Who would be your next coach

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:07 pm

TitanONeill wrote:Wow. What has this board come to? We are "d" measuring via FICO scores? C'mon guys. One team. One fight.


Relax if Tactimundo1234567 was here I'd probably give him a hug.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby titanmike » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:13 pm

In the spirit of MLK lets all get along.
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby ptctitan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:20 pm

It sounds like Mike has been to the mountain top. ;)

But I think it was Rodney King who asked that question.

If JJ was not the best candidate, then Vowels has made the right decision. The remaining issue is whether he will identify and hire the best candidate.

You might think this article sounds familiar. We are not the only small D-1 school with problems.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/4/4/17194364/st-peters-marist-john-dunne-coaching-carousel-candidates-shaheen-holloway

Usually, the future turns out to be not as bad as we fear and never as good as we hope.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby titanmike » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:22 pm

ptctitan wrote:It sounds like Mike has been to the mountain top. ;)

But I think it was Rodney King who asked that question.

If JJ was not the best candidate, then Vowels has made the right decision. The remaining issue is whether he will identify and hire the best candidate.

You might think this article sounds familiar. We are not the only small D-1 school with problems.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/4/4/17194364/st-peters-marist-john-dunne-coaching-carousel-candidates-shaheen-holloway

Usually, the future turns out to be not as bad as we fear and never as good as we hope.


Its the spirit of MLK, not the question of R King who asked. Why cant we all just get along.
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:24 pm

titanmike wrote:In the spirit of MLK lets all get along.


THIS IS HARMONY!
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby ptctitan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:25 pm

No reason why we cannot get along.

Hopefully, we will have something positive to discuss in the near future. We are one of the 10 remaining unfilled D-1 jobs left now.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:30 pm

titanmike wrote:
ptctitan wrote:It sounds like Mike has been to the mountain top. ;)

But I think it was Rodney King who asked that question.

If JJ was not the best candidate, then Vowels has made the right decision. The remaining issue is whether he will identify and hire the best candidate.

You might think this article sounds familiar. We are not the only small D-1 school with problems.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/4/4/17194364/st-peters-marist-john-dunne-coaching-carousel-candidates-shaheen-holloway

Usually, the future turns out to be not as bad as we fear and never as good as we hope.


Its the spirit of MLK, not the question of R King who asked. Why cant we all just get along.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:32 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:
titanmike wrote:
ptctitan wrote:It sounds like Mike has been to the mountain top. ;)

But I think it was Rodney King who asked that question.

If JJ was not the best candidate, then Vowels has made the right decision. The remaining issue is whether he will identify and hire the best candidate.

You might think this article sounds familiar. We are not the only small D-1 school with problems.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/4/4/17194364/st-peters-marist-john-dunne-coaching-carousel-candidates-shaheen-holloway

Usually, the future turns out to be not as bad as we fear and never as good as we hope.


Its the spirit of MLK, not the question of R King who asked. Why cant we all just get along.


The Shaheen Holloway mentioned in the above article might be the right guy for our job.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Dammit, I confess I love going UP North. I love hiking at Sleeping Bear and I even love Mackinac even though the downtown is tacky as hell.
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Dammit, I confess I love going UP North. I love hiking at Sleeping Bear and I even love Mackinac even though the downtown is tacky as hell.


I guess that's UP North. We do not consider that area up north, even their Mosquitoes are inferior.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Well, I keep meaning to make my way up to Isle Royale, as I love our nation's National Parks. But, as you know, I'm not known for driving long distances. ;)
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby ptctitan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:23 pm

From a Twitter account that tracks coaching changes.

Hearing that Detroit is looking at NBA coaches and former NBA players....... would set the program back further than it already is doing right now. AD Vowels better listen closely...........

Ernie Zigler
Cornell Mann
Preston Murphy
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:35 pm

Beat me to it, ptc. For those not following the Coaching Changes account, the dudes are down right hilarious: https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachingChanges
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Am I the only one very worried about the possibility of Zeigler? His tenure at Central wasn't too impressive. If he couldn't make it work there, why would we think UDM would be different?
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby R.B.J1 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:52 pm

ptctitan wrote:From a Twitter account that tracks coaching changes.

Hearing that Detroit is looking at NBA coaches and former NBA players....... would set the program back further than it already is doing right now. AD Vowels better listen closely...........

Ernie Zigler
Cornell Mann
Preston Murphy


This guy did not hear anything, he read about this on the other message board, after Tony Paul tweeted that Rick Mahorn was interested in the job.
R.B.J1
Senior
 
Posts: 1979
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby ptctitan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Plus Ziegler is connected to McCallum.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby MooseGuy1 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:56 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:Well, I keep meaning to make my way up to Isle Royale, as I love our nation's National Parks. But, as you know, I'm not known for driving long distances. ;)


Isle Royale is full of moose. Certainly worth the trip.

If Vowels hires Ray Mac II, I'll take him up there for a well deserved vacation. Vowels looks like he could use a little moose in his life.
MooseGuy1
Senior
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby titanmike » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:22 am

MooseGuy1 wrote:
Tacitus651 wrote:Well, I keep meaning to make my way up to Isle Royale, as I love our nation's National Parks. But, as you know, I'm not known for driving long distances. ;)


Isle Royale is full of moose. Certainly worth the trip.

If Vowels hires Ray Mac II, I'll take him up there for a well deserved vacation. Vowels looks like he could use a little moose in his life.


Moose or Mousse?
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby titandave » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:59 pm

I would like to think that Cornell Mann is on the 'short list' of candidates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JjDg3ClB0w
titandave
Senior
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Re: Who would be your next coach

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:16 pm

titandave wrote:I would like to think that Cornell Mann is on the 'short list' of candidates.

Why? I hope Vowels isn't stupid enough to give him an interview.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JjDg3ClB0w
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], titanmike and 7 guests