IUPUI Jags Preview and Game Thread

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: IUPUI Jags Preview and Game Thread

Postby ptctitan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:04 pm

udballer - quit mischaracterizing my words. I was supporting your guy Josh. The point of my comment was that we should have looked to Josh instead of Kam last night for shots down the stretch. Instead, it was Kam and Dre trying to close the gap. It should have been Josh and JJJr taking the bulk of shot attempts in the last 4 minutes.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: IUPUI Jags Preview and Game Thread

Postby Commissioner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 pm

ptctitan wrote:I'd go with JJJr, Allen, Chatman, Prince and Eichler to start.

Bench: Josh, Long, Blackshear, Ballantyne, Black.

Those are all the available scholarship players we have left. I. Jones on the DL. Maybe a late season return.

BTW, in the 7 Horizon League games played so far, JJJr is shooting 46% from the field and 45% from 3-pt range.

Liar. Triple J can't shoot. Don't try bamboozling people with statistics. And his dad is a bad guy too, wants us to lose so he can take over as head coach of a 6 win team and up his kid's play to 40 minutes per game. It's so obvious, but some of you can't handle TRUTH.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior
 
Posts: 4653
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Re: IUPUI Jags Preview and Game Thread

Postby udballer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:24 pm

ptctitan wrote:udballer - quit mischaracterizing my words. I was supporting your guy Josh. The point of my comment was that we should have looked to Josh instead of Kam last night for shots down the stretch. Instead, it was Kam and Dre trying to close the gap. It should have been Josh and JJJr taking the bulk of shot attempts in the last 4 minutes.


Nobody is mischaracterizing anything. I pointed out what you said, which was that last night was the first time Josh's shot was falling since the Toledo game. It came across as a backhanded compliment... and I called it out for what it was and noted that it was inaccurate.

Josh is a streaky shooter. Always has been. He needs to be given a chance to get hot, in my opinion, in order to maximize his contribution to the team. He does not appear to be getting that chance this season, from what I've seen.

All in all, he's having a down year by his standards. The absolute worst of his career. Yet, he's shooting the same % as JJJ while never really having an opportunity to get in rhythm. Josh is playing D1 basketball for one reason... because he can shoot better than nearly everyone, JJJ included.
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: IUPUI Jags Preview and Game Thread

Postby titanmike » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:00 am

ptctitan wrote:
titanmike wrote:I would start JJjr and Allen, but if McFolley is hot I would let it ride. Felt like he was pulled when we needed him last night after cutting lead to 5.


mike - do you mean in the 2nd half? Because I don't recall McFolley being pulled at all in the 2nd half after he entered the game with about 14 minutes left. But I did wonder why we did not get him some more shots after he cut it to 5. It was his first game since Toledo when his shot was falling.


I meant more shots
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: IUPUI Jags Preview and Game Thread

Postby ptctitan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:29 am

titanmike - I agree. When Josh is hot, you ride that streakiness for good results as at SLU and home vs Toledo. Chatman needs to recognize that fact and understand that he is not required to take a shot every time the ball comes to him on offense during the last 4 minutes of a game. This is especially true in games where he is cold and other shooters are hot. He needs to get the ball to the hot shooter(s) when he is not one of them in a game.

udballer - next time, I'll post a 1,000 word essay complete with pictures so you understand my point. ;) The fact that I disagree with you about who should be the starting PG does not mean that I think Josh should not play significant minutes or that he should be avoided in games in which he is shooting well. In fact, I think just the opposite. He should get lots of shots when he is on. At IUPUI, he was on. The offense should have focused upon getting Josh and JJJr 3-pt shots in the final 4 minutes - not Chatman and Black. Or gone inside to Prince. This was a conference game - not a scrimmage to get Chatman back into game shape.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: IUPUI Jags Preview and Game Thread

Postby udballer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:47 am

ptctitan wrote:udballer - next time, I'll post a 1,000 word essay complete with pictures so you understand my point.


Not necessary,... just try to make some sense using whichever # of words you choose. That would be the only improvement needed. ;)
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests

cron