes the truth is a tough pill to take. I post on this, so I am subject to the ridicule of others. I can handle it.

I am respectful, but truthful. Sometimes the truth can be difficult to handle. Sorry, JJJr chose to play in the big boy league, so he has to handle it.

The simple fact is that he needs to know when to shoot and when to pass. He doesn’t know how to do that, and his actions cost his team points. He needs to work harder on defense, he is costing his team points. Just watch how he played after the missed foul shot last night. He sulked. The player blew right by him, he ran back, got faked out and took his good old time getting back into the game and they scored on a 3 pointer because JJJr was not even on the court and not hustling. Lucky for us that Allen saved us.

So I appreciate your comments but your only real answer to my question is his foul shooting. Ok. That’s fine. Not sure how that gets a player 32 minutes a game, but that does end up falling on the coaches. If BA wants to keep his job, he better figure this out fast. If not, UDM will have a new AD and coaching staff next year.
Titans96
Senior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:20 am

Re: JJJr

Postby Commissioner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Titans96 wrote:I appreciate his free throw shooting percentage too. That’s why I brought it up. It is hard to shoot 90% from the line.

I could care less about the microscope he plays under because of his father. He chose this path. Unless he was forced by his father to play for the Titans because they hired his dad. Even though his dad shopped him around so his dad could get a better job, but no takers (fact).

Not sure why his height has anything to do with this, but I’ll buy your argument.

The public forum is part of the deal. You play in D1, you are subject to the fans and alumni. Sorry, but that’s the real world and JJJr chose to live in it. Also, just because you don’t like what I have to say, I only speak the truth. Sometimes the truth is a tough pill to take. I post on this, so I am subject to the ridicule of others. I can handle it.

I am respectful, but truthful. Sometimes the truth can be difficult to handle. Sorry, JJJr chose to play in the big boy league, so he has to handle it.

The simple fact is that he needs to know when to shoot and when to pass. He doesn’t know how to do that, and his actions cost his team points. He needs to work harder on defense, he is costing his team points. Just watch how he played after the missed foul shot last night. He sulked. The player blew right by him, he ran back, got faked out and took his good old time getting back into the game and they scored on a 3 pointer because JJJr was not even on the court and not hustling. Lucky for us that Allen saved us.

So I appreciate your comments but your only real answer to my question is his foul shooting. Ok. That’s fine. Not sure how that gets a player 32 minutes a game, but that does end up falling on the coaches. If BA wants to keep his job, he better figure this out fast. If not, UDM will have a new AD and coaching staff next year.

Man, you *are* an asshole. Still sorry that JJ stole your girl. Probably beat you up once, too.
Last edited by Commissioner on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Re: JJJr

Postby Commissioner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Commissioner wrote:
Titans96 wrote:I appreciate his free throw shooting percentage too. That’s why I brought it up. It is hard to shoot 90% from the line.

I could care less about the microscope he plays under because of his father. He chose this path. Unless he was forced by his father to play for the Titans because they hired his dad. Even though his dad shopped him around so his dad could get a better job, but no takers (fact).

Not sure why his height has anything to do with this, but I’ll buy your argument.

The public forum is part of the deal. You play in D1, you are subject to the fans and alumni. Sorry, but that’s the real world and JJJr chose to live in it. Also, just because you don’t like what I have to say, I only speak the truth. Sometimes the truth is a tough pill to take. I post on this, so I am subject to the ridicule of others. I can handle it.

I am respectful, but truthful. Sometimes the truth can be difficult to handle. Sorry, JJJr chose to play in the big boy league, so he has to handle it.

The simple fact is that he needs to know when to shoot and when to pass. He doesn’t know how to do that, and his actions cost his team points. He needs to work harder on defense, he is costing his team points. Just watch how he played after the missed foul shot last night. He sulked. The player blew right by him, he ran back, got faked out and took his good old time getting back into the game and they scored on a 3 pointer because JJJr was not even on the court and not hustling. Lucky for us that Allen saved us.

So I appreciate your comments but your only real answer to my question is his foul shooting. Ok. That’s fine. Not sure how that gets a player 32 minutes a game, but that does end up falling on the coaches. If BA wants to keep his job, he better figure this out fast. If not, UDM will have a new AD and coaching staff next year.

Man, you *are* an asshole. Still sorry that JJ stole your girl. Probably beat you up once, too.

Mike, feel free to censure me for name calling in above post.
Last edited by Commissioner on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Re: JJJr

Postby titanmike » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:33 am

uofdfan1983 wrote:I am not a huge Dre fan either (I think he's another one who shoots too much) but he tries really hard all the time and last night he was a difference-maker. He was that good on defense and shot well and was a positive. He won't give you that every game but when he's doing well, play him over JJJ if JJJ is struggling.


I think Dre played much better the other night, I actually don't think he shoots to much, but I don't want him shooting more. I think he has been prone to commit some awful fouls. Pleased with his game vs CSU.
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: JJJr

Postby Commissioner » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 am

titanmike wrote:
uofdfan1983 wrote:I am not a huge Dre fan either (I think he's another one who shoots too much) but he tries really hard all the time and last night he was a difference-maker. He was that good on defense and shot well and was a positive. He won't give you that every game but when he's doing well, play him over JJJ if JJJ is struggling.


I think Dre played much better the other night, I actually don't think he shoots to much, but I don't want him shooting more. I think he has been prone to commit some awful fouls. Pleased with his game vs CSU.

Dre is shooting 38% from three, and 46% from two. On the shooting end, I think he's shooting just about the right amount. He's not the main scoring threat, but he'll knock down that three if they leave him open. Last year he had a tendency to drive into traffic and get snuffed, but he's been choosier this year. I like Dre-he plays hard and does what he's asked to do. He's a solid back of the rotation player. The problem comes when he's asked to do too much.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Re: JJJr

Postby TitanTarHeel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:50 am

It takes a special 'man' to have so much hate and vitriol for an athlete, much less an 18 year old. Even worse (as if that's possible) its directed towards one wearing the colors of the school you root for.
TitanTarHeel
Senior
 
Posts: 938
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: JJJr

Postby Titans96 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 pm

I suggest some of you are confused and should look up the definitions of the words you use against me.

Hate - No. I don’t hate the young man at all. I don’t know him, how can I hate him?

Vitriol - No. It is in no way cruel or bitter, I am stating fact. It may be harsh and direct, but it is factual. Sorry if you don’t like to admit that fact.

Hopefully he can find a way to improve his game, because it is certainly not helping the Titans. (Again fact). I just ask him to get assists instead of shooting and to work hard on improving his defense skills and his defensive effort.
Titans96
Senior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:20 am

Re: JJJr

Postby ptctitan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Like the rest of us, you mainly post opinions. Your posts make it appear that you are so focused on 1 player and his father to the degree that you are not seeing the rest of the game. Since JJJr plays so much, you could not be paying as close attention to the rest of the game or else you could not post such detail about JJJr.

BTW, after the last game, Corey Allen specifically credited JJJr and Josh for creating the proper space for him on the game winner.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: JJJr

Postby Titans96 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:30 pm

The reason for the main focus on JJJr is because of his poor shooting and poor defense. Because of his significant playing time, and obviously lack of desire to stop shooting and start passing justifies my focus. It is clear to me, along with some industry contacts/scouts that I speak with, that JJJr’s play has cost the Titans 4-12 points per game. There is not one other player on the team that has such negative results, and just imagine his play has cost the Titans 4-8 wins.

His shooting and defense problems are not opinions, they are facts.

Also just curious, was Allen praising them for getting out of the way because it was a designed play or just a “make it up as you go” play? Not sure why a teammate would praise another for getting out of the way, but good job JJJr for getting out of the way!
Titans96
Senior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:20 am

Re: JJJr

Postby titanmike » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Titans96 wrote:The reason for the main focus on JJJr is because of his poor shooting and poor defense. Because of his significant playing time, and obviously lack of desire to stop shooting and start passing justifies my focus. It is clear to me, along with some industry contacts/scouts that I speak with, that JJJr’s play has cost the Titans 4-12 points per game. There is not one other player on the team that has such negative results, and just imagine his play has cost the Titans 4-8 wins.

His shooting and defense problems are not opinions, they are facts.

Also just curious, was Allen praising them for getting out of the way because it was a designed play or just a “make it up as you go” play? Not sure why a teammate would praise another for getting out of the way, but good job JJJr for getting out of the way!


industry contacts/scouts. Name names. Plus what difference does it make why Allen praised him?
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: JJJr

Postby Titans96 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Because I was curious if our crack coaching staff called the play or if they didn’t. There have been numerous discussions about this on the board, and I was just curious. My hope is that it was a called play and JJJr and McFolley were on the wings for a possible 3 pointer if Allen got stopped.
Titans96
Senior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:20 am

Re: JJJr

Postby TitanTarHeel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Note that on this thread there already is consensus that JJJ: (1) needs less playing time, (2) needs to shoot less and (3) needs to play better defense.

96, a problem is you aren't equal opportunity in who you go after. You have a laser focus on hating on a teenager. Where's your critique of Hogan or McFolley? Hogan is a senior, all conference player, who has been badly out of shape and is now probably ineligible. He's costing us more points and wins than anyone, including JJJ. It's much worse coming from Hogan because of his status as a senior leader, and frankly darn it he should know better. Yet you never say anything about anyone else and instead keep your fixation & obsession on the first 15 games of a freshman's career. How is JJJ being graded against one curve and others are held to something else?

So yeah, I call it vitriol and hate that fills your heart. And we are talking about a 18 yr old, basketball, and the team you supposedly support.
TitanTarHeel
Senior
 
Posts: 938
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: JJJr

Postby titanmike » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:50 pm

Car 96 where are you?
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: JJJr

Postby Titans96 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 am

Traveling to Asia during game. Obviously I missed a nice victory. Looked like Allen and JJJr had a pair of good games per the stats. Outstanding and well overdue. Hopefully they can continue this performance level this week and beyond.

Granted it was again YSU, but a W is a W. Happy for JJJr. He needed that performance big time. Relief for now but hopefully it continues.
Titans96
Senior
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:20 am

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Chuck, Bing [Bot], Tacitus651 and 12 guests