Tacitus Presents the Inaugural Season End Tweet Contest

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Tacitus Presents the Inaugural Season End Tweet Contest

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Sum up the 2017-2018 season in 280 characters or less. Winners will be selected based on humor and my personal affinity for people.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Re: Tacitus Presents the Inaugural Season End Tweet Contest

Postby MooseGuy1 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:30 pm

If you were allergic to D-1 basketball, you'd never even sneeze. And I don't care if I win this obviously rigged contest. Tacitus will pick himself.
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby udballer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:21 pm

I'm actually too depressed with the state of the program to enter this contest. I think you'd have to invent a few words to adequately describe this staff and team's performance in 2017/18.
udballer
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:01 pm

baller, your post displays humility and magnifies the reality of the program. I've decided to count your post as an official entry, and I'm proud to inform you that you currently have a top 2 entry.
"Anything that can be done in college basketball can be done from right here.” - Coach Davis
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby theroundsquare » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:21 pm

I wrote this in limerick form but there's nothing specific to 2017-18, except that maybe at the beginning of the season we thought we'd be better than we turned out. Here it is:

For this season we were excited
We hoped that we’d be delighted
But the results came in
And we didn’t win
To the big east, we’ll not be invited
theroundsquare
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:35 pm

baller, you still have a top 3 entry. I'm sure some people think I'm off to a slow start with this contest. But, I'll remind you it takes YEARS to build a successful contest. At least 4 years, in fact. I might only end up with 3 entries this year, but I'm confident I will repeat the following year with 3 entries. Then, with no signs of improvement or reason for hope, I will miraculously receive no fewer than 20 entries in year 3.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby udballer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Well done, roundsquare.

Tacitus651 wrote:baller, you still have a top 3 entry. I'm sure some people think I'm off to a slow start with this contest. But, I'll remind you it takes YEARS to build a successful contest. At least 4 years, in fact. I might only end up with 3 entries this year, but I'm confident I will repeat the following year with 3 entries. Then, with no signs of improvement or reason for hope, I will miraculously receive no fewer than 20 entries in year 3.

:lol: That was worth checking back in to the board today.
udballer
Senior

Postby TerryTylerFan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Sum up the season in 280 characters? Sounds fun. While I went to almost every home game and can recall some disappointing play and injuries and eligibility issues, I’m getting older and don’t always recall things. What to do? I know, I’ll check to see what my favorite chroniclers of Titan hoops had to say.

Oops, The Commissioner and Motor City Sam both took in-season sabbaticals this year. Well, back to searching.

Luckily I found a poster who’s been on all year with some very consistent messaging. (Some may say that it’s just repeating the same things over and over and over and over again and again. And again. And then quite a few more times. But it is consistent.). With the the help of this insightful and witty poster I can sum up the season in just 96 characters!

BAVowelsJJSrJJJr
BadBadAwfulWorst
BAVowelsJJSrJJJr
BadBadAwfulWorst
BAVowelsJJSrJJJr
BadBadAwfulWorst
TerryTylerFan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:19 pm

We have a contender! I'm still hoping 96 himself enters the contest.

The contest will close Sunday evening when the selection show begins. Still time to enter your tweets!
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks to all of our contestants.

Gold medal - theroundsquare
Silver medal - Moose
Bronze medal - TerryTylerFan
Honorable mention - baller
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby udballer » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Yes! Honorable mention!! Thanks, Tacitus! This is the first thing I've won since claiming the 1998 Club Championship at Indian Lake Golf & Country Club.

I'd say more but I'm trying to remain anonymous.
udballer
Senior

Postby MooseGuy1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:20 pm

A Silver Medal. I'm humbled and grateful considering the fine entries. Tacitus, when can I expect the medal in the mail?
MooseGuy1
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:27 pm

:lol:

I feel like I'm a character on The Americans. I'm so incognito and anonymous. Just wish I had the courage like Tom to put my name in my signature.

I don't participate in many message boards. In fact, only 2. This one, because I love my alma mater and college basketball. And, a personal finance message board called Mr. Money Mustache because I don't want to have to work in my 60s. I'm just as witty and funny on that board.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Moose, you can claim your medal when the Titans play here in South Bend. It might look like the top foil to a yogurt container though. Crap, my identity is being compromised!

In all seriousness, it would be my personal honor to buy Moose a beer and get to know him. His short story is the only thing that's been posted on this board that I'm proud of since Ray left. That bear sticks with me for some reason.
Tacitus651
Senior

Return to Men's Basketball