Bacari fired

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Bacari fired

Postby The-Dude » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 am

uofdmik2008 wrote:
The-Dude wrote:
titanmac wrote:if i were mike i’d throw 96 off the board. maybe a couple of others too....

I totally agree. I’m nominating @MrAgenda @MrDisrespectful to be thrown off the board, immediately. Love and peace will reign again...

Waking up this morning, based on my response to the Troll post of 96, I should be kicked off too Mike, but I will make it easier for you.... I will publish one more thread, don't want to continue this one off topic and then I am logging off for good.

Don’t do it Mik. You’re a Class Act and I enjoy reading your thoughts, feedback, and opinions.
The-Dude
Senior

Postby Titan Jim » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:30 am

I agree. Take a breath and a short hiatus, but don't sign off for good. Mik, you would be greatly missed.
Titan Jim
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:21 am

uofdmik2008 wrote:
Titans96 wrote:This is completely amazing to me and should put fear into my fellow alumni for the future of our Titans. Both Mik and PTC are suggesting that the Titans should continue to be incompetent, idiotic and stay the course as the worst team in the Horizon League and one of the worst teams in D1. How does hiring JJSr, even for 1 year, help the Titans? He is one of the main reasons we are in such a terrible place now. He is a god awful coach, he has no idea how to run a quality program, no one wants to work with him or for him, so he will only get the worst assistant coaches possible and there isn't a quality player anywhere who would want to play for him. He might have been a good player, but his lack of coaching ability and terrible recruiting skills have put the Titans where they are today - the worst team in Titan history and one of the worst teams in D1.

Add to the stupidity of keeping JJSr, Mik and PTC think that Vowels is the right person to lead the program into the future. What planet are you two on? Vowels has not accomplished one of his goals that he set for himself when he started here, and his Athletic Program has become one of the worst in the NCAA (D1-D2-D3).

UDM needs a new AD and Men's Basketball Head Coach immediately. Our school is at a major point in its history, and we cannot allow stupidity to reign. It is time for Garabaldi and the Board to step in now and DRAIN THE SWAMP! If the current regime is kept in place, the entire University may never recover from the tsunami of incompetence that is currently running the basketball program and athletic department.

What planet are you on? I said I would like Andy Bronkema or someone from the outside. What Titan alumni should be afraid is that you earned a degree from the same institution as the Titan alumni, considering the fact that your reading comprehension is non-existent, you just dragged me into an argument and put words in my mouth I never said. I never endorsed JJSR, BA or Vowels I was making a point about cant make everyone happy, you make my point crystal clear, some people will just make S*** up to be upset about. Please for the love of God learn how to read, did I mention keeping or firing Vowels? Did I mention keeping Bacari or JJsr, learn how to read before you comment with your mindless drivel, same drivel you usually comment. Might as well copy and paste the same garbage over and over! I for one would rather go outside of the Titan family, someone like Andy Bronkema and I mentioned that in previous post. Your mention of idiotic and incompetent makes your post that much more ironic.

The best way to deal with 96 is to eliminate his posts. The only time I see them is when someone else quotes him. He gave up on his Alma Mater and now he wants to justify his decision by turning others against the program and enlisting them in his legion of quit. Don't quit on us Tom that is caving in to the Troll.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby titanmac » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:27 am

right you are up! your a saving grace around here mik. hang around.
In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power! Well that basketball court out there tonight, that's our universe. Let's rule it like Titans! (with apologies to coach boon)
titanmac
Senior

Postby bctitans1987 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am

Up - You are a JJ fan. That's fine. Live with the mediocrity and clown-show. If you are okay with that, then enjoy losing on and off the court. If you think losing equals success, that's your prerogative. Clearly, with the very small fan-base the Titans now have, there are many more people who agree with my decision not to attend games or support the AD. You probably think the Pistons are moving in a positive direction as well...
bctitans1987
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:29 pm

bctitans1987 wrote:Up - You are a JJ fan. That's fine. Live with the mediocrity and clown-show. If you are okay with that, then enjoy losing on and off the court. If you think losing equals success, that's your prerogative. Clearly, with the very small fan-base the Titans now have, there are many more people who agree with my decision not to attend games or support the AD. You probably think the Pistons are moving in a positive direction as well...

No I am a Titan Fan .I am not a quitter and despise that trait in others. You obviously were never a team player but more one of the ride along guys. The program fell on hard times and as expected you fell off the wagon. That is fine as teammates who give up are not teammates at all. Just someone trying to justify their irrelevant existence. You falling off of the Titan Train is fine with me and I in no way want you to climb back on. My problem with your posts is your constant attacks on your University and your attempt to get others to turn on those who are trying to keep the program on track. If you want to quit that is fine but getting others to do the same will not justify your poor decision.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby JimmyChitwood » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:04 pm

The fact is, if we all just went along with supporting the program regardless of its state of disrepair, BA would be back next year, either with the same assistants and players who could not agree on anything, or with new assistants and minus even more players. Neither was acceptable. It took people who love the Titans and the university telling the administration they were not going to sit around and cheer us on into D2. We are not bandwagoners. We want to move forward, not backward. Staying silent meant backwards.
JimmyChitwood
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:47 pm

+1,000 Jimmy
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby titanmike » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Tacitus651 wrote:+1,000 Jimmy

+infinity
titanmike
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:20 pm

JimmyChitwood wrote:The fact is, if we all just went along with supporting the program regardless of its state of disrepair, BA would be back next year, either with the same assistants and players who could not agree on anything, or with new assistants and minus even more players. Neither was acceptable. It took people who love the Titans and the university telling the administration they were not going to sit around and cheer us on into D2. We are not bandwagoners. We want to move forward, not backward. Staying silent meant backwards.

The issues raised by upbasketballfan and mik do not concern any efforts made off board by concerned alumni in communicating their opinions to the administration. Their issues concern the destructive way in which some here deal with dissenting opinions. I agree with their points. If you want to build a consensus for productive action, you should not continually attack posters who challenge your reasoning. Or put forth a dissenting opinion. Or suggest that the putative advantages of a certain policy should be weighed against the disadvantages; e.g., firing Bacari has caused Adrian Nelson to decommit and likely destroyed the pipeline Bacari had developed into Pickerington and other Ohio schools from his days at Michigan. There will likely be other costs to this change before any benefits can be seen. But Vowels has begun a journey down this path. Just remember that it took Porter Moser 4 years before Loyola had a winning season. For us, that would be the 2021-22 season. Until then, he averaged 10.67 wins per season. Are y'all prepared to endure that?
ptctitan
Senior

Postby udballer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:48 pm

ptctitan wrote:Until then, he averaged 10.67 wins per season. Are y'all prepared to endure that?

Are you suggesting we can actually get three more wins out of this fiasco in the short term? Nice!
udballer
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:16 pm

JimmyChitwood wrote:The fact is, if we all just went along with supporting the program regardless of its state of disrepair, BA would be back next year, either with the same assistants and players who could not agree on anything, or with new assistants and minus even more players. Neither was acceptable. It took people who love the Titans and the university telling the administration they were not going to sit around and cheer us on into D2. We are not bandwagoners. We want to move forward, not backward. Staying silent meant backwards.

There is a difference between supporting a program and constantly attacking it. If we all supported the program as much as we could that might have led to another 4-6 wins + maybe a few better recruits. Losing Nelson hurts he very well might be the best recruit we have had in the last 8-10 yrs. If he is in the top 15 in Ohio he would probably be better than the $ 3 guy in Michigan. A lot better basketball being played in Ohio. What I was addressing was the quitting on the school. That was aimed at 1987 not at you Jimmy.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Tacitus651 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:28 pm

Explain how the 20 people who regularly participate on this message board could have "supported the program as much as we could" and how that could have led to another 4-6 wins. I think you're very much overestimating the power of fans, at least 2 or 3 dozen fans. Even if the 20 or so of us reached deep and endowed a few scholarships for the MBB roster, and all attended every game and begged family and friends to come with, I don't see how that provides the resources or game atmosphere that leads to another 4-6 wins. You're right that we shouldn't give up on our team. And you're right that some people here are too negative (me included). But, I'm sorry - these last two seasons are on BA, not us.
Tacitus651
Senior

Postby R.B.J1 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:37 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:

There is a difference between supporting a program and constantly attacking it. If we all supported the program as much as we could that might have led to another 4-6 wins + maybe a few better recruits. Losing Nelson hurts he very well might be the best recruit we have had in the last 8-10 yrs. If he is in the top 15 in Ohio he would probably be better than the $ 3 guy in Michigan. A lot better basketball being played in Ohio. What I was addressing was the quitting on the school. That was aimed at 1987 not at you Jimmy.

The better basketball is being played in Michigan.
R.B.J1
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:38 pm

ptctitan wrote:
The issues raised by upbasketballfan and mik do not concern any efforts made off board by concerned alumni in communicating their opinions to the administration. Their issues concern the destructive way in which some here deal with dissenting opinions. I agree with their points. If you want to build a consensus for productive action, you should not continually attack posters who challenge your reasoning. Or put forth a dissenting opinion. Or suggest that the putative advantages of a certain policy should be weighed against the disadvantages; e.g., firing Bacari has caused Adrian Nelson to decommit and likely destroyed the pipeline Bacari had developed into Pickerington and other Ohio schools from his days at Michigan. There will likely be other costs to this change before any benefits can be seen. But Vowels has begun a journey down this path. Just remember that it took Porter Moser 4 years before Loyola had a winning season. For us, that would be the 2021-22 season. Until then, he averaged 10.67 wins per season. Are y'all prepared to endure that?

He did change to a better conference after two year. The program looked to be going up in his second year then it took a hit when he changed conferences. If you were to tell me after the second year we would be out of the HL into a better conference I could wait 4 year but in the same conference I will not have the patience for the coach
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:48 pm

I would just point out that Bacari had more wins in the HL during his first two years here than Moser had in his first two years in the HL at Loyola. This is not to defend Bacari. It is intended to point out the long road potentially ahead of us even if we hire a coach that the majority here would support.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby JDetroitTitan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:47 pm

ptctitan wrote:I would just point out that Bacari had more wins in the HL during his first two years here than Moser had in his first two years in the HL at Loyola. This is not to defend Bacari. It is intended to point out the long road potentially ahead of us even if we hire a coach that the majority here would support.

I get your point I was just saying it would be hard for me to watch a losing program (or stagnant ) for four years. If the program wasn’t win but increasing every year I could stomach it or moving to a better conference. I understand there will be some adjusting period. But a losing or stagnant program for four years is unacceptable in my eyes.
JDetroitTitan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:33 am

R.B.J1 wrote: The better basketball is being played in Michigan.

That must be why the two big programs in Michigan recruit elsewhere. I think between M and MSU there is one player who played HS ball in Michigan that starts and that is Winston. I think this last year Clarkston was the best team in our state and I think if they played in Ohio they would be hard pressed to be in the top 10. I watched Pinkerington C. twice this last year and Clarkston would be fortunate to win one of 10 from them. I hope you are kidding R.B.J because there is no comparison.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:38 am

According to MaxPreps Clarkston is the #7 team in the country. Ohio doesn’t even have anyone ranked.
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:45 am

If USA Today is more your cup of tea, Michigan has 4 teams I’m the top 100, Ohio has one.
Oudrummer
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball