Oakland Board...

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Oakland Board...

Postby ptctitan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:15 am

Given how events transpired this year, it is pretty clear that Cole Long replaced all of Hogan's rebounds, most of Hogan's scoring, and all of Isaiah Jones' blocks. That leaves us having to replace the statistical production of Prince and Black. That should not be hard to do.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 am

titanmike wrote:Change is coming soon.

titanmike wrote:I just came from a Change Management presentation, change begins from within. A culture change is going on, no everyone bought in, but I am confident they will. If they don't, I will be the first to say I am wrong.

Your first comment got me excited that there would be a change in coaching. Your second comment bummed me out because it sounds like you are saying BA is the change and kids just weren't buying into his program. If true, I have some problems with that. 1. I didn't see much of a program to buy into. 2. They have had two years to buy into the program and it does not appear any have, but without an obvious program its hard to tell if they have or not. 3. I don't think kids want to buy what BA is selling. They didn't when he was as assistant here and it does not seem like they are now. I can't imagine the kids and UofM bought into the bird in a cage and potato chip on the shoulder bits. If BA is to succeed HE needs to change.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Detroit News’ Tony Paul tweets “As expected, Oakland men's hoops has declined postseason tourney invites (CBI, CIT). For multiple reasons, including a depleted roster and budget concerns.”
Rogobob77
Senior

Postby titanmike » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Rogobob77 wrote:Detroit News’ Tony Paul tweets “As expected, Oakland men's hoops has declined postseason tourney invites (CBI, CIT). For multiple reasons, including a depleted roster and budget concerns.”

Depleted roster, dafuq. Budget concerns , BS!
titanmike
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:43 pm

I think OU is holding out for the Vegas 8.
Detroit Mercy does not provide public comment on internal personnel issues!
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Depleted roster is pretty well documented. Add to that no reason for someone like Nunn to risk injury at this point.

Budget concerns- there’s quite a few looking at the big picture. No reason to spend money to be in one of those tournaments this year.
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby titanmike » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Oudrummer wrote:Depleted roster is pretty well documented. Add to that no reason for someone like Nunn to risk injury at this point.

Budget concerns- there’s quite a few looking at the big picture. No reason to spend money to be in one of those tournaments this year.

You managed to field enough of a team to play in the HL Tournament right?
titanmike
Senior

Postby udballer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:10 pm

It makes no sense for OU to pay money to get waxed by Idaho in the CIT. I'd have made the same decision if I were in charge of that community college.
udballer
Senior

Postby titanmike » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:13 pm

udballer wrote:It makes no sense for OU to pay money to get waxed by Idaho in the CIT. I'd have made the same decision if I were in charge of that community college.

I get it, but that isn't a budget concern that's a we don't want to be dumb with our money commitment.
titanmike
Senior

Postby udballer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:28 pm

titanmike wrote:
udballer wrote:It makes no sense for OU to pay money to get waxed by Idaho in the CIT. I'd have made the same decision if I were in charge of that community college.

I get it, but that isn't a budget concern that's a we don't want to be dumb with our money commitment.

Agreed.
udballer
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball