loyola

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: loyola

Postby jucofan1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Loyola has great team chemistry, passes great and superb defense. Seems everyone on team can shoot the long ball but they can really attack the basket. They are an impressive team.
jucofan1
Senior
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 am

Re: loyola

Postby Dick Vitale » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:42 am

LUC is impressive. Can't be happy enough for their success.

Belian was very kind in his words about LUC after his victory last night. Can't wait to see this one play out.
Dick Vitale
Senior
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 am

Re: loyola

Postby udballer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 am

I can't think of many things more enjoyable than watching Michigan lose to Loyola Chicago.
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: loyola

Postby Tacitus651 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:52 am

udballer wrote:I can't think of many things more enjoyable than watching Michigan lose to Loyola Chicago.


Watching Vowels walk to his car carrying a banker's box full of his personal belongings?
Detroit Mercy does not provide public comment on internal personnel issues!
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: loyola

Postby uofdfan1983 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:04 am

How about watching our Titans in the Final Four? As much as I will enjoy watching Loyola from afar, feeling a familial connection, it's not nearly the same as being there for the Final Four in person to watch my team.

Something most people thought would be impossible for Loyola to accomplish, yet here they are. They were doormats for decades; even when we were bad, they would be worse than us.

No reason we can't accomplish the same feat. How bout channeling our energies in a positive direction instead of just dumping on each other? This should be a motivating example; a path to follow for us.

One thing I have learned: nobody cares about us, nobody takes care of us, except us. We need to build OUR program, not wait and expect someone else to do it for us.
Tom Buysse
Classes of 1983 and 1987
uofdfan1983
Senior
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Re: loyola

Postby StJoeUofD » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:40 pm

I couldn't agree with you more, Tom. Unfortunately, I don't remember who said this, but I always loved the quote "The comeback is always greater than the setback."
StJoeUofD
Senior
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:30 am

Re: loyola

Postby udballer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:15 pm

I have a feeling my positive outlook will return with a vengeance the moment the new staff arrives.
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: loyola

Postby ptctitan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:36 pm

uofdfan1983 wrote:How about watching our Titans in the Final Four? As much as I will enjoy watching Loyola from afar, feeling a familial connection, it's not nearly the same as being there for the Final Four in person to watch my team.

Something most people thought would be impossible for Loyola to accomplish, yet here they are. They were doormats for decades; even when we were bad, they would be worse than us.

No reason we can't accomplish the same feat. How bout channeling our energies in a positive direction instead of just dumping on each other? This should be a motivating example; a path to follow for us.

One thing I have learned: nobody cares about us, nobody takes care of us, except us. We need to build OUR program, not wait and expect someone else to do it for us.


+100, Tom.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Re: loyola

Postby NC Titan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Kansas beats Duke. They're still riding the emotion and euphoria of beating us in the tournament a few years back. ;)
#DetroitsCollegeTeam #OurCityOurTime
NC Titan
Senior
 
Posts: 2164
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: loyola

Postby upbasketballfan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:43 pm

udballer wrote:I can't think of many things more enjoyable than watching Michigan lose to Loyola Chicago.


I don't think this is going to happen. In my opinion Loyola will be fortunate to keep the game close.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: loyola

Postby udballer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:51 am

upbasketballfan wrote:
udballer wrote:I can't think of many things more enjoyable than watching Michigan lose to Loyola Chicago.


I don't think this is going to happen. In my opinion Loyola will be fortunate to keep the game close.


I guess we'll have to wait and see. In my opinion, Loyola has definitely beaten better teams on their way to the Final 4. Other than (potentially) Houston, they are the best team that Michigan will have faced to this point. Naturally, if Michigan shoots the lights out like they did against A&M, they can beat anybody... but if they shoot like they did for 75% of their games this tournament, they'll probably be going home.
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: loyola

Postby Tacitus651 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:16 am

Most amazing to me, Loyola is having all this success with only one Canadian player on the roster. And, he doesn't even play this season. And, he's not even coastal Canadian. He's an interior Canadian. Everyone knows the best Canadian ballers come from the coasts. Somehow, Porter Moser found a way to win without coastal Canadian talent.
Detroit Mercy does not provide public comment on internal personnel issues!
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: loyola

Postby udballer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:46 am

Tacitus651 wrote:Most amazing to me, Loyola is having all this success with only one Canadian player on the roster. And, he doesn't even play this season. And, he's not even coastal Canadian. He's an interior Canadian. Everyone knows the best Canadian ballers come from the coasts. Somehow, Porter Moser found a way to win without coastal Canadian talent.


I didn't even dig deep into the roster. Nice research, Tacitus! They've most definitely made their run with smoke-and-mirrors, then. I guess I just naturally assumed that they had a player or two from Annacis Island or Halifax.
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: loyola

Postby upbasketballfan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:51 pm

I was way off on this one I thought Michigan would blow Loyola out. I was expecting Michigan to have a 10-12 pt. lead at the half, not be trailing by 7.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: loyola

Postby ptctitan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:42 pm

Thought that Bacari's tweet (now taken down by him) of Crying Jordan superimposed on Sister Jean was classless and makes me now question why I ever exerted any energy defending him on this board. You don't do that to the 98 year old team chaplain of any university. Let alone a wheelchair bound 98 year old nun. Obviously, he did not learn the proper lesson from his leave of absence last November.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/03/31/michigan-basketball-sister-jean-crying-jordan/476332002/

Totally classless.
ptctitan
Senior
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:48 am

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests