Corey Allen Transferring

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Corey Allen Transferring

Postby titandave » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Often, when one door closes another one opens ..... are we still in the running to sign Bryce Washington (SG) from Southfield Christian ?
titandave
Senior
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Re: Corey Allen Transferring

Postby udballer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:43 pm

titandave wrote:Often, when one door closes another one opens ..... are we still in the running to sign Bryce Washington (SG) from Southfield Christian ?


Technically, I believe we are. However, I've never heard a word that would lead me to think he will end up here.
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Corey Allen Transferring

Postby R.B.J1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:49 pm

udballer wrote:I think the odds just went up that JJJ becomes the leading scorer in Titans history at the conclusion of his career.

I just fired an email to Scoonie Penn at Ohio State regarding the transfer announcement. Let's see if tOSU is as good at responding to people as Detroit Mercy has been over the years.


Has Penn responded to your email?
R.B.J1
Senior
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Re: Corey Allen Transferring

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:24 pm

udballer wrote:
titandave wrote:Often, when one door closes another one opens ..... are we still in the running to sign Bryce Washington (SG) from Southfield Christian ?


Technically, I believe we are. However, I've never heard a word that would lead me to think he will end up here.


Why? I hope we do not offer a scholarship to Washington. If we did i hope we retract. He is the third or fourth best player on his class D team and I've been told we do not recruit D players. If we were to recruit a D player then we should have went after Jake Witt from Trout Creek. He has good ball skills is 6'7' - 6'8' 250Lbs.+ and is built like he has been working in the woods since he was 9. I sent info on him to our coaching staff last year and this year and as usual no response.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Corey Allen Transferring

Postby titanmike » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:20 am

upbasketballfan wrote:
udballer wrote:
titandave wrote:Often, when one door closes another one opens ..... are we still in the running to sign Bryce Washington (SG) from Southfield Christian ?


Technically, I believe we are. However, I've never heard a word that would lead me to think he will end up here.


Why? I hope we do not offer a scholarship to Washington. If we did i hope we retract. He is the third or fourth best player on his class D team and I've been told we do not recruit D players. If we were to recruit a D player then we should have went after Jake Witt from Trout Creek. He has good ball skills is 6'7' - 6'8' 250Lbs.+ and is built like he has been working in the woods since he was 9. I sent info on him to our coaching staff last year and this year and as usual no response.


Curious, how do you know we don't recruit D Players currently? Who is out doing recruiting?
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Re: Corey Allen Transferring

Postby upbasketballfan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:25 pm

titanmike wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:
udballer wrote:
Technically, I believe we are. However, I've never heard a word that would lead me to think he will end up here.


Why? I hope we do not offer a scholarship to Washington. If we did i hope we retract. He is the third or fourth best player on his class D team and I've been told we do not recruit D players. If we were to recruit a D player then we should have went after Jake Witt from Trout Creek. He has good ball skills is 6'7' - 6'8' 250Lbs.+ and is built like he has been working in the woods since he was 9. I sent info on him to our coaching staff last year and this year and as usual no response.


Curious, how do you know we don't recruit D Players currently? Who is out doing recruiting?


I was hoping JJ was.
upbasketballfan
Senior
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Corey Allen Transferring

Postby udballer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:29 pm

R.B.J1 wrote:
udballer wrote:I think the odds just went up that JJJ becomes the leading scorer in Titans history at the conclusion of his career.

I just fired an email to Scoonie Penn at Ohio State regarding the transfer announcement. Let's see if tOSU is as good at responding to people as Detroit Mercy has been over the years.


Has Penn responded to your email?


Nope. Apparently, Scoonie could slide right in to a role at Detroit Mercy. :D
udballer
Senior
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Corey Allen Transferring

Postby titandave » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:58 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:I was hoping JJ was.

I'm guessing JJ was instrumental in recent recruiting developments .... BJ Simmons (verbal commit) and Jesse Barnes (scholarship offer).
titandave
Senior
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Re: Corey Allen Transferring

Postby Tacitus651 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:30 pm

These coaches really should not respond to your emails when you give them tips about recruits. The NCAA rules have become so strict. If you take the time to write a coach, he probably assumes you are a booster per NCAA rules. A booster is anyone that financially supports the school. It's against the rules for coaches to work with people outside the institution to recruit athletes, especially boosters. If a coach receives emails like this, he's probably concerned that you might also approach the potential recruit yourself (this could be at a HS game or even on social media).

I get that some people would like a simple "thank you" response, but if you're a coach the last thing you want is any paper trail suggesting you colluded with anyone regarding external recruiting.

Many here have criticized the school and athletic department for not responding to calls and emails. I doubt anyone would disagree it's something the university is pretty bad at. But, in the cases about recruiting tips, they're doing the right thing.
Remember when Detroit Mercy had a winning basketball program? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Tacitus651
Senior
 
Posts: 1898
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Corey Allen Transferring

Postby titanmike » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:50 pm

titandave wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote:I was hoping JJ was.

I'm guessing JJ was instrumental in recent recruiting developments .... BJ Simmons (verbal commit) and Jesse Barnes (scholarship offer).


Maybe, but they came pre BA firing
titanmike
Senior
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests