Oakland Grizzlies Preview and Game Thread

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Oakland Grizzlies Preview and Game Thread

Postby Oudrummer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:25 am

Yes, as a clear racist, leave it to an OU fan?

I mean, seriously? What does that even mean? Anyway, a picture to show you I’m not making this up.

https://twitter.com/detroittitans/statu ... 8069843974
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:56 am

Desmond Ferguson was ordained as "moneyball" by Kevin Garnett in the spring of 1995.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:04 am

The attendance at the OU game was about the same that OU drew to its home games vs NKU and Wright St. Only, OU has 20,000 students enrolled and we have 2900 undergrad students enrolled.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby titanmike » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:21 am

Motor City Sam wrote:Some thoughts on the game:

I wasn't able to be at this game or watch it on TV live, but I did catch most of the second half on radio. 910 AM didn't have the broadcast yesterday, so I ended up listening to the OU broadcast on 1130 AM. That meant I was subject to all of the bad "no Mercy" puns and the (accurate) criticism of the Titan "crowd", including the vanishing act put on by the people in Section 313.

Given the first half lack of performance by the Titans, the fact that even Kampe said OU had more fans in Calihan than the Titans did, and being subject to the OU broadcast, I hated this game. Unfortunately, I can't say the result was a surprise and I don't put any stock in the too little, too late rally. OU helped with that with some silly play, and only a few three pointers that would have made Steph Curry envious got us to within single digits. We should be past the point of taking pride in home conference losses to teams that are 4-3 in conference coming in.

Next up, the Titans go on the road to take on the top two teams in the conference. Hard to find reasons for optimism right now.

It was a very disappointing loss. I will contend however that Kampe is wrong. More neutral fans maybe, but I think more Titan Fans.
titanmike
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:49 am

Oudrummer wrote:Yes, as a clear racist, leave it to an OU fan?

I mean, seriously? What does that even mean? Anyway, a picture to show you I’m not making this up.

https://twitter.com/detroittitans/statu ... 8069843974

Perry Watson has a suit on in the photo, one of the old players (or is it the trainer?) wore a sportcoat, two former student managers donned sweaters, others wore sweatshirts. And an OU fan has photographic evidence (“I’m not making this up”) of the scandal!

And for the record, I did not call the OU fan a racist, clear or otherwise. I said "Leave it to an OU fan to try and make this (the fact that everyone didn't wear matching outfits on Saturday) into a racial issue." He might not be a racist, perhaps just a loser troll looking to stir up racial divisions (“was such a clear divide”) where there are none.
Last edited by Rogobob77 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby The-Dude » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:09 am

I saw OU Drummer taking his moneyball hoddie off at the game and twirling it over his head like a helicopter. He did this until his head band fell off.
The-Dude
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Nice article about the reunion:

http://detroittitans.com/news/2018/1/22 ... ality.aspx

Appears Matt Bauman wasn’t able to attend.
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby titandave » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:59 pm

I wasn't able to watch the game against Oakland .... did Blackshear get injured early in the game? Per the box score; Gerald played only 4 minutes whereas Ballantyne played 18 minutes.
titandave
Senior

Postby udballer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:20 pm

titandave wrote:I wasn't able to watch the game against Oakland .... did Blackshear get injured early in the game? Per the box score; Gerald played only 4 minutes whereas Ballantyne played 18 minutes.

Not that I'm aware of. I think the major uphill battle that Gerald is fighting is that he is one of "Ray's Guys". Add that to not having a family member on staff and I'm surprised he was granted 4 minutes. :D
udballer
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:57 pm

udballer wrote:
titandave wrote:I wasn't able to watch the game against Oakland .... did Blackshear get injured early in the game? Per the box score; Gerald played only 4 minutes whereas Ballantyne played 18 minutes.

Not that I'm aware of. I think the major uphill battle that Gerald is fighting is that he is one of "Ray's Guys". Add that to not having a family member on staff and I'm surprised he was granted 4 minutes. :D

In the luncheon BA said Blackshire is been battling injuries. (Also good zinger udball).
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball