Bacari fired

Go TITANS!!! Get all the news and gossip on Men's Basketball.
Forum rules
Please be courteous to one another and have some fun! Go Titans!!

Re: Bacari fired

Postby Titan Andrew » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:59 am

Yeah...I think up has basketball confused with football or Ohio confused with Indiana or something like that
Titan Andrew
Senior

Postby Oudrummer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:48 am

Or another one or your posters making up stuff to fit their narrative.
Oudrummer
Senior

Postby ptctitan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:09 am

JDetroitTitan wrote:
ptctitan wrote:I would just point out that Bacari had more wins in the HL during his first two years here than Moser had in his first two years in the HL at Loyola. This is not to defend Bacari. It is intended to point out the long road potentially ahead of us even if we hire a coach that the majority here would support.

I get your point I was just saying it would be hard for me to watch a losing program (or stagnant ) for four years. If the program wasn’t win but increasing every year I could stomach it or moving to a better conference. I understand there will be some adjusting period. But a losing or stagnant program for four years is unacceptable in my eyes.

That's a reasonable position. I could accept a few more steps back if that led to a 24 win season in the 4th year like Moser had at Loyola.
ptctitan
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:28 am

Oudrummer wrote:If USA Today is more your cup of tea, Michigan has 4 teams I’m the top 100, Ohio has one.

Well you got me to look it up on USA Today and then I checked to make sure it wasn't April first. As usual your degree from the Michigan State extension school is showing. You must be looking at something other than 2017-2018. I should have said in my opinion. I have watched a lot of HS basketball this year in Michigan,Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio and Indiana. I assume you know that the national rankings are political and in some cases the writer does not see most of the teams. They just go by what someone is telling them. If you do look at the USA Today final ranking I think they rank New Haven as the second or third best team in Michigan. I feel New Haven is not one of the 10 best teams in Michigan. As for Ohio there is a lot of really good teams and players in the Columbus and Cincinnati areas.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Titan Andrew » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:45 am

upbasketballfan wrote: Losing Nelson hurts he very well might be the best recruit we have had in the last 8-10 yrs. If he is in the top 15 in Ohio he would probably be better than the $ 3 guy in Michigan. A lot better basketball being played in Ohio.

Ray McCallum was a recruit in the last 8-10 years.

#3 guy in Michigan for the past 3 years according to ESPN was Foster Loyer, Isaiah Livers, and Cassius Winston.
Titan Andrew
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:59 am

Titan Andrew wrote:
upbasketballfan wrote: Losing Nelson hurts he very well might be the best recruit we have had in the last 8-10 yrs. If he is in the top 15 in Ohio he would probably be better than the $ 3 guy in Michigan. A lot better basketball being played in Ohio.

#3 guy in Michigan for the past 3 years according to ESPN was Foster Loyer, Isaiah Livers, and Cassius Winston.

First of all I think McCallum was overrated. He could not go to his left and still can't. He doesn't shoot the Three well enough and he couldn't play D. Those seem to still be his problems.I always felt that it was a good move for Ray Jr. to come to UD it guaranteed him star status. Had he gone somewhere else in my opinion he might have been searching for slivers. As to comparing McCallum to Nelson I feel Nelson is quicker can shoot the three better, seems to play D really well and can take a defender to either side. Please do not get me wrong I think Ray is a very good player, just I do not place him where a lot of others do. As to the #3 guys in Michigan I think you just listed our last Three #1's as all three ended up being our Mr. Basketballs. When we discuss basketball talent it is all in the eye of the beholder. When I was trying to get BA to look at Whitens I was told by a good source that BA thought Whitens was the same player as Long and so he was going to stick with Long. When I watched the two the only thing I saw similar about their game was that they were both white. One a forward with a slow release the other a guard with a very quick release. One a leader the other more of a follower and on and on. There was nothing similar about these two players in my eyes but BA obviously saw something different. I tried to help and will continue to try and it is up to the coaches to dole out their scholarships as the see fit.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Titan Andrew » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:12 pm

upbasketballfan wrote:
Titan Andrew wrote:

First of all I think McCallum was overrated. Had he gone somewhere else in my opinion he might have been searching for slivers. As to the #3 guys in Michigan I think you just listed our last Three #1's as all three ended up being our Mr. Basketballs.

Ray played 154 games in the NBA and is making 6 figures playing in a top Euro-league. Sounds like a guy who would struggle getting minutes in college. McD's All-American vs. the #15 guy in Ohio...ok.

As I stated, the guys I listed were rated the #3 recruits in Michigan per ESPN (see link below). They are ranked on college potential, not high school senior year like Mr. Basketball (see Green, Daymond being ranked the #36 player in the country by ESPN and Redford, Brad being ranked as the #82 point guard).

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... view/state
Titan Andrew
Senior

Postby upbasketballfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Andrew thank you for forwarding the Espn ratings. I have never look at them I just go by what I see. I am not real interested in who or how someone on the East Coast rates a player according to what offers they are getting. I watched Nelson when his team played Pickerington North and Nelson was matched up with Hunter who signed with Indiana last year and was heavily recruited. I thought in that game Nelson was the better all around player. Nelson had signed with UD and Hunter with Indiana so I feel the influenced the rating of the ESPN guy in Connecticut. I was at the game but I will bet he wasn't. As to Ray doing well in Europe, lets hope he continues to do well. He is a fine young man and represented your University well. In my opinion he was never the best player on his college team. He did lead and he had great ups. I always liked Eli, Nick and Calliste. I guess I look at a game different than most. I look at things going on away from the ball and how much better a player makes his team and teammates. One thing I did like about Ray was his getting the team to cross train and work together in the summer.I don't think that has happened in the last three years.
upbasketballfan
Senior

Postby Rogobob77 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:30 pm

Tony Paul Tweets: “Former Detroit Mercy coach Bacari Alexander getting some feelers on returning to the assistant-coach world. Had some level of dialogue with Xavier, and there have been discussions with a B10 school.”

I wish BA all the best in his job search. Wouldn’t it be something if he found another gig before his vacated UDM position is filled?
Rogobob77
Senior

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball