Taking A Break From The Board

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Taking A Break From The Board

Postby Motor City Sam » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:08 am

I'm sure this note will bring a "who cares?" from most of you :) , but one or two of you might wonder why you won't be seeing Previews/Game Threads or Scoreboard Updates from me. I'm taking a break from the board, at least temporarily. Nothing's wrong; I just have a lot going on, most of it positive. Time is limited, and a few things have to go on the activities list. I had been pretty active on several college basketball team message boards, and they are pretty much all going.

Those of you who go to the games will still see me at Calihan on the days I can make it, although I have admittedly been able to make only a few games this season. Otherwise, I'll be watching on TV and listening on the radio, and hopefully making the next athletic luncheon.

Go Titans.
Motor City Sam
Senior

Re: Taking A Break From The Board

Postby Commissioner » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:23 am

Motor City Sam wrote:I'm sure this note will bring a "who cares?" from most of you :) , but one or two of you might wonder why you won't be seeing Previews/Game Threads or Scoreboard Updates from me. I'm taking a break from the board, at least temporarily. Nothing's wrong; I just have a lot going on, most of it positive. Time is limited, and a few things have to go on the activities list. I had been pretty active on several college basketball team message boards, and they are pretty much all going.

Those of you who go to the games will still see me at Calihan on the days I can make it, although I have admittedly been able to make only a few games this season. Otherwise, I'll be watching on TV and listening on the radio, and hopefully making the next athletic luncheon.

Go Titans.

Uh oh. I may have to come up w/ a preview for Friday night's loss.
Titan All Americans Calihan Swanson Sparrow Ebben DeBusschere Murray Haywood Long Tyler Duerod Phillips Green McCallum
Commissioner
Senior

Postby HSScout1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:23 am

You will definitely be missed. Your contributions have gone above and beyond this season and your opinions are valued. Personally, I hope that you'll be back posting very soon!
HSScout1
Senior

Postby titanmike » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Motor City Sam wrote:I'm sure this note will bring a "who cares?" from most of you :) , but one or two of you might wonder why you won't be seeing Previews/Game Threads or Scoreboard Updates from me. I'm taking a break from the board, at least temporarily. Nothing's wrong; I just have a lot going on, most of it positive. Time is limited, and a few things have to go on the activities list. I had been pretty active on several college basketball team message boards, and they are pretty much all going.

Go Titans.

Any moment you get we love to hear what Sam has to say, so don't go away long!
titanmike
Senior

Postby udballer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Hurry back, Sam. You're easily one out the best posters we have. Thanks for all of the hard work!
udballer
Senior

Postby TitanTarHeel » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:15 pm

This feels like a break up of "its not you, its me".

It's us Sam, you can admit it. :D
TitanTarHeel
Senior

Postby udballer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:42 pm

TitanTarHeel wrote:This feels like a break up of "its not you, its me".

It's us Sam, you can admit it. :D

Agreed. Maybe Sam can just put out one more post in call caps to get rid of the burden... and then he may feel like posting again? Give it a try, Sam. Something like...

I TOLD YOU NOT TO FIRE RAY!!!. I doubt anyone could blame him for such a post. :)
udballer
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Sam sorry to hear you will not be posting for awhile. I know you are not leaving due to the poor performance of our team because you still follow Depaul and they haven't been good for longer than us. I have always enjoyed your posts and opinions. PLEASE CHECK IN WHEN YOU CAN AND HURRY BACK!!!!!!
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:04 pm

HSScout1 wrote:You will definitely be missed. Your contributions have gone above and beyond this season and your opinions are valued. Personally, I hope that you'll be back posting very soon!

++1
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:58 pm

Sam, the board will miss you while you are gone. Please keep in touch with me, though. You're a friend and while I know you're terribly busy, I want to hear from you. You know if you want to discuss anything...anything at all...you have my phone number and can always text me. I know I'm terrible at keeping up with my texts or e-mails but I'll try to be more diligent. Okay?

I can't make the games this year much, too, because of my new schedule. But I look forward to trading texts or phone calls like we've been doing for a while now. Take care.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball